Play Off Opponent Profiles - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Opponent Profiles

Super_Scotlandfan

6 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Sorry, should have been clearer.

I was just asking what you were implying by stating that Haaland and McBurnie have scored the same amount of international goals.

I knew what you meant. I was making a joke based on you often asking “explain what you mean by.....” 

I was also joking regarding McBurnie and Haaland. They have both scored 0 international goals which suggests they are of equal ability which is obviously not true. I find having to explain jokes very tiring so I don’t think I’ll bother anymore. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I knew what you meant. I was making a joke based on you often asking “explain what you mean by.....” 

I was also joking regarding McBurnie and Haaland. They have both scored 0 international goals which suggests they are of equal ability which is obviously not true. I find having to explain jokes very tiring so I don’t think I’ll bother anymore. 

Sorry, I know it’s difficult to convey sarcasm or a joking tone on an Internet forum.

I genuinely thought you were trying to claim that Haaland was nothing to worry about, because he hadn’t scored in his two international appearances. 😂

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Sorry, I know it’s difficult to convey sarcasm or a joking tone on an Internet forum.

I genuinely thought you were trying to claim that Haaland was nothing to worry about, because he hadn’t scored in his two international appearances. 😂

Oh, he’s certainly something to worry about but I’m not going to lose any sleep over him until it’s confirmed that we are playing Norway in the final. Life’s too short to worry about something that might never happen. 

I don’t find it difficult to convey sarcasm. Perhaps you find it difficult to infer it?

Edited by Texas Pete

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Oh, he’s certainly something to worry about but I’m not going to lose any sleep over him until it’s confirmed that we are playing Norway in the final. Life’s too short to worry about something that might never happen. 

I don’t find it difficult to convey sarcasm. Perhaps you find it difficult to infer it?

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

Because you can’t always judge a person’s tone from a message, it’s sometimes easy to get the wrong end of the stick!

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

37 goals by half-way through February?

I thought he was just on a bit of a hot streak, I didn’t realise he’d been doing it all season.

How did Dortmund get him for only 20 million Euros? Was his contract up in the summer?

20 million was the buy out clause he had into his contract with Salzburg when he signed from Molde

I believe the one he was with Dortmund is "only" around 80m so he'll be off to one of the elite soon enough I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

20 million was the buy out clause he had into his contract with Salzburg when he signed from Molde

I believe the one he was with Dortmund is "only" around 80m so he'll be off to one of the elite soon enough I'm sure.

Seems to have a good idea what his career will look like and a good team around him. 

He can’t score every game 😬

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Surely that's impossible, wearing football boots on grass? 

It was done from a running start, as opposed to the athletes who have a standing start, so it’s not a fair comparison at all.

It’s a nice soundbite, or a nice bit of clickbait, but a total non-story.

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

Too right. I think he has about six hat-tricks this season, he can probably get six hat-tricks in 90 minutes against Scottish Premiership defenders.

I’d be surprised if any Scottish Premiership defenders start against Israel. Depends on injury issues though I suppose.