Old Firm Game - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Up to the split we have 11 home games and 8 away games. This is going to be crucial in my opinion. Difficult one in terms of where we need to strengthen the squad abut there will be a few players moving out so this might free up a loan signing.. Maybe cover up front. 

We've already played 19 games, there are 14 more before the split? Not 19.

I'm sure I read it's 8 at home and 6 away?  

Herrera is back...

12 minutes ago, Debian said:

Colin, I get it mate and what you're saying is true - against the "smaller" teams both us and Celtic get the benefit.

However, it's not corruption it's just absolute horse shit refereeing.  

Today's decisions were atrocious apart from the Penalty and Morelos sending off. 

VAR as shit as it is would mean there is less hiding place, wouldn't it?

I do agree with the last part Gaz. 

9 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Up to the split we have 11 home games and 8 away games. This is going to be crucial in my opinion. Difficult one in terms of where we need to strengthen the squad abut there will be a few players moving out so this might free up a loan signing.. Maybe cover up front. 

We only have 5 away games up to the split and 9 home games in the league

15 minutes ago, Debian said:

Colin, I get it mate and what you're saying is true - against the "smaller" teams both us and Celtic get the benefit.

Today's decisions were atrocious apart from the Penalty and Morelos sending off. 

A good example of the poor refereeing today is Bolingoli.   Midway through the second half he pulls - I think - Tavernier back by grabbing a hold of his arm when he's got past him.  A booking every day of the week and the ref shows the yellow card.  Around 85 minutes, he does the same to Morelos, ref gives the foul to Rangers but doesn't even speak to Bolingoli.   Look at both incidents and tell me why one is a booking and the other isn't.  

Compare that to the red card for Morelos - which I've no complaints about as he got that one right.  However, that's a really easy red card to give as it was deep into injury time and Morelos is being a dick.  Sending off Bolingoli with five minutes to go and Celtic pressing for the equaliser is a completely different matter and he completely bottled it.   I don't think it's bias or anything like that, just a weak and incompetent referee.   

2 hours ago, Debian said:

No. Pay attention to what is happening down south. VAR gives more opportunity for unconscious bias to influence decision making and benefit bigger teams.  

Given 9/10 referees support rangers VAR can only end badly up here. 

7 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

No. Pay attention to what is happening down south. VAR gives more opportunity for unconscious bias to influence decision making and benefit bigger teams.  

Given 9/10 referees support rangers VAR can only end badly up here. 

Which 9/10 referees?

The last two old firm games has seen spectacular decisions go against us.

Var sees Julian get a pen and Aribo one too. Var sees Edouard hand ball today. 

I'm all for var knowing it means that it makes it a fairer playing field. Regardlessof the ridiculousness of VAR it is getting things right.  Inches offside is still offside. Etc 

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Rangers were better, but will say. The rangers club is a fuckin disgrace. Morales with cut throat gesture, Gerrard giving it, the cunt squaring up to John Kennedy. I can accept defeat, but this that is an embarrassment to football, let alone Scotland. 

Like a 6ft 4” man going down like he had a cannonball shot at him?

Or an entire team running over to the away support to do a huddle when they win at Livingston. 

Or a captain being the big shot and shitting himself when someone bigger squares up to him.  

Behave yourself, the only embarrassment here is you seeing things through hooped glasses. 

It’s a joke man, give it up. 

17 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Tough decision to make today.

Between 2 pairs of Sambas, Sabola or Trimm Trab. 

Any help?????

1 decision is already made.......Nae mare gin, I’m fucking hanging. 

If you’re interested, I went with Sabola. 

Just got kicked up from the toon after mistakenly messaging the whole family conversation on messenger instead of the oldest one. 

Rhey got chicken pakora, so that softeners the blow. 

Abody asa to bed now, Marillion playing and the volume has been told to turn down. 

Twive

Ir hasn’t heg

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

If you’re interested, I went with Sabola. 

Just got kicked up from the toon after mistakenly messaging the whole family conversation on messenger instead of the oldest one. 

Rhey got chicken pakora, so that softeners the blow. 

Abody asa to bed now, Marillion playing and the volume has been told to turn down. 

Twive

Ir hasn’t heg

Wis Pistonbroke Ed oot wae ye the night? 😂

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I was actually. I watched the match down my CSC. I am now taking me son to his hockey tournament. It's called being a responsible parent...

I assume you’re dropping him off with his mum then, as you’ve shown yourself up to be classless again. 

9 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Rangers ( or more to the point Gerrard) totally out thought and out fought Celtic who are going nowhere under Lennon. Totally deserved win. What the fuck was Kents gunshot to the head celebration all about and Morales cut throat gesture. 😂🙈 Rangers under Gerrard have a really good chance of winning the league, why the fuck would their players behave like utter cunts and risk blowing their chance ? 😂 Don’t understand it all. They really dont help themselves 🤷‍♂️

Because they know there’s a 99% chance they won’t be punished for it as “old firm” rules don’t apply the same as  “normal games”

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

How is Rangers fans singing Simply The Best any different from the countless clubs that sing their team is “by far the greatest team the world has ever seen”?

Possibly the fact that no other club feels the need to sing “fuck the pope and the ira”?

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Yees would think Sevco just won the fuckin Champions League. I have mates on FB who haven't posted in years going pure mental with this result today. Fuck me man. Why? Why? Why?.....

Probably the same reason as you feel the need to go “yaaaaaaaaasssssss” when Celtic win against Hamilton. It annoys pricks like you, so it’ll be worthwhile to them. 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

A good example of the poor refereeing today is Bolingoli.   Midway through the second half he pulls - I think - Tavernier back by grabbing a hold of his arm when he's got past him.  A booking every day of the week and the ref shows the yellow card.  Around 85 minutes, he does the same to Morelos, ref gives the foul to Rangers but doesn't even speak to Bolingoli.   Look at both incidents and tell me why one is a booking and the other isn't.  

Compare that to the red card for Morelos - which I've no complaints about as he got that one right.  However, that's a really easy red card to give as it was deep into injury time and Morelos is being a dick.  Sending off Bolingoli with five minutes to go and Celtic pressing for the equaliser is a completely different matter and he completely bottled it.   I don't think it's bias or anything like that, just a weak and incompetent referee.   

Ex Referees have said for years that these games are judged differently as they can’t book someone after 5 minutes for a lunge, as it’s a big derby. 

This is where the corruption and cheating affects every other team in Scotland, don’t expect it to change as the big wigs have why they want now, something to sell to sky sports and not give 2 fucks about the other 10 teams. 

26 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Wis Pistonbroke Ed oot wae ye the night? 😂

Nah, I only associate with nice people, he turned out to be a cunt, but I won’t say anymore as the victim in that particular thread has been a horrible cunt this last few weeks too.