Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dan cake

everything that's wrong with scottish football

Recommended Posts

I would not be happy if I was one of the season ticket holders moved. Imagine sitting there watching an old firm away fan sitting in your seat. Galling.

Turns all those home games into away fixtures as well. So how many 'away' games just to the old firm will that amount to in a season now. Fans should tell the board to stick it en masse. So how they like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I would not be happy if I was one of the season ticket holders moved. Imagine sitting there watching an old firm away fan sitting in your seat. Gall

Turns all those home games into away fixtures as well. So how many 'away' games just to the old firm will that amount to in a season now. Fans should tell the board to stick it en masse. So how they like that.

en masse?  Therin lies the problem,  If they turned up en masse.  Business is business,  If the home support cant fill their seats why would you want a half empty stadium.  So don't go blaming the directors, the rangers or celtic fans.  Blame the crap home support.  Directors are doing the right thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two clubs to blame are celtic and rangers along with a complicit governing body. This is exactly what they want

I would blame the st johnstone fans, their own chairman said they dont have an interest in either fixture. Perhaps people should ask.why the st.johnstone fans dont want to go to a celtic or ranger match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dan cake said:

This is not everything that's wrong with the scottish game, it's a part of it but not everything. Just look at the fall out from the old firm match, that's what's wrong with our game. Bigots pointing the finger at other bigots for erm being bigoted, the winners of the tie releasing statements claiming to be the victims. Both sides constantly claiming the other is favoured by refs or the sfa. The game in.scotland is the most embarrassing I can ever remember it being.

I reckon other fans outwith the OF will get fed up if it and start to walk away. Clubs will start to give the OF larger allocations when they start to panic about money again. 

It still amazes me people enjoy the garbage served up as football in Scottish premiership and I'm not talking about quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sends a message to any kids in Perth that might be starting to go to games or thinking of supporting St Johnstone.

Don’t bother with us, just support the Old Firm. If we’re lucky you can have a patronising soft spot for us, your local team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sbcmfc said:

It sends a message to any kids in Perth that might be starting to go to games or thinking of supporting St Johnstone.

Don’t bother with us, just support the Old Firm. If we’re lucky you can have a patronising soft spot for us, your local team.

Absolutely spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's all Dundee United's fault.

Isnt everything? They burnt my toast this morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Isnt everything? They burnt my toast this morning

I'll bet Stephen Thompson probably came in and switched off your smoke alarms too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The two clubs to blame are celtic and rangers along with a complicit governing body. This is exactly what they want

Tell me then - all those years Rangers were in the lower leagues - was the 11-1 rule scrapped? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Tell me then - all those years Rangers were in the lower leagues - was the 11-1 rule scrapped? 

Because the other clubs wimped out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. So it is not just Celtic & Rangers who are to blame for this dismal league. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity, in fact two lifetimes. Inexplicably the non-OF clubs did not seize it. A chance to change the rule that effectively gave the OF a veto over any proposed changes to revitalize the league and make it more competitive / entertaining. Calling them wimps does not really do it justice. Shameful chickenshittery. I am amazed as many people outside of the OF still go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It sends a message to any kids in Perth that might be starting to go to games or thinking of supporting St Johnstone.

Don’t bother with us, just support the Old Firm. If we’re lucky you can have a patronising soft spot for us, your local team.

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Yep. So it is not just Celtic & Rangers who are to blame for this dismal league. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity, in fact two lifetimes. Inexplicably the non-OF clubs did not seize it. A chance to change the rule that effectively gave the OF a veto over any proposed changes to revitalize the league and make it more competitive / entertaining. Calling them wimps does not really do it justice. Shameful chickenshittery. I am amazed as many people outside of the OF still go.

Why did those clubs wimp out? Using the soon to be former chairman of my club as an example, stewart milne wimped out because he genuinely believed the clubs need the old firm to survive. Why? Because that's exactly what the sfa and old firm want them to think.

I'm as surprised as you at attendances in the premiership. It's the most pointless league in the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

How’s its Celtic and Rangers fault? It’s a business these days. They’ve got to look out for their own best interests. 

Because they are easy to blame.  Two of the biggest supports in the world.  Linlithgow Rose can attract a bigger crowd than st johnstone.  But its the old firm fans who get the blame for supporting their team in huge numbers.  Directors at the perth side are doing the right thing.  Business is business.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

How’s its Celtic and Rangers fault? It’s a business these days. They’ve got to look out for their own best interests. 

self preservation and looking after their own interests rather than the game as a whole is also part of why scottish football is fucked. Also you should re-phrase that to They've got to look after each others interest as they need each other to thrive

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scottish football is thriving.  Two teams still in Europe.  A league challenge after all of the tainted ones.  It's all good.  Time for the other clubs to step up to the mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

self preservation and looking after their own interests rather than the game as a whole is also part of why scottish football is fucked. Also you should re-phrase that to They've got to look after each others interest as they need each other to thrive

Nature of the beast is it not? Hardly just a Scottish football or old firm issue unfortunately.
 

I have every sympathy with St Johnstone fans here. The idea they are to blame for this is ridiculous and shouldn’t need to be explained why. 

Football associations and UEFA lost any grip on maintaining a game that resembles a sport a long time ago and it won’t be long before the “proper fans” are left behind, if that’s not happened already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just don't blame Rangers and celtic for other fan bases.  I remember going to a Scottish Cup tie in Perth when Ally McCoist played for saints.  3-3 I think it was with Ian Redford scoring late on.  Place was packed.  Rangers won the replay.  Yes, it is sad but the directors need the money for the club.  The old firm will sell out the tickets.  Just a business fact.  Or would you rather have a half empty stadium.  Take the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints won’t even fill that one stand. The club are capitalising while they can. They might very well need that cash next season when they are playing Arbroath.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...