Clubs Who Share Interests - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clubs Who Share Interests

I know a while back Saints kind-of tried to set up a link with the Turkish team Eskisehirspor. Even(embarrassingly) bringing out a Saints away jersey in the Turkish side’s colours. Cringeworthy  as fuck. 😩

I know Celtic were linked with St. Pauli but who else has or had links with Scottish clubs and are there any interesting reasons why? 

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen & Dinamo Berlin 😬

More recently, Aberdeen have gained a link with Atlanta in the mls, due to the new chairman. He’s already talking a good game. 

That tweet fae the Hun raging because he thought Atlanta was Atalanta in Italy was good. 😄

Edited by WCTA

In years gone past, Celtic had official links to K.V. Oostende in Belguim, Újpest in Hungary and Santos Laguna in Mexico. There was lots of big talk about sending players on loan, Celtic having first option on the best youth prospects and regular friendlies between the teams. It was a waste of time. Hardly anything ever came of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9274340.stm

Queens Park supporters once had a "bond of friendship" kind of thing going with a wee lower league team in Germany who have since went bust. Can't remember what the German team were called.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Celtic don’t have a link with St Pauli do they? Their fans do though. 

Do they still have that St Paul weekend shite? Very Hoops Bar csc behaviour.

Know a few who go to see Cliftonville as well but I think that's more of an excuse to visit  the Rock Bar on the Falls road than anything else. There's been a few French and Italian left wing Ultras as guests of the GB in the standing section in recent years too.

Edited by Terry Munro

18 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

“Guests of the green brigade” .... beautifully cringeworthy too.

As soon as these things get formalised/recognised they look stupid...... it is marginally different, you support your team, but never say you’ve got a 2nd team, whatever league they play in ..... keep it to yourself!

You sound like you have confidence issues. 

I lived fairly close to Upton Park in the early 80s & occasionally would go & see West Ham games. One particular Saturday in 1983, they played a friendly against Dundee Utd. I remember at the game there were regular references the 'historical friendship' between the teams, which is mentioned in the programme notes.

I often wondered what the connection was & does it still exist in any form? I also don't have the slightest recollection what the score was...anyone else there that day or remember it?

WHU v DU 2.jpg

WHU v DU.jpg

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I lived fairly close to Upton Park in the early 80s & occasionally would go & see West Ham games. One particular Saturday in 1983, they played a friendly against Dundee Utd. I remember at the game there were regular references the 'historical friendship' between the teams, which is mentioned in the programme notes.

I often wondered what the connection was & does it still exist in any form? I also don't have the slightest recollection what the score was...anyone else there that day or remember it?

WHU v DU 2.jpg

WHU v DU.jpg

The only connection that I can remember is Raymond Stewart. At the time his transfer was a record of some kind. It has sometimes been said that that transfer pretty much financed everything that JIm McLean achieved at Tannadice afterwards.