everything that's wrong with scottish football - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

everything that's wrong with scottish football

7 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Consistently? Apart from the 11-1 vote can you embellish on this?

Lets start with the most recent example then.  Introducing strict liability.    Of the 42 clubs in the SPFL, only Partick Thistle, QoS and Annan supported its introduction.  

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Lets start with the most recent example then.  Introducing strict liability.    Of the 42 clubs in the SPFL, only Partick Thistle, QoS and Annan supported its introduction.  

According to a BBC survey?

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

A survey of all clubs.  So you're trying to tell me now that Aberdeen are in favour of strict liability?

Absolutely no idea, but then neither have you.  What did you expect ? 

Hi there it's Bob Fae the BBC, are ye in favour of strict liability? 

Fuck aye Bob, I'll have some of that. 

Just now, Farcity said:

Absolutely no idea, but then neither have you.  What did you expect ? 

Hi there it's Bob Fae the BBC, are ye in favour of strict liability? 

Fuck aye Bob, I'll have some of that. 

I'd imagine that given that its never come close to being implemented in Scotland, that survey is probably pretty accurate.

I'm not suggesting that Aberdeen are unique in this but they're as culpable and responsible as every other club in the top flight for bad decisions or lack of decisions made by the SPFL.   

A great example is the ridiculous playoff format that ridiculously favours the team finishing 11th in the Premiership.

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Its interesting, and a bit dispiriting, to see how much it has changed in my lifetime from my first game watching Aberdeen:

85-94:

Ø  Only once in 10 years did the old firm finish 1st and 2nd

Ø  Only once was the gap between 1st and 2nd over 10 points

Ø  It was 2 points for a win but 44 games so loads closer than what was to come.

95-11

Ø  Only once the Old Firm didn’t finish 1st and 2nd

Ø  Only once was the gap between the diddies and the winner under 10 points.

Ø  Only 3 times was the gap between 2nd and 3rd under 10 points and was actually over 20 points seven times. 

Ø  Over half these seasons the gap between 1st and nearest diddy was 30+ points. 

Ø  Every season apart from three the gap between 1st and nearest diddy was 20+ points

Ø  Less games but 3 points for a win

12-17

Ø  Gap between 2nd and 3rd was single figure every season apart from 2014 when it was 10.

Ø  Teams finishing 2-6th don’t have to watch their side play much stronger opponents from the old firm one in five league games.    

Essentially the SPL is in place so the diddies can be cannon fodder for the old firm so that they in turn can be cannon fodder in Europe.  I gave up going SPL games about 10 years ago and wouldn’t even consider returning.

Stoke were boring in the EPL too once the novelty wore off as essentially playing for 8th unless the moons and stars align like they did for Leicester – VAR is fucking it up even further and there does seem to be a whiff of WWE about it.  In the Championship though over the last 4 seasons the gap between the last play-off spot in 6th and the final relegation spot in 22nd has been under 35 points so it’s a right competitive league.  Although Stoke have been absolutely terrible every game means something and teams actually try to win away from home without parking the bus the mad bastards.     

Once the current 9 in a row circus is past I wonder if even Celtic & Rangers fans will start losing interest. There must come a time when it's as boring for them as it is for the rest of us?

Is there anyway the Fan in a Van could be resurrected ? This initiative was muted at the time of Rangers fans threatening to boycott grounds when we were feeling very sorry for ourselves. I still think the concept of Aberdeen fans hiring a mini bus to go and lend their to struggling clubs is a solid idea. 

Poor from Saints but they have always struggled with crowds. Not even a decent away game to be honest. Cant stand these grounds stuck out in the stick next to Tesco Superstore.  The really annoying thing is that a fair few of those ‘away fans’ will be travelling from Dundee and Perth. Pricks. 

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Poor from Saints but they have always struggled with crowds. Not even a decent away game to be honest. Cant stand these grounds stuck out in the stick next to Tesco Superstore.  The really annoying thing is that a fair few of those ‘away fans’ will be travelling from Dundee and Perth. Pricks. 

Because United never do it for the big teams right enough. Shed rule, aye? 😄

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Could be worse. Watching the Scouse game and I’ve heard better atmospheres at Cliftonhill. Cup tie as well!

If it's the FA cup the Premier League and arguably some championship sides dont give a shite unless they reach the semi final or the club is chasing a treble.

4 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Oh yeah... that reminds me. When are Aberdeen moving stadium?

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If it's the FA cup the Premier League and arguably some championship sides dont give a shite unless they reach the semi final or the club is chasing a treble.

I watched their league game against Sheffield United during the week and the atmosphere was equally shocking.

I could actually hear the players shouting to each other during the game, that’s what happens when these big clubs increase the size of their stadiums, an extra 15,000 day trippers coming thru the turnstiles at Anfield now, Liverpool’s new stand has a high percentage of corporate season ticket which are sold by travel agents ( mainly to Scandinavians, Japanese and Chinese supporters ) just like Arsenal, Man U and now Tottenham it makes for a shocking atmosphere, clubs don’t give a shit tho as these day trippers are all spending a few hundred quid each in the club shop. 

Anyone who refers to an English club using the term " we" should be executed, unless they are English of course. 

Utter scum and they can be included in the everything that's wrong with Scottish football list I feel. 

Edited by Farcity