Steven Fletcher - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Fletcher

Super_Scotlandfan

Steven Fletcher  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If Steven Fletcher makes himself available again in March would you start him in the play off games?

• Yes
    • No

Andrew Robertson is only 25 years old and already has 34 caps and 3 goals (from left back!) for Scotland. He will most likely go on to be one of our most capped players of all time barring serious injury. 

But he missed one game to get an emergency dental procedure and suddenly he's persona non grata? Get a grip. 

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

Andrew Robertson is only 25 years old and already has 34 caps and 3 goals (from left back!) for Scotland. He will most likely go on to be one of our most capped players of all time barring serious injury. 

But he missed one game to get an emergency dental procedure and suddenly he's persona non grata? Get a grip. 

He then also missed the games which have just been & then played for his club a couple of days later. 

Guest ElChris04

Probably could do a job.But... the answer is simple, I personally wouldn’t want a player back in contention who made himself unavailable for the other games while a player who was bothered gets dropped for him. Same goes for players such as brown. 

Edited by ElChris04

54 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Probably could do a job.But... the answer is simple, I personally wouldn’t want a player back in contention who made himself unavailable for the other games while a player who was bothered gets dropped for him. Same goes for players such as brown. 

What if he signed for Celtic though? 😄

4 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Clarke will know who's  committed or not. If Robertson, tierney, fraser or anyone else just wants to play when it suits them, they should be told to fuck off

Edited by vanderark14

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He then also missed the games which have just been & then played for his club a couple of days later. 

Was that when he also travelled up to Glasgow to hang out with the team? 

I think there are plenty of players who we can doubt their commitment to Scotland. In my opinion Robbo is not one of them. 

Just now, mrniaboc said:

Was that when he also travelled up to Glasgow to hang out with the team? 

I think there are plenty of players who we can doubt their commitment to Scotland. In my opinion Robbo is not one of them. 

I couldn’t give two fucks whether anybody “hangs about” with the team. It’s the park I want to see them on. Folk talking about a wee trip between Liverpool and Glasgow as some mad jaunt. FFS. 🙈

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I couldn’t give two fucks whether anybody “hangs about” with the team. It’s the park I want to see them on. Folk talking about a wee trip between Liverpool and Glasgow as some mad jaunt. FFS. 🙈

So Robbo isn't committed to Scotland and you never want to see him in the team again, yeah? We have differing opinions. 

11 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Certainly looking like he isn’t committed anyway.

What I find strange is the players niggling injuries always need treatment when scotland play. Robertson runs through walls weekly for liverpool, same at other clubs with the likes of tierney, fraser, fletcher etc. They see scotland as something which isn't as important as their club, some fans on here will agree with that stance. As much as I appreciate they get paid by their clubs and that is their job, they still shouldnt treat the national side, its fans or the manager as an after thought and something you can ditch. You're in or you're out.

John  mcginn is the perfect international as is christie. 

Edited by vanderark14

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

"Here lies Andrew Robertson. He made 80 appearances for Scotland, but was not committed to the team at all." 

😂😂😂😂😂

Repeatedly pulling out of playing for Scotland then rolling out and playing the full 90 minutes for your club only a couple of days later at the very top level of football. Certainly looking like these guys see Scotland as a pest. 

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

Repeatedly pulling out of playing for Scotland then rolling out and playing the full 90 minutes for your club only a couple of days later at the very top level of football. Certainly looking like these guys see Scotland as a pest. 

I think that's true for some. Just not for Robbo. I may be wrong. But I don't think he's done enough to warrant people thinking he shouldn't be invited back. 

Never understood what happened with fletcher. Recalled for the Albania and Israel games, played well and seemed delighted to be back in the squad. After that nothing. No retirement announcement but no call ups. 

As things stand he's our best available player in his position so I'd pick him if he's an option. If he's the difference between us qualifying for the euros (which is admittedly highly unlikely) nobody afterwards will be complaining that he shouldn't have been picked. 

8 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Never understood what happened with fletcher. Recalled for the Albania and Israel games, played well and seemed delighted to be back in the squad. After that nothing. No retirement announcement but no call ups. 

As things stand he's our best available player in his position so I'd pick him if he's an option. If he's the difference between us qualifying for the euros (which is admittedly highly unlikely) nobody afterwards will be complaining that he shouldn't have been picked. 

He's obviously spoken to Clarke and said don't pick me

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

So naive. The guy is nursing an injury whilst playing for the European champions and leading the epl by a distance yet you think he should jeopardise that by playing in some almost meaningless qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Cyprus. Games which we'll probably win anyway. 

Alba gu brath and all that but jesus wept

Edited by gonzohiggy

8 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

So naive. The guy is nursing an injury whilst playing for the European champions and leading the epl by a distance yet you think he should jeopardise that by playing in some almost meaningless qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Cyprus. Games which we'll probably win anyway. 

Alba gu brath and all that but jesus wept

He was missed in the first game against Kazakhstan to be fair. 

23 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Probably not but we can’t keep moaning about players lack of commitment while accepting guys like Fletcher back when it suits them. 

19 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He was missed in the first game against Kazakhstan to be fair. 

I got my order wrong but was meaning the recent cyprus / Kazakhstan double header which I was assuming what the beef was over. 

If we are going back to the guy having a pretty genuine dental issue in the first Kazakh game then I'm equally as miffed. 

Andy Robertson is everything we want our players to be, yet even he isn't good enough for some people. 

7 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:
I got my order wrong but was meaning the recent cyprus / Kazakhstan double header which I was assuming what the beef was over. 

If we are going back to the guy having a pretty genuine dental issue in the first Kazakh game then I'm equally as miffed. 

Andy Robertson is everything we want our players to be, yet even he isn't good enough for some people. 

Aye maybe a being harsh on him, he did play a week before for Liverpool and there’s a chance he used the international break to get the work done. 

Im not questioning his commitment or maybe I am? I think he’d put Liverpool first, fair enough they pay his wages but still