Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vanderark14

Terrorist shot on london bridge

Recommended Posts

As the title says. I'm sure everyone has seen the videos or at least the headlines. 

The videos are a little bit nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dan cake said:

If the public had the man disarmed and disabled why did the police need to shoot him? Don’t make these c.unts martyrs 

 From what I have read he had a fake suicide vest on hence the reason the public ran away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

 From what I have read he had a fake suicide vest on hence the reason the public ran away.

One of the guys that tackled him was interviewed on 5-live earlier.  When it all kicked off, most of the people around understandably did a runner but a few tackled him.  They managed to get the knife off him and had restrained him on the ground face down.   This was about the point when the police turned up, the guy turned over and that's when the police shot him.   It was all very quick.

The reason why they wear the fake vests is precisely so the police will shoot them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aaid said:

One of the guys that tackled him was interviewed on 5-live earlier.  When it all kicked off, most of the people around understandably did a runner but a few tackled him.  They managed to get the knife off him and had restrained him on the ground face down.   This was about the point when the police turned up, the guy turned over and that's when the police shot him.   It was all very quick.

The reason why they wear the fake vests is precisely so the police will shoot them.

 

I'd rather the police took no chances on the vest being fake

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd rather the police took no chances on the vest being fake

Absolutely and that's what they're banking on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Cressinda Dick in charge of the Met now. Good to see she suddenly wants to talk about the Police shooting terrorists these days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Convicted terrorist who was on release with a tag ..

The shit will hit the fan big time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attacks like this are actually damaging for the party that's in government as they demonstrate that they're failing to keep people safe and means they have to defend their record.  Ten years in power means they have no excuse. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, aaid said:

Attacks like this are actually damaging for the party that's in government as they demonstrate that they're failing to keep people safe and means they have to defend their record.  Ten years in power means they have no excuse. 

 

Unfortunately Labour and Corbyn are unlikely to make anyone feel any safer. 

You just have a scared and confused population. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Unfortunately Labour and Corbyn are unlikely to make anyone feel any safer. 

 

I don't think it's something that Labour are particularly strong on but they don't have a record to have to defend.

For Boris Johnson to say he's going to put 20000 police on the streets doesn't stack up when that only gets you back to where you were 10 years ago.

Similarly why is it that people are released early on license and rehabilitation or de-radicalising isn't working, it's because of cuts to the prison service and a lack of investment in prisons.

It seems that the attacks stated at a conference on prisoner rehabilitation, so that's unlikely to be coincidental.

ETA, on the scared and confused population, my experience is that Londoners in particular just get on with it.  I doubt Borough Market will be any less busy today as it was last Saturday. 

Edited by aaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aaid said:

I don't think it's something that Labour are particularly strong on but they don't have a record to have to defend.

For Boris Johnson to say he's going to put 20000 police on the streets doesn't stack up when that only gets you back to where you were 10 years ago.

Similarly why is it that people are released early on license and rehabilitation or de-radicalising isn't working, it's because of cuts to the prison service and a lack of investment in prisons.

It seems that the attacks stated at a conference on prisoner rehabilitation, so that's unlikely to be coincidental.

Aye his comment about more police on the street is ridiculous, such a political thing to say, unless we have minority report technology then all the police in the world aren’t gonna stop bad guys stabbing folk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye his comment about more police on the street is ridiculous, such a political thing to say, unless we have minority report technology then all the police in the world aren’t gonna stop bad guys stabbing folk.

And the timing of this is going down like a plate of cold sick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aaid said:

And the timing of this is going down like a plate of cold sick.

 

Devastated about the news blah blah, police and public are fantastic blah blah.

Oh and btw, its not my fault . I always wanted these people locked up forever so blame someone else.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Devastated about the news blah blah, police and public are fantastic blah blah.

Oh and btw, its not my fault . I always wanted these people locked up forever so blame someone else.  

As much of a wanker he is, it’s probably not his fault.  

Tin hat time but I’m convinced the Tories will do anything to avoid a majority in December. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having been involved in my time in a lot of public protection work (via MAPPA) plus Serious Case Reviews (SCRs) & Serious Further Offence (SFO) enquiries, I'd definitely favour the cock-up over conspiracy theory here. I always felt that whilst the system generally works pretty well for most "low level" and "ordinary" serious offenders, there was generally a gap with regards to what, in professional terms, I'd call complete & utter f***ing nutcases.

One of the big gaps for me (as an example, not picking on any one particular profession) was that I don't ever remember, not once, a forensic psychiatrist sitting in a meeting saying 'you know what, I haven't a clue how this guy might behave if we release him'. They are under massive pressure to deliver answers & every so often get it horribly wrong.

I always thought that if I was inside on a serious charge & needed to get out to kill someone else, I could have that sorted easily in a few years. In this context, if he sat there calling the prison guards infidels & reading books on explosives (obviously figuratively speaking - I don't think they actually have them on the prison library shelves), he'd still be inside, but do your time quietly, say the right things to the right people & you're going to get out at some point.

In this case, I'd suggest, without knowing much of his story, that he's pulled the wool over most people's eyes & been able to get where he was to do what he did.

Of course, I also acknowledge that the forces of the State are probably the biggest 'complete & utter f***ing nutcases' of the lot of them, so maybe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Having been involved in my time in a lot of public protection work (via MAPPA) plus Serious Case Reviews (SCRs) & Serious Further Offence (SFO) enquiries, I'd definitely favour the cock-up over conspiracy theory here. I always felt that whilst the system generally works pretty well for most "low level" and "ordinary" serious offenders, there was generally a gap with regards to what, in professional terms, I'd call complete & utter f***ing nutcases.

One of the big gaps for me (as an example, not picking on any one particular profession) was that I don't ever remember, not once, a forensic psychiatrist sitting in a meeting saying 'you know what, I haven't a clue how this guy might behave if we release him'. They are under massive pressure to deliver answers & every so often get it horribly wrong.

I always thought that if I was inside on a serious charge & needed to get out to kill someone else, I could have that sorted easily in a few years. In this context, if he sat there calling the prison guards infidels & reading books on explosives (obviously figuratively speaking - I don't think they actually have them on the prison library shelves), he'd still be inside, but do your time quietly, say the right things to the right people & you're going to get out at some point.

In this case, I'd suggest, without knowing much of his story, that he's pulled the wool over most people's eyes & been able to get where he was to do what he did.

Of course, I also acknowledge that the forces of the State are probably the biggest 'complete & utter f***ing nutcases' of the lot of them, so maybe...

Maybe if a law was introduced whereby those responsible for letting a nutter out could be held criminally responsible for any future violent acts committed by said nutter, that could help concentrate a few minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently the guy with the Narwhal tusk was a Polish chef and the guy that disarmed the attacker was a murderer on day release.

Thats not going to work well with the Send 'em Back and Lock 'em Up brigade. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Maybe if a law was introduced whereby those responsible for letting a nutter out could be held criminally responsible for any future violent acts committed by said nutter, that could help concentrate a few minds.

I partly agree. Given the serious nature of that kind of work, I think that there should be, much as with doctors, a level of expectation that decisions are made professionally, competently and in line with the evidence available at the time. In most cases that’s probably what happens but the danger is that we end up with decisions being made to protect the decision-makers not the public. Where clear negligence can be established though, there’s a logic there. However, there probably would have to be a whole new procedural guidance developed from the encyclopaedic one currently in use,  plus extensive retraining from that which currently exists to steer the decisions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, aaid said:

So apparently the guy with the Narwhal tusk was a Polish chef and the guy that disarmed the attacker was a murderer on day release.

Thats not going to work well with the Send 'em Back and Lock 'em Up brigade. 

Although this guy could fall into both categories? Foreign (possibly) and ex criminal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...