Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop?

mrniaboc

Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop?

• Fraser
    • Forrest
    • Christie

27 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Why is this thread still going, you don't have to drop any of them.

Two different formations that we played against Albania and Israel we played all three.

If we have played any better since, let me know.

McTominay and McGinn are easy replacements for McGregor and Armstrong.

But McGinn has been playing that central attacking midfield role for us and Villa recently. 

You're either suggesting that McGinn moves back a little and passes the ball more with Christie ahead or having Christie and McGinn both as attacking central midfielders. Both of these would leave us flimsy in midfield especially in a game like Norway or Serbia away.  

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Why is this thread still going, you don't have to drop any of them.

Two different formations that we played against Albania and Israel we played all three.

If we have played any better since, let me know.

McTominay and McGinn are easy replacements for McGregor and Armstrong.

You have to drop one of them for Mikey Magic Johnston

52 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

You have to drop one of them for Mikey Magic Johnston

He has to be at the very least be in the squad. Said it pre injury as well, he was ripping my club a part at times (rangers).

Definitely 1 of 4 youngsters I'd have in every 23/25 man squad. Other 3 are Gilmour, Porteous and Turnbull (when fit)

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

But McGinn has been playing that central attacking midfield role for us and Villa recently. 

You're either suggesting that McGinn moves back a little and passes the ball more with Christie ahead or having Christie and McGinn both as attacking central midfielders. Both of these would leave us flimsy in midfield especially in a game like Norway or Serbia away.  

Going by my favourite stats site McGinn has been playing on the right hand side of a midfield three with El Ghazi ahead of him when Villa play a 4-3-3. That is were Armstrong played against Isreal, Christie was on the left with Mcgregor in the middle. McTominay for Mcgregor and McGinn for Armstrong gets all our best players on the pitch in positions they have and can play.

Your right though it is a bit ambitious to play like that against decent opposition.

I think we can play a midfield four like we did in Albania with Mctominay in behind in stead of McGregor and McGinn on the right side of centre instead of Armstrong with Christie to his left. I would think Mcleish set us up to avoid losing and hopefully grab a win.

This again is a formation Villa use and seem to be able to change to when playing 4-4-3 and the opposition have the ball in their own half.

McGinn and Chirstie can both tackle and carry the ball forward

Probably a bit ambitious again but the other options are to use worse players simply because the can defend more.

To be blunt my opinion today is to score at least four goals a game rather than try and stop the opposition scoring more than one

10 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He has to be at the very least be in the squad. Said it pre injury as well, he was ripping my club a part at times (rangers).

Definitely 1 of 4 youngsters I'd have in every 23/25 man squad. Other 3 are Gilmour, Porteous and Turnbull (when fit)

The boy has a talent none of the others have, he can produce something out of nothing. Watched him for a long time in the youths for Scotland and he is now translating it to senior football with ease. I was worried how his recent injury would affect him but there was no need to worry at all. If we need a spark from somewhere he is the man to look to. 

ETA Also agree with your other choices for youngsters integrating into the squad, all have talent 

Edited by bazmidd