Cormack Comments - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cormack Comments

22 hours ago, Farcity said:

The main difference there is that Lawell has his  bumchums in the Record and the Sun who do all his mouthing for him, to pretend this isn't the case is just plain silly. Your lot and the Huns are exactly the same thing. 

This 100%

A great example being the week of coverage Ryan Bowman got for a challenge on Rangers Fabio Cardoso in the cup semi, including Brendan Rodgers; who didn’t talk about other teams or their players, wading in.

We then went on to get shafted by refs against Celtic twice in a week.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, dandydunn said:

Lennon greeting about it and saying he should be brought to take over it, despite them doing it for years. Several Celtic fans on twitter seem to agree with Cormack and say their fed up seeing Ajer play acting as he’s good enough to be better than that. 

Notice Lennon and the media kept quiet on the Griffiths stamp. Wonder why that is?

And now Celtic release a statement asking for fairness and consistency...................

Someone / something i read put me right on this quite recently; i was always of the opinion ( and the practice ) of that 100% of the ball is perfectly legal

i cant recite the rule tho but had seen was not the case ; and beenthat way for a while

i recall an 80s game where spurs played on touchline was tackled by wimbledon player ; pretty sure was all ball contact but intent and force behind it was penalised

jones / mabbutt is in my mind ; but not sure if those for sure

not saying was same as Sams tackle tho

27 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Someone / something i read put me right on this quite recently; i was always of the opinion ( and the practice ) of that 100% of the ball is perfectly legal

i cant recite the rule tho but had seen was not the case ; and beenthat way for a while

i recall an 80s game where spurs played on touchline was tackled by wimbledon player ; pretty sure was all ball contact but intent and force behind it was penalised

jones / mabbutt is in my mind ; but not sure if those for sure

not saying was same as Sams tackle tho

Law 12- Fouls and Misconduct

Under this law, touching the ball is irrelevant. It isn't even mentioned in the law. Except if it is a handball incident. Touching all, or any, of the ball should have no bearing on whether the ref decides if a tackle is careless, reckless, or using excessive force.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Law 12- Fouls and Misconduct

Under this law, touching the ball is irrelevant. It isn't even mentioned in the law. Except if it is a handball incident. Touching all, or any, of the ball should have no bearing on whether the ref decides if a tackle is careless, reckless, or using excessive force.

Thanks , thats the one