Footballers Who Have Aged Well - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Footballers Who Have Aged Well

Might not be a looker but in my view Adam has made the most of his limited talents. When he left Rangers in a loan deal to Blackpool I thought that was the end of him. Incredibly he joins Liverpool in a £7m deal, and thereafter Stoke City in a £4m deal and is probably on a good whack at Reading. He has natural skill but his level of fitness was always questionable.  I liked him as a player and he was unfairly singled out by the boo boys at Rangers.  

On 1/4/2020 at 7:05 AM, EddardStark said:

Might not be a looker but in my view Adam has made the most of his limited talents. When he left Rangers in a loan deal to Blackpool I thought that was the end of him. Incredibly he joins Liverpool in a £7m deal, and thereafter Stoke City in a £4m deal and is probably on a good whack at Reading. He has natural skill but his level of fitness was always questionable.  I liked him as a player and he was unfairly singled out by the boo boys at Rangers.  

He’s a sound lad Charlie, you’ll struggle to find anyone back in Dundee that will say otherwise ( for a Dee of course )

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:05 AM, EddardStark said:

He got a bit tarnished at Stoke along with the rest when we were so shit that we've been barely able to turn it around after 4+ years sliding.  He got more shit than most because when he wasn't playing he seemed to pile the beef on.  For the first few seasons though he was ace to watch - could be completely crap all game then open a can of beans with his left peg or; be completely brilliant all game then double foot someone 70 yards from our goal and get sent off.  His left foot was an absolute wand though.