So draw on Saturday.... We know its England but who else - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So draw on Saturday.... We know its England but who else

Bonny79

50 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Could be France and Portugal. What a group that would be. 

Unlikely though as England usually get an easy group. 

Aye, a horror group like that might make up for it if we don't qualify.

Then again =

England, Poland, Czech Rep/Austria/Turkey , Scotland could be a fine wee group.

5 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Aye, a horror group like that might make up for it if we don't qualify.

Then again =

England, Poland, Czech Rep/Austria/Turkey , Scotland could be a fine wee group.

Even Croatia from pot 2 wouldn’t be the end of they world. They’ve been pretty poor recently. 

In all honesty I don’t care that much as long as we get there. Some sort of hope of getting out of the group would be nice but I’ll worry about that next March if we make it. 

It will be really weird being in the draw without being confirmed.  I don't think there will be any excitement from our fans which is a bit of a shame really.

As for the draw.  We'd want to avoid France and Portugal.  Any other combination gives us a chance with home advantage in the two games, especially as 3 points can get you out a group.  

If the draw is kind, we won't make it.  So maybe we want France and Portugal...just in case.  

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

It will be really weird being in the draw without being confirmed.  I don't think there will be any excitement from our fans which is a bit of a shame really.

As for the draw.  We'd want to avoid France and Portugal.  Any other combination gives us a chance with home advantage in the two games, especially as 3 points can get you out a group.  

If the draw is kind, we won't make it.  So maybe we want France and Portugal...just in case.  

You do realise this is nonsense?

Unless you mean the players will bottle it in the playoffs if they think they have a chance of getting out the group?

If I was in the squad I think I'd be more likely to shite myself in the playoffs if we did get France and Portugal. We could end up getting beat 5-0 or worse three times in the space of 10 days. Nobody needs that shit.

38 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You do realise this is nonsense?

Unless you mean the players will bottle it in the playoffs if they think they have a chance of getting out the group?

If I was in the squad I think I'd be more likely to shite myself in the playoffs if we did get France and Portugal. We could end up getting beat 5-0 or worse three times in the space of 10 days. Nobody needs that shit.

Aye, I think that's what he means. Potentially getting drawn in the easiest group available to then go out to Israel would be unsurprising.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

Robert Lewandowski terrifies me. 

More than Mbappe or Griezmann?

I’d much rather have Poland from pot 2 than France. 

Anyway, John McGinn scored more goals in the qualifiers than Lewandowski so Poland should be terrified of him. 😂

21 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

More than Mbappe or Griezmann?

I’d much rather have Poland from pot 2 than France. 

Anyway, John McGinn scored more goals in the qualifiers than Lewandowski so Poland should be terrified of him. 😂

Haha obviously not!