Iran 'assassination' & implications - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Iran 'assassination' & implications

2 hours ago, exile said:

Just remembering, that Iranian President is Hassan Rouhani, the guy who was a student in Glasgow. 

Nice to think he might have at least some feel for the place (and not bomb around here!) 

An old blog profile here  (from the Spectator). (Manages to have a dig at Glasgow too). 

I went to school with a guy fro Iran before the revolution.   We used to blow stuff up out his back door with lighter fluid cans.   But then who didn't 😇

Hassan Rouhani says (tweets) "Armed Forces’ internal investigation has concluded that regrettably missiles fired due to human error caused the horrific crash of the Ukrainian plane & death of 176 innocent people. Investigations continue to identify & prosecute this great tragedy & unforgivable mistake." 

A background article on Iran military and some neighbouring countries

How strong is Iran's military?

Country has shaped an ‘axis of resistance’ with proxy forces and influence in Middle East

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, exile said:

This is all manna from heaven for Trump.

Ffs  In a series of tweets in English and Farsi, the US president Donald Trump said he was monitoring demonstrations in the country and voiced his support – sentiments that analysts have said are unlikely to win the protesters favours.

“To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran: I’ve stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you,” he tweeted. “There can not be another massacre of peaceful protesters, nor an internet shutdown. The world is watching.” 

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Plane shot down in Afghanistan. Taliban say it had CiA on board, yanks say it didn't.

Iran getting the Taliban to shoot cia planes down maybe??

US saying it came down due to mechanical problems. Iran will certainly being funneling weapons to folk that might use them against the US so certainly possible.