Singing Section - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Singing Section

WCTA

I see a lassie has been putting out the feelers for a section like this in the corner between the West and North stands. Personally, I’m not for it as I think other parts of the ground become alienated. But it’s not the worst thing, or is it?

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

I see a lassie has been putting out the feelers for a section like this in the corner between the West and North stands. Personally, I’m not for it as I think other parts of the ground become alienated. But it’s not the worst thing, or is it?

We wouldn’t need a singing section if we were half decent on the park. 

Not against the idea that much, but the area of the ground she is telling everyone to gather in is probably the area which needs it the less.

I have sat in B8 since the SFA raised prices for the North Stand for the Euro 2016 campaign, and it’s the same for a lot of others, as everyone around me is folk who used to sit in the North Stand, and the atmosphere has always been good.

Done the odd friendly in the north stand and sat there thinking “it’s not the same” and wished was back in area I regularly sit in.

While the SFA might appear to like the idea, I can not see them giving it their full backing, as the topics on Facebook seem to always descend into talk of standing areas or encouraging folk to stand, which the SFA will never encourage (they turn a blind eye to it just now, but will never give anyone blessing to go ahead with it).

10 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Not against the idea that much, but the area of the ground she is telling everyone to gather in is probably the area which needs it the less.

I have sat in B8 since the SFA raised prices for the North Stand for the Euro 2016 campaign, and it’s the same for a lot of others, as everyone around me is folk who used to sit in the North Stand, and the atmosphere has always been good.

Done the odd friendly in the north stand and sat there thinking “it’s not the same” and wished was back in area I regularly sit in.

While the SFA might appear to like the idea, I can not see them giving it their full backing, as the topics on Facebook seem to always descend into talk of standing areas or encouraging folk to stand, which the SFA will never encourage (they turn a blind eye to it just now, but will never give anyone blessing to go ahead with it).

See you in B8 for a sing song then :bouncy:

I think it is a good idea ( and no, I am not the lassie putting the feelers out)..

Exactly what harm is there in this? Despite being a distinctly average team St Mirren have a singing section and it has improved the atmosphere at games immensely. 

I agree with Wanderer that north/west section is the area that needs it least as it is only section in recent years that makes any effort whatsoever . Maybe have it at the other side of the north stand, sandwiching in the miserable bassas and drowning out their constant moaning.  

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think it is a good idea ( and no, I am not the lassie putting the feelers out)..

Exactly what harm is there in this? Despite being a distinctly average team St Mirren have a singing section and it has improved the atmosphere at games immensely. 

I agree with Wanderer that north/west section is the area that needs it least as it is only section in recent years that makes any effort whatsoever . Maybe have it at the other side of the north stand, sandwiching in the miserable bassas and drowning out their constant moaning.  

Now, if there is going to be an official moaning section - count me in. :ok:

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye, I really don't see many downsides to the idea at all to be honest. Every stadium has the potential to go very flat if a result/match isn't going their way, but knowing there's a bunch of folk who are going to chant the full 90 regardless can't be a negative thing.

4 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Aye, I really don't see many downsides to the idea at all to be honest. Every stadium has the potential to go very flat if a result/match isn't going their way, but knowing there's a bunch of folk who are going to chant the full 90 regardless can't be a negative thing.

👍

How is it "nonsense" to try and get the people who want to sing standing together rather than being dotted around the ground surrounded by people who don't?

Problem is that we don't have that many songs, or ones that people are willing to sing at least. Our bus to the Albania away game was excellent and had loads of variety to the songs but it's a lot easier to get a few dozen on a supporters bus singing than it is a full terrace.

Edited by Terry Munro

52 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Agree 100% against these plastic atmospheres.

It's bound to happen then isn't it?

What's plastic about it? Currently the people wanting a sing song will be scattered in amongst the folk who aren't arsed (due to whatever reason). Why not bunch them together to make the biggest impact?

If this was being trialled in Germany we'd be sucking their boaby talking about the incredible fans and game experience.