Inventions - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

With a new year almost upon us I am desperately trying to think of a get rich quick scheme in time for my retirement. 

For a while now I have never understood why sunbeds at the beach dont come with a hole in them so you can lie on your front without having to turn your neck, just like a massage table. My neck kills me after lying on my front. It would be so much more comfortable with a hole in the bed.  Plus you could read a book or tablet through the hole.

I have been thinking of how to go about building one, if anyone has building experience please PM me. 

Another invention would be running golf. Golf bores me to death but it could be made much more entertaining if all the golfers tee’d off at the same time and then chased their ball round the course. They would still be trying to get the ball in each hole but it would be a much faster game . Plus it would a lot healthier as you would need to be fitter. 

How does everyone feel about my inventions and does anyone else have an invention of their own? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

With a new year almost upon us I am desperately trying to think of a get rich quick scheme in time for my retirement. 

For a while now I have never understood why sunbeds at the beach dont come with a hole in them so you can lie on your front without having to turn your neck, just like a massage table. My neck kills me after lying on my front. It would be so much more comfortable with a hole in the bed.  Plus you could read a book or tablet through the hole.

I have been thinking of how to go about building one, if anyone has building experience please PM me. 

Another invention would be running golf. Golf bores me to death but it could be made much more entertaining if all the golfers tee’d off at the same time and then chased their ball round the course. They would still be trying to get the ball in each hole but it would be a much faster game . Plus it would a lot healthier as you would need to be fitter. 

How does everyone feel about my inventions and does anyone else have an invention of their own? 

How to improve golf:

1. Forget the big, rambling courses...just a self-contained rectangle...say about 125 x 75 yards.
  2. Split the course into 2 halves & rename it a pitch.
  3. Put a rectangular set of posts with a net at each end.
  4. Make the ball bigger & not as hard.
  5. Get more people involved...say 22 each game.
  6. Call it football.

Happy to help.

17 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

How to improve golf:

1. Forget the big, rambling courses...just a self-contained rectangle...say about 125 x 75 yards.
  2. Split the course into 2 halves & rename it a pitch.
  3. Put a rectangular set of posts with a net at each end.
  4. Make the ball bigger & not as hard.
  5. Get more people involved...say 22 each game.
  6. Call it football.

Happy to help.

😁👍

On 12/27/2019 at 2:31 PM, TDYER63 said:

For golf, allow knocking opponent's ball out the way, like bowls/boules, and/or allow potting the balls. Different coloured balls, different points... 

10 minutes ago, exile said:

For golf, allow knocking opponent's ball out the way, like bowls/boules, and/or allow potting the balls. Different coloured balls, different points... 

That was like when Steve Davis took a lassie hame one night. She asked him tae lay her oot and do her on a snooker table. As she lay naked on the table she wondered what he was doing as he just stood there staring at her naked for ages. He explains to her that he can’t make his mind up whether to pot the pink or the brown. 

One thing anyone with an idea needs to watch out for is that the company you work for aren't able to claim it.  Check your company handbook.  You could invent an invisibility cloak and find that the idea belongs to them and not you.

We had a patents guy where I worked in the electronics industry and the first thing he'd ask you was, "Are we having this conversation off the record?"

5 hours ago, exile said:

Excellent contribution Exile . This sport is becoming more appealing by the minute. The game does not currently live up to the outlandish  clothing some golfers wear, these rules would make it far more interesting.