Old Firm Game - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I don't know if Morelos was racially abused, he quite possibly was, I wouldn't be overly surprised. However, to conflate his 'treatment' down to racism as Rangers & their fans have been doing is just ludicrous. He has been treated very leniently by officials, he really should have been sent off far more than he has, he is disliked by fans of other teams because he is a diver, a cheat, looks like he is chewing bees and a thoroughly unpleasant bastard.

At the Dundee Derby, a Utd fan shouted fucking black bastard at Kane Hemmings. The point scoring by some Dundee fans is pathetic over this IMO, there were 14'500 fans at the game, and one bell end did what comes naturally to him, the other 99.99% of Utd fans would be embarrassed by this.

Sadly these small minded idiot minority have been empowered over the last few years, but FFS people in glass houses shouldnt throw boulders. Intolerance comes in many more forms than racism, which Scotland doesn't have a real issue with, theres an issue that we, well certain clubs and areas of Scotland do have, lets focus on cleaning up a problem the size of the Atlantic before we solely focus on Loch Ard.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

At the Dundee Derby, a Utd fan shouted fucking black bastard at Kane Hemmings. The point scoring by some Dundee fans is pathetic over this IMO, there were 14'500 fans at the game, and one bell end did what comes naturally to him, the other 99.99% of Utd fans would be embarrassed by this.

Yep. Plenty of that on here as well. It’s just another way to get one over rival teams. 

Why non racist fans spend to much time and energy discussing the actions of a small minority doesn’t make sense to me. 

36 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Yep. Plenty of that on here as well. It’s just another way to get one over rival teams. 

Why non racist fans spend to much time and energy discussing the actions of a small minority doesn’t make sense to me. 

Why non Old Firm fans would come on to a post about the Old Firm doesn't make sense to me either.  But it is what it is.  Scotland and Glenlivet Forever.

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why non Old Firm fans would come on to a post about the Old Firm doesn't make sense to me either.  But it is what it is.  Scotland and Glenlivet Forever.

Using that same logic why would you post in a Celtic thread?

Guess logic and rolling hills isn’t to be expected.

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Using that same logic why would you post in a Celtic thread?

Guess logic and rolling hills isn’t to be expected.

Good point.  But your point about non racist fans is also invalid.  If we don't stop commenting on them then the day is gone.  We all have a responsibility to keep calling them out.  Just reading up on Burns for a couple of things I have to do.  A man's a man.

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Expect it almost inevitably just turns into non racists point scoring over who’s fans are the most racist. 

Not from me you don't.  Rangers and Celtic have the biggest support by far in this country so by statistics will also have the biggest areholes/racists/bigots etc.  But all clubs have these fannies following them.  It's all about education.  This country needs to grow up.  I work in education and run a boys football team (Scottish Shield next Friday).  No place for racism or bigotry in our future.  Right, away for a couple of games of pool.  The devil makes work for idle hands.

49 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Has anyone been arrested yet for the alleged racist abuse?

Nope and no one will be. Just like the recent nonsense about the alleged reduced HMRC bill, it will quickly fade away when it becomes clear that Rangers fans are whipping themselves up into a frenzy over nothing. 

27 minutes ago, Mox said:

Nope and no one will be. Just like the recent nonsense about the alleged reduced HMRC bill, it will quickly fade away when it becomes clear that Rangers fans are whipping themselves up into a frenzy over nothing. 

Racism is nothing.  There we go folks 

41 minutes ago, Debian said:

Racism is nothing.  There we go folks 

IF there was racism in those 2 poor quality videos; which is highly debatable, there is absolutely zero chance of identifying the culprits from that.

That doesn’t equate to racism being ok, or not being an issue.

Does the Rangers fans current crusade only extend to (alleged) racism against Alfredo Morelos, or is it racism, bigotry, sectarianism of all sorts?

#everyoneanyone

😂

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Did anyone get done for racism against Shay Logan, same venue & same fans.

37 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Did anyone get done for racism against Shay Logan, same venue & same fans.

He was racially abused by some backward oddball who played for us for a few months, not the fans. I have been consistent in being embarrassed by the booing of Logan, it's utterly mad.

28 minutes ago, Mox said:

He was racially abused by some backward oddball who played for us for a few months, not the fans. I have been consistent in being embarrassed by the booing of Logan, it's utterly mad.

That backward oddball was backed & defended by both the club & supporters until he left, Logan still gets all kinds of abuse from Celtic fans.

Let's get one thing straight, if Morelos was abused, it wasn't because of his colour. He would have been abused because he is a fucking arsehole. It doesn't make it right, far from it, but to portray him as some kinda innocent victim is plain wrong. He behaves like a cunt so he gets treated like one. 

12 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Let's get one thing straight, if Morelos was abused, it wasn't because of his colour. He would have been abused because he is a fucking arsehole. It doesn't make it right, far from it, but to portray him as some kinda innocent victim is plain wrong. He behaves like a cunt so he gets treated like one. 

Throwing in racial epithets was just an afterthought then.

I think Neil Lennon is a narky little shite.  I thought he was a narky little shite when he was a Leicester and I didn't have a clue what religion he was.  He used to get abuse in England purely because he was a narky little shite.   I've no doubt though that the primary reason Lennon gets abuse in Scotland is because he's a Irish Catholic and who he plays for.  Scott Brown who is also a narky shite doesn't get anywhere near the abuse that Lennon got.    

Similarly Morelos gets abuse because he's black, he's a narky shite and who he plays for.   Steven Naismith was also a narky shite - on the field, not off it - and got nowhere near the abuse Morelos gets.

it doesn't take a genius to work out the reasons why.  

21 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think Neil Lennon is a narky little shite.  I thought he was a narky little shite when he was a Leicester and I didn't have a clue what religion he was.  He used to get abuse in England purely because he was a narky little shite.   I've no doubt though that the primary reason Lennon gets abuse in Scotland is because he's a Irish Catholic and who he plays for.  Scott Brown who is also a narky shite doesn't get anywhere near the abuse that Lennon got.    

Similarly Morelos gets abuse because he's black, he's a narky shite and who he plays for.   Steven Naismith was also a narky shite - on the field, not off it - and got nowhere near the abuse Morelos gets.

Why isn't Kamara subjected to it? Or Goldson? Morelos is abused purely because he behaves like an utter cunt. All his gesturing to opposition fans, his general demeanor, those are why he is singled out and no other reason. 

The man is a piece of shit, pure and simple. To suggest he gets abuse purely down to his colour is complete nonsense. 

Edited by Farcity

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I loathed that wee cunt Lennon and I there wasn’t a bigger Catholic family than mine. If my Gran had her way She’d have turned me into a priest. The years as an altar boy were enough for me. 
I took a lot of shit growing up for not being a Proddy. Getting home in one piece from school was a regular battle. Both Primary and Secondary schools. Perth has(or at least used to) a huge moronic Hun element. A fair few orange walks I’d watch going through Perth as a boy. So I know what it’s like to be on the end of religious shite at times from a vast majority of Proddies in Scotland. I do not believe Lennon was hated solely because he was a Tim.
Lennon was/is a far more annoying cunt than Brown. 

Edited by WCTA

7 hours ago, Farcity said:

Why isn't Kamara subjected to it? Or Goldson? Morelos is abused purely because he behaves like an utter cunt. All his gesturing to opposition fans, his general demeanor, those are why he is singled out and no other reason. 

The man is a piece of shit, pure and simple. To suggest he gets abuse purely down to his colour is complete nonsense. 

6 hours ago, WCTA said:

I loathed that wee cunt Lennon and I there wasn’t a bigger Catholic family than mine. If my Gran had her way She’d have turned me into a priest. The years as an altar boy were enough for me. 
I took a lot of shit growing up for not being a Proddy. Getting home in one piece from school was a regular battle. Both Primary and Secondary schools. Perth has(or at least used to) a huge moronic Hun element. A fair few orange walks I’d watch going through Perth as a boy. So I know what it’s like to be on the end of religious shite at times from a vast majority of Proddies in Scotland. I do not believe Lennon was hated solely because he was a Tim.
Lennon was/is a far more annoying cunt than Brown. 

The reason why Lennon got so much grief - IMHO - is because he was a narky shite on the field and  he played up to it, reacted, encouraged it even.  Now don't take that as me suggesting the he deserved it, or brought it on himself or somehow the abuse - at least the sectarian element - was justified. He was also a very successful player in Scotland.

However for a certain section of opposition support - primarily Rangers but not solely them - they can't handle it because one of "them" - in this case an Irish Catholic -  is seen to be getting it up them and they should know their place.

its the same with Morelos only its because of his colour.

Other black players don't get the same level of abuse primarily because they don't conduct them selves on the park in the same way.  However other players who do conduct themselves in the same way but are white and Scottish also don't get the same level of abuse.

On 12/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, slasher said:

Loose cannon and failing constantly in the biggest domestic game of the season 🤣

3 points more important than all that. Your bhoys were fouling all game too, but got away with it. But I do appreciate the frustration when you’re not as good as you used to be.