Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop?

mrniaboc

Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Fraser/Forrest/Christie: Which one would you drop?

• Fraser
    • Forrest
    • Christie

It seems like most people think a balanced team would only include 2 of these guys maximum. On their day I think they are all fantastic players. I'm interested to see which one the TAMB collectively would decide to drop from the starting team right now. I think it's a pretty tough question, though I'm sure many people will have strong opinions. 

Edited by mrniaboc

8 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

For Scotland Christie really suits being on the right, I don't feel he'd be as effective on the left and would be wasted cutting in on his right or going wide on his left. Fraser can play either quite effectively, whereas with Forrest you can see he isn't quite as effective on the left. So for me drop Forrest. 

This is pretty much what I was going to post

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

It seems like most people think a balanced team would only include 2 of these guys maximum. On their day I think they are all fantastic players. I'm interested to see which one the TAMB collectively would decide to drop from the starting team right now. I think it's a pretty tough question, though I'm sure many people will have strong opinions. 

Actually if (like me) you regard our only  decent performances the one in Albania and the Israel home game, the three of them played with Christie on the left. Just counting the Midfield McTominay comes in for McGregor and McGinn in for Armstrong

Don't think Fraser is playing well so would prefer to find a better option but the three can play together.

Depends on their club form in March I suppose. 

Unless Christie has a big drop in form I think he’s a certain starter against Israel. If Fraser gets his move to Liverpool and is playing well for them in March then it will be difficult for Clarke not to select him. 

An interesting problem for the manager. 

41 minutes ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

Fraser just now.  For me, due to his reluctance to pull on the dark blue shirt of late, he has to win his place back.  By turning up consistently for squads AND improving his form at club level (it's not been great of late), then he can stake a claim again, but not until then.

Two assists in his last two games. Hopefully his form is on the rise again. 

Guest ElChris04

Fraser. 

Commitment for Scotland is to be desired. The apparent knee injury heeled up very quickly And was okay to play for club a few days later... and club form he’s been absolutely rotten most of the season unlike Forrest. We’ll see club form come March but it’s Forrest and Christie on the wings for me. 

Edited by ElChris04

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

His hat trick and overall performance against Israel didn't impress you?

Take it you only go to away games.

For me, Albania away was the one and only time he has truly taken a match by the scruff of the neck and dominated it. I thought his all-round performance was absolutely superb that night.

Israel @ Hampden? Yes, he scored a hatrick and I'm happy he did, but does that equate to a great performance? Not necessarily.

Re. your second sentence... I have been to the majority of home matches since 1996.

7 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

For me, Albania away was the one and only time he has truly taken a match by the scruff of the neck and dominated it. I thought his all-round performance was absolutely superb that night.

Israel @ Hampden? Yes, he scored a hatrick and I'm happy he did, but does that equate to a great performance? Not necessarily.

Re. your second sentence... I have been to the majority of home matches since 1996.

Lol surely his hat trick could be considered a great performance.

41 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I bore people on here a lot with stats but against Israel he created three good goal scoring chances and had seven successful dribbles. The latter figure is almost unheard off. Add on the goals and it was a great performance.

In Albania he created one goal scoring chance and had three successful dribbles which are still good stats. Add on the goals and it was great performance.

In the Israel game he had more touches and made more passes than the Albania game. He only hit one stray pass against Albania as opposed to three against Israel but a pass completion rate of 89% was the best on the night. In Albania his 94% was the best on the night. In both games he got himself into a position to have an attempt on goal five times

He had a massive influence on both games but there was lot more in the latter performance than just the three goals.

Either way they were two of the best performances by a Scotsman in recent years and I hope that is the Forrest we see against Israel, I really can't see him not playing.

Really don't think the current Forrest is the same as the one who got his first 20 caps.

50 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol surely his hat trick could be considered a great performance.

Well, that depends on how great the goals were...

... and two of them were piss-easy to put away.

But f*ck it... I'll go with it... Let's add Israel at Hampden to Albania away...

Two great performances in a Scotland shirt... Two... Two...

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I bore people on here a lot with stats but against Israel he created three good goal scoring chances and had seven successful dribbles. The latter figure is almost unheard off. Add on the goals and it was a great performance.

In Albania he created one goal scoring chance and had three successful dribbles which are still good stats. Add on the goals and it was great performance.

In the Israel game he had more touches and made more passes than the Albania game. He only hit one stray pass against Albania as opposed to three against Israel but a pass completion rate of 89% was the best on the night. In Albania his 94% was the best on the night. In both games he got himself into a position to have an attempt on goal five times

He had a massive influence on both games but there was lot more in the latter performance than just the three goals.

Either way they were two of the best performances by a Scotsman in recent years and I hope that is the Forrest we see against Israel, I really can't see him not playing.

Really don't think the current Forrest is the same as the one who got his first 20 caps.

Sorry, I didn't realise Opta Stats were on the TAMB.

He's clearly got the ability to inflict damage upon the opposition, so let's see the wee bugger do it a damn sight more often.

Let's see the wee bugger prove me wrong over a sustained period of time.