League Cup Final. - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Final.

Can anyone explain how the £2n rated Hun striker didn’t get the book despite being told last chance by the ref after foull number 3 then carrying out a further 6 one of which could easily been a red?

And still they got beat. Magnificent.

43 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Match lowlight - when Rangers did not return the ball after Celtic put it out for the injury. I can appreciate the huns are desperate as desperate can be for a trophy but FFS that lacked class.

Did you expect anything else from a club that have never had or will ever have any class, morals or integrity?

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Can anyone explain how the £2n rated Hun striker didn’t get the book despite being told last chance by the ref after foull number 3 then carrying out a further 6 one of which could easily been a red?

He was wearing Scott Brown's invisibility cloak? 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

That is beautiful. 

Where's Trolling Hills? Awfy quiet considering you can't normally shit him up. 

Shit him up? 😂🤣

I know it's just a typo or auto correct thing but this made me laugh out loud. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Did he not get booked? I thought he had been but there were a few yellows getting flashed at the end that I lost track at one point. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Dunno who i said would replace him, you obviously do. I dont really care. 

Watching that rat cry made my day

I was just yanking yer chain. I don't remember and don't care. 

Whoever it was is behind him in the queue for Scotland though. 😉

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Shinnie? McLean? Both have moved onto much higher levels of football than rangers. 

Does Shinnie get a game? Genuine question as don't really follow English football that much. 

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers by far the better side.  But one strike by Celtic did it.  Their only attack of the game.  But hey ho.  That's what it is  A game.  Well done Big Ramy.

Cheers RH. Rangers were the better side today, but hey ho, that's football for yae. Oh, and big Forester was the difference. 

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Celtic seemed to me to be better when they went down to 10 men. 

I thought that too. Given that they had just gone 1 up though, they knew just to tough it out. Prior to that they looked clueless. 

From then onwards, it was Rangers that had no clue how to break Celtic down. A lot of high balls into the box that were easily dealt with, it seemed to me.

Overall of course, I can't remember an OF game which Rangers dominated so much.

Was a weird game, Rangers absolutely pummelled Celtic for most of the game, but Celtic took their chance and won.

Reminiscent of the 90s when you’d regularly watch Celtic outclass Rangers and lose 2-0 with Andy Goram playing the Fraser Forster role.

Says a lot about Rangers reputation that the neutrals all seem more comfortable with Celtic winning their 10th domestic trophy rather than Rangers stopping them.

Offside was a tight call and hadn’t even considered it until highlighted by TV. Thought Collum did pretty well, uncharacteristically lenient, could’ve had a couple of yellows in 1st half, but don’t think he got any big calls wrong.

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

..... c’mon Stacy..... getting yer m’s ‘n’ n’s mixed up as well as yer 2’s ‘n’ 20’s.

Think that’s the most apostrophe strewn post in tamb history!!!?

Possibly the most incorrectly applied apostrophes too.  Fortunately for you though...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/01/laziness-has-won-apostrophe-society-admits-its-defeat

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Dunno, neither do I. 

Fine pair of insular twats we make. 😂

According to Wiki and the BBC he has played 7 times this season and Derby have played 20 league games and lie 16th.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Was a weird game, Rangers absolutely pummelled Celtic for most of the game, but Celtic took their chance and won.

Reminiscent of the 90s when you’d regularly watch Celtic outclass Rangers and lose 2-0 with Andy Goram playing the Fraser Forster role.

Says a lot about Rangers reputation that the neutrals all seem more comfortable with Celtic winning their 10th domestic trophy rather than Rangers stopping them.

Offside was a tight call and hadn’t even considered it until highlighted by TV. Thought Collum did pretty well, uncharacteristically lenient, could’ve had a couple of yellows in 1st half, but don’t think he got any big calls wrong.

No other team comes close to how utterly repugnant that entire organisation is. The Huns are called The Huns for a reason and it’s totally deserved. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Fine pair of insular twats we make. 😂

According to Wiki and the BBC he has played 7 times this season and Derby have played 20 league games and lie 16th.

Cocu didnt fancy him at the start of the season and basically froze him out.

He got his chance as injuries took their toll and played really well. 1st player on the teamsheet for those 7 games until he did his hamstring about a month ago.

Shame really, he'd won over the fans and the management team but he faces another month out.