Old Firm Game - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just read it all back, some of my spelling was atrocious, you’d be mistaken for thinking I’d been using my rolling hills log in. 

Ramy, I wasn’t insulting your family, just you. If you thought otherwise, I’ll apologise for that. 

I also didn’t bring them into a conversation. 

Anyway, I’m away to buy some batteries and lemon Fanta to I can trash another bottle of gin. 

Phone yi later @WCTA 🤣🤣

Edited by dandydunn

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

I can perhaps hear it in the first video.... perhaps. But in the second? Absolutely not. 

Genuine question, what came first the imbecile shouting or the cut throat fae Morelos, nae justification for either to react the way they did & both should be hammered, the fan banned fae every stadium for years & Morelos for numerous games due to his past record as well as the potential of starting a riot on Sunday.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Genuine question, what came first the imbecile shouting or the cut throat fae Morelos, nae justification for either to react the way they did & both should be hammered, the fan banned fae every stadium for years & Morelos for numerous games due to his past record as well as the potential of starting a riot on Sunday.

Get a life and stop worrying about these things kid.  Genuine answer.  If we all fret about football decisions then we have a problem.  Go out and enjoy your night.  Football is a game of opinions.  Not about getting knickers in a twist about every decision.  BTW I started this thread simply about an old firm game and it has attracted the finest of men!  Happy new year when it comes pal.

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Even if it is the gesture, what cunt responds in a racist manner.   

Is a racist an atypical Celtic fan?

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Racist. 

That top pic just popped up today on FB today on a Cubs thing I read. The guy in the pic isn’t actually well known so as soon as the face popped up I just saw Morelos before the Cubs jersey. Uncanny likeness! 😃

36 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

What’s this story about Morelos booting Christie in the baws so hard after the game that he needed emergency surgery?

Apparently it’s seen as a sign of respect back home in Columbia so it should be ok here 😜

36 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

What’s this story about Morelos booting Christie in the baws so hard after the game that he needed emergency surgery?

There was a nonsense rumour started that Morelos and Christie had a scrap at fulltime in the tunnel and Morelos booted him in the baws. Truth is Christie has a burst blood vessel in his baw and left the stadium right after he was subbed.

If their was any truth in it, Morelos wouldn't have been allowed to leave the country. He is currently doing his charity stuff in Colombia atm.

14 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

If their was any truth in it, Morelos wouldn't have been allowed to leave the country. He is currently doing his charity stuff in Colombia atm.

We’d all struggle to have missed that news. 😂

19 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He's a cunt, that's why fans hate him. His colour is irrelevant, although if some prick has racially abused him they deserve to be drop kicked out of Parkhead and banned for life. 

Huns pointing fingers over racism is the ultimate irony however. They appear to be taking a Trump approach to these matters. Embarrassing stuff. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

He's a cunt, that's why fans hate him. His colour is irrelevant, although if some prick has racially abused him they deserve to be drop kicked out of Parkhead and banned for life. 

Huns pointing fingers over racism is the ultimate irony however. They appear to be taking a Trump approach to these matters. Embarrassing stuff. 

Cosgrove, Christie, Dykes, brown are all nasty players and Christie is quite the diver. None of them even remotely get the hate he does. I bet you probably think the hate sterling gets is justified and has nothing to do with race. 

Banned good one. Internal investigation with absolutely no outcome more like. Tavernier and Kamara were both racially abused in march nothing happened (check the fare report)

Yes perhaps we should defend it like Celtic.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

45 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Cosgrove, Christie, Dykes, brown are all nasty players and Christie is quite the diver. None of them even remotely get the hate he does. I bet you probably think the hate sterling gets is justified and has nothing to do with race. 

Banned good one. Internal investigation with absolutely no outcome more like. Tavernier and Kamara were both racially abused in march nothing happened (check the fare report)

Yes perhaps we should defend it like Celtic.

:spin: Right ye are Donald!

Raheem Sterling? I don't really pay attention to English football so I genuinely don't know what you're on about? 

It's interesting that huns are now referring to fare reports on racism. It's not that long ago they were trying to discredit them as Fenians with an agenda. 

Of the players you mention only Scott Brown has the sort of profile comparable and he gets plenty of stick. The difference is for the most part he doesn't react. Just out of interest, how would you characterise the abuse Neil Lennon or even Scott Sinclair have endured? 

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

:spin: Right ye are Donald!

Raheem Sterling? I don't really pay attention to English football so I genuinely don't know what you're on about? 

It's interesting that huns are now referring to fare reports on racism. It's not that long ago they were trying to discredit them as Fenians with an agenda. 

Of the players you mention only Scott Brown has the sort of profile comparable and he gets plenty of stick. The difference is for the most part he doesn't react. Just out of interest, how would you characterise the abuse Neil Lennon or even Scott Sinclair have endured? 

Funny 🙄

Scott brown gets nowhere near the abuse Morelos gets and the horrible thing that a rangers fan shouted to Brown about his sister was banned. 

The abuse they got/get was terrible, Lennon like Morelos brings it on himself a bit but there is a clear undercurrent to it, even when religion is taken out of it with Lennon. The guy that abused Scott Sinclair was banned.

What do you think of the racism and abuse of Shay Logan by chance? I seem to remember some "staunch" defending by Celtic fans.

I can see where this going and I actually can't be arsed playing a game of whataboutery/titfortat with you. So I'll leave it at both sets of supporters have some absolute roasters, racists and bigots. Both sets of fans are full of hypocrites, who only see the bad in the opposition and the good in their own and will use mental gymnastics to say you can't have a point because you support X and they've done this. There's stuff in my own support I can't stand or defend and won't (like some of the Lennon stuff), I hope you have a similar point of view.

10 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Funny 🙄

I know, I'm fuckin hilarious 👍

Scott brown gets nowhere near the abuse Morelos gets and the horrible thing that a rangers fan shouted to Brown about his sister was banned. 

Not sure I agree there at all. 

The abuse they got/get was terrible, Lennon like Morelos brings it on himself a bit but there is a clear undercurrent to it, even when religion is taken out of it with Lennon. The guy that abused Scott Sinclair was banned.

I agree although not with the part they bring it on themselves. If there is an undercurrent I'm not sure you can conflate those two? 

What do you think of the racism and abuse of Shay Logan by chance? I seem to remember some "staunch" defending by Celtic fans.

My stance on that incident is documented on here. Tonev was guilty and the club should have sent him back to Villa. The Celtic fans I know who had an issue was with the process ie 'balance of probabilities'. It'll be interesting to see if that's ever used again. 🤔

I can see where this going and I actually can't be arsed playing a game of whataboutery/titfortat with you. So I'll leave it at both sets of supporters have some absolute roasters, racists and bigots. Both sets of fans are full of hypocrites, who only see the bad in the opposition and the good in their own and will use mental gymnastics to say you can't have a point because you support X and they've done this. There's stuff in my own support I can't stand or defend and won't (like some of the Lennon stuff), I hope you have a similar point of view.

Whataboutery isn't helpful and if you had come at things in the spirit of your last paragraph I probably wouldn't have replied 👍

I like Bill Leckie.  He has a good piece in the Sun today about bigotry and the Old Firm.  But he is pishing against the wind I am afraid.  It is not just the Old Firm though.  Hearts fans can be just as bad.  I am sure Airdrie were the same.  Don't know why I am rambling on here.  Just a bit sad.  Anyway, not be long till Burns night.  Mare whisky.  Have a good year lads and lassies.

11 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Funny 🙄

State of this. My dad is bigger that you dad.