League Cup Final. - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Final.

2 hours ago, Dairbee said:

Cocu didnt fancy him at the start of the season and basically froze him out.

He got his chance as injuries took their toll and played really well. 1st player on the teamsheet for those 7 games until he did his hamstring about a month ago.

Shame really, he'd won over the fans and the management team but he faces another month out. 

Thanks Dairbee. That's exactly the context that stats don't give you. 👍

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

2 footed lunge....simply a yellow now is it. He got lucky, extremely lucky.

Then we are talking about a different challenge as I didn't see any 2 footed challenges yesterday. 

If it was the one he was booked for, I'd suggest you watch a replay without the green tinted specs on. 

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Then we are talking about a different challenge as I didn't see any 2 footed challenges yesterday. 

If it was the one he was booked for, I'd suggest you watch a replay without the green tinted specs on. 

Just caught up on highlights.

The kids took over the remote just before the penalty. 😂

The Arfield challenge was wild, taking out his frustration at the missed penalty. I’ve seen reds for much less in “normal games”.

Saw some pics on twitter that show Helander is actually hidden in the ruck of Celtic players at the goal and is possibly playing Julien onside with his shoulder.....

ELTRTW8XsAMgReP?format=jpg&name=360x360

image.jpeg.ba0f18816167e525ca27e4cadace53fa.jpeg

Edited by sbcmfc

15 hours ago, daviebee said:

Ryan Jack looks as if he was having a cracking game, from those first few highlights. 

Goal is probably offside. Horrendous tackle from arfield - no complaints if sent off. 

Lennon should get credit for bringing Forster in, but can't imagine he'll want to play many more old firms without Edouard starting. 

Rangers remain thoroughly dislikeable and pleasing to see them continuing to fail under Gerrard. 

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Says a lot about Rangers reputation that the neutrals all seem more comfortable with Celtic winning their 10th domestic trophy rather than Rangers stopping them.

In a couple of WhatsApp groups, I/we were speaking about this, thankfully most of us support Dundee, or United, think theres one Celtic and a St Mirren fan of all things, and everyone was happy that Rangers were beaten by Celtic. Everyone of us wants almost anyone to stop them winning every trophy, but not that horrible bigoted club, anyone but them. They are universally hated by everyone.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Just caught up on highlights.

The kids took over the remote just before the penalty. 😂

The Arfield challenge was wild, taking out his frustration at the missed penalty. I’ve seen reds for much less in “normal games”.

Saw some pics on twitter that show Helander is actually hidden in the ruck of Celtic players at the goal and is possibly playing Julien onside with his shoulder.....

ELTRTW8XsAMgReP?format=jpg&name=360x360

image.jpeg.ba0f18816167e525ca27e4cadace53fa.jpeg

Don't take this away from us. He was gloriously offside.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

31 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Don't take this away from us. He was gloriously offside.

I think he was probably offside, but it’s a far closer call than they’d want you to believe.

The picture they want everyone to see is 3 Celtic players 1/2 a yard ahead of the last defender. When in fact they’re level as there’s 4 in the line. They also keep beating “there’s 3 of them offside” when 2 of them are not interfering with play, therefore irrelevant to the decision. (To make the case for the linesman, it’s almost impossible to keep track of all the Celtic players, at the point the balls hit, he has no idea who is going to become active).

Far worse decision in the ‘well game. 2 players (plus the keeper) playing Alan Campbell onside by 2 yards. 😱

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I think he was probably offside, but it’s a far closer call than they’d want you to believe.

The picture they want everyone to see is 3 Celtic players 1/2 a yard ahead of the last defender. When in fact they’re level as there’s 4 in the line. They also keep beating “there’s 3 of them offside” when 2 of them are not interfering with play, therefore irrelevant to the decision. (To make the case for the linesman, it’s almost impossible to keep track of all the Celtic players, at the point the balls hit, he has no idea who is going to become active).

Far worse decision in the ‘well game. 2 players (plus the keeper) playing Alan Campbell onside by 2 yards. 😱

Meh, that doesn’t matter, it’s “only” Motherwell. 

That linesman will be back running a line next week with it all forgotten about. 

Horrific decision. 

6 hours ago, macy37 said:

Not bothered about the offsideness of the goal. It was too close to call at full speed for the officials so could have gone either way. 

We shouldn't need to be relying on a call like that. Morelos missed far too many chances and the penalty was criminal. 

You cannot dominate a game like that and fail to score unless you want to get done by the other sides one and only shot on target. 

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That linesman will be back running a line next week with it all forgotten about. 

Horrific decision. 

We play Rangers next Sunday.

Ref has to be Bobby Madhun, because Beaton and Collum are in the bad books.

😂

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Horrific decision. 

Surely the ref apologised to the Motherwell manager, that's the norm nowadays when they make mistakes :um-no:

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, kumnio said:

In a couple of WhatsApp groups, I/we were speaking about this, thankfully most of us support Dundee, or United, think theres one Celtic and a St Mirren fan of all things, and everyone was happy that Rangers were beaten by Celtic. Everyone of us wants almost anyone to stop them winning every trophy, but not that horrible bigoted club, anyone but them. They are universally hated by everyone.

Agreed.