The Trans stuff - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Trans stuff

3 hours ago, aaid said:

There's no such thing currently in the UK as Self ID, or at least it has no legal basis.  The proposed legislation will change that.   The example you cite is where an organisation has set its own policy, it's not backed up by law.   Essentially, if I say "I'm a woman" then that has no legal basis, if you choose to treat me like one, that's your decision.

These cases do throw up the potential pitfalls and its all about people who would seek to abuse the system for their advantage.    I'm not sure what threat a man who self identifies as a woman poses, at least in comparison to the rest of the population.  For example, I'd imagine that a transwoman, going through transition would probably be less of a threat in a women's prison that some of the other female prisoners - I base that solely on watching Prisoner Cell Block H 30 years ago.  In fact they'd probably be more at risk themselves than a risk to others.      

It's a proper minefield aye and as you say folk are taking advantage of it already through ignorance, mine included.  The new legislation as I understand removes the need for medical sign off and seems to be more a bureaucratic exercise taking 6 months rather than 2 years so opens it up to more abuses. 

I agree too that real transgender folk are adversely affected as predatory males take advantage. One in 50 Male prisoners are currently ID as female and potentially allows transfer to female prisons. David Thompson, serial rapist, did this a couple of years ago and went on to assault female inmates. This seems mental but Labour at a recent hustings were advocating allowing prisoners to continue self ID and record their crimes against their chosen gender. 

Don't get me wrong I hope they find a way to make it easier for genuine cases but have no idea how it is achieved.

20 minutes ago, Bonny79 said:

Only adolescent kids should be taught bout lgbtqxyz 👿 💀 etcc. 

Leave young children to enjoy their childhood. 

The earlier or younger we educate our children about everything the better. Sex, gender, religion, sectarianism. Everything.

They'll still enjoy their childhood but possibly enjoy their adulthood more etc.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I must have missed that.

It was a Facebook rant, not on here. Just annoyed me. I had to Google what half the letters meant as I thought it was still just LGBT - turns out there are a few letters added these days to incorporate all the other fuckwit gender pish and they’re asking primary school kids to support and promote it. 

Utter nonsense 😏

33 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

It was a Facebook rant, not on here. Just annoyed me. I had to Google what half the letters meant as I thought it was still just LGBT - turns out there are a few letters added these days to incorporate all the other fuckwit gender pish and they’re asking primary school kids to support and promote it. 

Utter nonsense 😏

Careful, the police might knock on your door or visit you at work for hate speech 

42 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

The earlier or younger we educate our children about everything the better. Sex, gender, religion, sectarianism. Everything.

They'll still enjoy their childhood but possibly enjoy their adulthood more etc.

Not too early though.   They need to learn facts of life 1st before all this stuff. 

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Utter nonsense 😏

We need a few more vowels before we can solve the countdown conundrum. Need a U to go with the Q. Udder suckers maybe?

A D for dormant as well.

personally I have aligned as a dormant vanilla heterosexual for the LGB alliance. Good parties in my experience and old school covers most . 
nowt against trans , but the reason they are so rare is why the cause has been hijacked. Anyone notice Starbucks advert jumping on the Jemma to James skit ? If they’re joining in you know it’s got cuntish backing

• 1 year later...

https://quillette.com/2020/01/17/why-i-resigned-from-tavistock-trans-identified-children-need-therapy-not-just-affirmation-and-drugs/

https://www.persuasion.community/p/keira-bell-my-story?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cta

Watched a few interviews with Evans and he comes across as compassionate and knowledgeable. 

Probably gonna see a lot more stories like Kiera Bell’s. 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:39 PM, Bonny79 said:

Kids should be taught there are only 2 genders 

I remember watching a documentary about a man who wanted to become a 'tiger' through surgery.

Dennis Avner (IMHO) was clearly mentally ill, but due to 'freedoms' and 'political correctness' and 'rights' etc. he was (irresponsibly) accommodated.

He had 14 surgical procedures towards that goal and he held a world record for "most permanent transformations to look like an animal".

When asked when the surgeries would stop, he responded "When I'm walking on all fours."

One article on 'The Cat Man' referred to him as a "cigarette-smoking, out-of-work, registered Republican who owns firearms and left California because he believes it's become a communist state".

Avner blew his head off when he was 54.

maxresdefault.jpg 

Here's my point...

Instead of accommodating mental illness in extreme cases like this, why don't we try to treat the mental illness?

Now, what does this have to do with the thread?

Putting aside the non-trans gay and lesbian stuff, from my own point of view, living as a male heterosexual, it seems to me that any male wanting his penis removed and wanting the creation of fake breasts in order to live out their life as a 'woman' would be mentally ill.

I'm not trying to be harsh. That's how it looks from where I'm standing (and the worst thing is that young kids who don't have the advantage of life experience under their belts are getting these requests approved).

The way I see things, there are only two genders (and then there are 'mutilations' of those two genders).

Edited by Scotty CTA

"The promotion of transitioning for children is being used by the adult trans community – and many of them are my friends – as a tool for transgender social acceptance."

Mark Cummings

Edited by Scotty CTA

• 7 months later...

Everyone's favourite thread.

A letter shared on Mumsnet sent, not to the Viz, but to heads at girl guiding from a parent:

Hi,

I a writing as a concerned parent regarding the recent appointment Monica Sulley, a male who identifies as a woman, who became the lead Commissioner for the Southwell division of Girl Guides U.K.

The social media posts Sulley has made recently I think fly in the face of the GG volunteer code of conduct- "Be a good role model with behaviour and an attitude that are in line with our values and the Promise" I do not think an individual posing in fetish wear and using guns and ammunition is a good role model for girl guides and I am at a loss as to why such a person holds this position within the GG institution. Can you explain? It looks and feels like GG looking to be inclusive and woke, and instead it is putting girls at significant risk of harm being influenced by Sulley who has further shown unsafe behaviours in their support of Amy Channelor when in 2018, Monica Sulley signed his name to a letter penned by Aimee Challenor – a trans-identified male who is best known for hiring his father into a public role within the Green Party despite him having been convicted of raping and torturing a 10 year old girl. Challenor is in a polyamorous relationship with a man who admitted to sexual fantasies about children, and another trans-identified male who has an adult baby fetish.

I am concerned that the safety of girls is being put at risk, and that Sulley is in this position. If she had not posted her fetish all over social media, and did not hold a public position for a charity, this would be a non issue. However, she has and must be held accountable, as well as being relieved of their volunteer duties when it clearly contravenes your own Code of Conduct."

Link to the story showing the leather clad cheeky little sex-pot here: grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/wtf-are-girlguiding-thinking

Story of the girl guide leader sacked for raising safeguarding concerns in 2018 : www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6222859/Guide-leader-says-sacked-telling-bosses-new-transgender-policies-pose-risk.html

There's a lot to unpack in there but the first thing that jumps out to me are the concerned parent's pronouns are all over the shop.  

Scottish Twitter amusing tonight.

A load of people, mainly associated with a certain party, have been losing their shit royally about the SNP talking about Just Transition at conference.

This is of course about transitioning to Net Zero and not about “mutilating children”.

In a great display of cognitive dissonance, they’ve convinced themselves that the SNP have deliberately made up the phrase just to confuse them.  That’s despite Just Transition being a concept that’s been around in this context for years and is used all around the world.

And they’re also the ones that claim that the SNP are obsessed with GRA