The Trans stuff - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Trans stuff

15 hours ago, aaid said:

Scottish Twitter amusing tonight.

A load of people, mainly associated with a certain party, have been losing their shit royally about the SNP talking about Just Transition at conference.

This is of course about transitioning to Net Zero and not about “mutilating children”.

In a great display of cognitive dissonance, they’ve convinced themselves that the SNP have deliberately made up the phrase just to confuse them.  That’s despite Just Transition being a concept that’s been around in this context for years and is used all around the world.

And they’re also the ones that claim that the SNP are obsessed with GRA  

I follow a few Alba folk on twitter.  Some of them do seem to be losing the plot with their knee jerk criticism of the FM.  I disagree with her GRA stance & I am a bit concerned about her complete lack of drive regarding indy (we'll see how today's commitment pans out), but the stuff coming from Alba is getting ridiculous. I mean for example she did a vogue interview - so what?  Attack her for the right reasons and let the trivial stuff go.

9 hours ago, daviebee said:

What kind of a fkin idiot would you have to be to imagine that this was a good idea? Need their heids looked at.

Probably the same kind of fucking idiot that allowed this to happen...

Rape victim is forced to quit her therapy sessions because she feels threatened by a 6ft trans woman in men's clothes who - a woke charity insists - has as much right to be there as she does

What kind of utter prick goes along to a rape therapy session and sits there in amongst a bunch of women who have been raped. Selfish, self absorbed cunts of the worst kind. 

I read a little while back that there were a dozen men now in women's prisons in Scotland and many are sex offenders as well. It is beyond insanity, beyond stupidity...

edit: A dozen trans inmates sentenced for violent and sexual crimes have been serving time in women’s jails in Scotland, according to official data. One has completed gender transition, and the rest merely identify as female.

Edited by thplinth

I'll also just toss in deliberately misplaying the BREXIT golden opportunity at every turn while instead at the exact same time attempting to stitch-up your former mentor and SNP FM using your cabal of man hating 'feminists'. Hmmm starting to see a pattern here...

Assassinating the character of an icon of 2014 and the wider independence movement, without a care in the world as to the huge collateral damage to the Independence movement and all to protect your 'position' and stop 'him' coming back into mainline politics and actually taking advantage of BREXIT to get us indyref2.

Nicola is great, isn't she. 😀 

Great thread, thanks for the bump.

And of course jailing the journalist who dared hint at the truth of what was really going on with the stitch-up of Alex Salmond.

Craig Murray - who is being released from prison today after 4 months.

Another utterly shameful event under this government. Jailed by the same judge who excluded all the evidence from the jury in Salmond trial of a conspiracy at the highest levels in the SNP and SNPG to stitch-up Salmond. No jury in Murray's trial just her say so... 

Craig Murray’s imprisonment is an exceptionally harsh punishment for a principled man who could have taken a much easier route

What a record of achievement so far... 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Probably the same kind of fucking idiot that allowed this to happen...

Rape victim is forced to quit her therapy sessions because she feels threatened by a 6ft trans woman in men's clothes who - a woke charity insists - has as much right to be there as she does

What kind of utter prick goes along to a rape therapy session and sits there in amongst a bunch of women who have been raped. Selfish, self absorbed cunts of the worst kind. 

I read a little while back that there were a dozen men now in women's prisons in Scotland and many are sex offenders as well. It is beyond insanity, beyond stupidity...

edit: A dozen trans inmates sentenced for violent and sexual crimes have been serving time in women’s jails in Scotland, according to official data. One has completed gender transition, and the rest merely identify as female.

The female prison service isn't designed to cope either - majority of female prisoners are in on common assault / theft / drug offences and on shorter sentences to men.  There's 80,000 folk in UK prisons roughly with 18% of the population on sexual offences.  Of that only 2% of sexual crimes are committed by females then of that only 10% of the UK population is Scottish.  Add the above 12 in and wouldn't be surprised if that's nearly doubling the population in female jail for sex offences.  

Wonder if this one will get added to the 2%:

"A woman accused of indecent exposure, masturbating in public and using a sex toy in a public place, will stand trial early next year.

Chloe Thompson, of Borough Road, Middlesbrough, appeared at Teesside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after denying the offences.

She is charged with committing a public nuisance by indecently exposing her penis to other members of the public, whilst masturbating from a property window."

Teesside woman accused of exposing penis, using sex toy and masturbating in public - Teesside Live (gazettelive.co.uk)

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

i am starting to worry that boris actually gives us a referendum as the yes camp have been hugely weakened by sturgeons shenanigan's,, it will be a slaughter

I think if a referendum actually happened, the indy movement would work together.  Currently there is a vacuum and people are fed up waiting.  Once there is a target, people will work towards it.  I do agree that this ridiculous GRA stuff is not helping, even though most other parties also support it.

Regarding the gender neutral toilets: toilets are designed based on sex, not gender.  That's why men's toilets have urinals and women's toilets don't.  There is a deliberate attempt to conflate sex and gender.  I filled in a form online recently, a pre-med form for an operation, and it asked "what sex were you assigned at birth?".  Assigned?  Classic woke shite linked to the gender change theory.  Why is this ridiculous nonsense being allowed to pervade everything?

55 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The female prison service isn't designed to cope either - majority of female prisoners are in on common assault / theft / drug offences and on shorter sentences to men.  There's 80,000 folk in UK prisons roughly with 18% of the population on sexual offences.  Of that only 2% of sexual crimes are committed by females then of that only 10% of the UK population is Scottish.  Add the above 12 in and wouldn't be surprised if that's nearly doubling the population in female jail for sex offences.  

Wonder if this one will get added to the 2%:

"A woman accused of indecent exposure, masturbating in public and using a sex toy in a public place, will stand trial early next year.

Chloe Thompson, of Borough Road, Middlesbrough, appeared at Teesside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after denying the offences.

She is charged with committing a public nuisance by indecently exposing her penis to other members of the public, whilst masturbating from a property window."

Teesside woman accused of exposing penis, using sex toy and masturbating in public - Teesside Live (gazettelive.co.uk)

I was expecting that to be a link to the Daily Mash. The world has gone mental. 

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

I filled in a form online recently, a pre-med form for an operation, and it asked "what sex were you assigned at birth?".  Assigned?  Classic woke shite linked to the gender change theory.  Why is this ridiculous nonsense being allowed to pervade everything?

There's some real serious issues with GRA particularly where conflicting rights come into play such as in sport, prisons, safe spaces but very little of it impacts on heterosexual cis-men.

It amazes me though that people get so worked up about something like this which has no bearing or impact on me - I'm assuming that male/female are options on the form.  This form of language makes no difference whatsoever to the vast majority of the population but can be problematic for a minority so what's the problem.

It reminds me of people claiming that same-sex marriage would somehow impact their marriage - often people who bleat on about the sanctity of marriage but are divorced and/or shag around but that's another story.  FFS, no-one's forcing you to marry a man.

21 hours ago, aaid said:

There's some real serious issues with GRA particularly where conflicting rights come into play such as in sport, prisons, safe spaces but very little of it impacts on heterosexual cis-men.

It amazes me though that people get so worked up about something like this which has no bearing or impact on me - I'm assuming that male/female are options on the form.  This form of language makes no difference whatsoever to the vast majority of the population but can be problematic for a minority so what's the problem.

It reminds me of people claiming that same-sex marriage would somehow impact their marriage - often people who bleat on about the sanctity of marriage but are divorced and/or shag around but that's another story.  FFS, no-one's forcing you to marry a man.

You're right about the effect on sport - it's a prime example of why "gender" is not a good way to classify people.

The reason that many people raise an eyebrow at a question asking what sex you are "assigned" at birth is that you are not assigned it - it may be observed, but it is not assigned.  The reason for the use of assigned is of course that it allows the possibility that you have been assigned the wrong sex, that someone has made a mistake and you could actually not be the sex that you were "assigned".  Again it is an attempt to conflate sex and gender and to muddy the waters so that a "woman" can have a penis (as per that laughable press report further up the thread) and nobody's allowed to point out the emperor's new clothes.

24 minutes ago, Alibi said:

You're right about the effect on sport - it's a prime example of why "gender" is not a good way to classify people.

The reason that many people raise an eyebrow at a question asking what sex you are "assigned" at birth is that you are not assigned it - it may be observed, but it is not assigned.  The reason for the use of assigned is of course that it allows the possibility that you have been assigned the wrong sex, that someone has made a mistake and you could actually not be the sex that you were "assigned".  Again it is an attempt to conflate sex and gender and to muddy the waters so that a "woman" can have a penis (as per that laughable press report further up the thread) and nobody's allowed to point out the emperor's new clothes.

What is it if it isn’t assigned?  

For someone who identifies as the sex they were assigned at birth - or they were born, if you prefer that - this is just semantics.

For someone who doesn’t identify as the sex assigned at birth, in a medical context it’s an important distinction - I imagine the previous version just had “Sex M/F”.

I agree with you to an extent about conflating sex and gender, I’d also point out that happens on both sides of this debate.

However, in this context I don’t see a problem and if making things no more difficult for the majority of the population but easier for a minority, it’s a no brainier to me,

44 minutes ago, aaid said:

What is it if it isn’t assigned?  

For someone who identifies as the sex they were assigned at birth - or they were born, if you prefer that - this is just semantics.

For someone who doesn’t identify as the sex assigned at birth, in a medical context it’s an important distinction - I imagine the previous version just had “Sex M/F”.

I agree with you to an extent about conflating sex and gender, I’d also point out that happens on both sides of this debate.

However, in this context I don’t see a problem and if making things no more difficult for the majority of the population but easier for a minority, it’s a no brainier to me,

It's observed.  Assigned implies that someone makes a choice between two options. Who "assigned" your own sex and how did they do it? If someone doesn't "feel" like the sex they are (note, not "assigned" but "are" then that's more of a psychological or psychiatric matter (body dysmorphia I think it's called), but their sex is not a matter of choice; nor can it be changed even if you were to have extensive surgery.  Your sex is still your sex at chromosome level despite what Kirsty Blackman & her pals assert.

If things were based on people's sex rather than the slightly more fluid "gender", there wouldn't be half the problems that are thrown up by this GRA stuff. As I've said before, I could live in a stable and eat oats but it wouldn't make me a horse no matter how many times I ran in the 2:30 at Ayr.

34 minutes ago, Alibi said:

It's observed.  Assigned implies that someone makes a choice between two options. Who "assigned" your own sex and how did they do it?

Technically, it would be the registrar who filled in "M" in the column for Sex when my birth was registered based upon what the relevant medical professional at my birth had observed.

On conflating sex with gender, on one hand you have some trans-activists pushing the fallacy that some one born male can become a biological female and vice versa.  On the other hand, some gender critical feminists - it's largely a trans-woman issue -raising issues of supposed sex-based rights which in reality should be gender based.

The best case scenario is that we get to a resolution that no-one is entirely happy with but everyone can live with, I've little confidence of this happening though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, aaid said:

Technically, it would be the registrar who filled in "M" in the column for Sex when my birth was registered based upon what the relevant medical professional at my birth had observed.

On conflating sex with gender, on one hand you have some trans-activists pushing the fallacy that some one born male can become a biological female and vice versa.  On the other hand, some gender critical feminists - it's largely a trans-woman issue -raising issues of supposed sex-based rights which in reality should be gender based.

The best case scenario is that we get to a resolution that no-one is entirely happy with but everyone can live with, I've little confidence of this happening though.

That fallacy is also accepted as gospel by Kirsty Blackman, SA Somerville, and our FM.  I have no problem with trying to make people's lives better and trying to reduce any bullying or abuse of minorities, but promoting a complete falsehood like that to try to justify legislation is beyond the pale.  My particular objection was initially the effect on women's sport but when I read more about it, I realised there was a lot more to the matter.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I think this was posted elsewhere but have you seen this? Oh my god…

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59726281

Look at the state of them with daft wee broom sticks between their legs! 

image.jpeg.049fae2d68f27cbb5afb15b35524cbf5.jpeg

I posted it in the news thread. 

Grown adults playing handball with broomsticks or the pettiness of changing the name of the sport.........not sure which is more pathetic

Before I read that article I initially thought those broomsticks were meant to represent pretend willies or something like that.

What sort of sad wanker would take part in this ridiculous activity?  Anyway, it's ludicrous cos they're not actually flying.

16 hours ago, thplinth said:

I think this was posted elsewhere but have you seen this? Oh my god…

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59726281

Look at the state of them with daft wee broom sticks between their legs! 

image.jpeg.049fae2d68f27cbb5afb15b35524cbf5.jpeg

FFS!  I'd no idea there was such a thing as a Quidditch league.  I would've thought JKR would have a good claim on the name and could get them to stop using it.  Probably got better things to do than interact with these saddos anyway I suppose.

The Women and Equalities committee of the House of Commons have come out in favour of self-ID.

it’s worth pointing out this committee is chaired by a Tory and has a Tory majority, so hardly a bastion of wokeness. I mean, Philip Davies is a member.  

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5802/cmselect/cmwomeq/977/summary.html