fat allys love for the barmy army - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

fat allys love for the barmy army

thesaint

Guest ElChris04
On 1/6/2020 at 3:20 PM, McTeeko said:

We were due to play Belarus in ‘97 at Pittodrie in a qualifier on the Saturday. Those three mentioned above refused to play on the day of her funeral 😏

We played them on the Sunday instead. Beat them 4-1. 

Never knew this!but fuck me ahaha, that’s absolutely riddy to the core, Have to laugh at the absolute shite arse licking act. 

He lives in the same village as me and drinks in a local pub. Saw him last Friday night holding court and surrounded by the usual hangers on. I had a huge crush on him when I was younger but he now just looks like any old fat guy.  

My husband and I were in that pub a few weeks ago watching the Cyprus / Scotland game on  a Saturday afternoon. The pub was dead , apart from 3 or 4 of Allys pals. Despite seeing that we were there to watch the game they were talking in their loudest voices about how shite Scotland were, how international football was crap and we are a laughing stock. Then the barmaid joined in.
They are just a group of fannies who like the sound of their own voices but its hardly surprising they feel like that when their mate and former scottish international legend prefers the England cricket team to his own country's football team. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

He lives in the same village as me and drinks in a local pub. Saw him last Friday night holding court and surrounded by the usual hangers on. I had a huge crush on him when I was younger but he now just looks like any old fat guy.  

My husband and I were in that pub a few weeks ago watching the Cyprus / Scotland game on  a Saturday afternoon. The pub was dead , apart from 3 or 4 of Allys pals. Despite seeing that we were there to watch the game they were talking in their loudest voices about how shite Scotland were, how international football was crap and we are a laughing stock. Then the barmaid joined in.
They are just a group of fannies who like the sound of their own voices but its hardly surprising they feel like that when their mate and former scottish international legend prefers the England cricket team to his own country's football team. 

Those slagging international fitba will be all over it when or if scotland qualify again. 

On 7 January 2020 at 2:51 PM, Bino's said:

Even then many wanted the fixture stopped entirely that weekend

Think England did with theirs

A year before after Dunblane not a single fixture was scrapped

Inexplicable

For me that was the beginnings of the snowflake mantra in this country

England didn't have a game scheduled for the Saturday so they didn't have a problem.

Jim Farry, went to FIFA to try and get the game postponed because he knew there would be a huge furore if it went ahead.  He was told by Blatter that they had to go ahead or they would forfeit the match.  When the shit hit the inevitable fan, and the media started contacting FIFA for a comment, Blatter did a complete 180 and claimed it was nothing to do with and blamed it all on Farry.   

I was told that at the time by a very, very good source.

It's worth pointing out that this was also the same campaign as the 3-second game in Tallinn.  It did seem at that time we were getting royally shafted at every turn then.  

On 1/6/2020 at 3:26 PM, dan cake said:

That entire article is toe-curlingly awful in so many fucking ways. Sickening tone of forelock tugging throughout. God almighty. 

Utterly dreadful. What a bunch of absolute crawlers. Belarus should have told us to get tae. 

Horrific.