Who's chancing their luck with final flights? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who's chancing their luck with final flights?

weekevie04

5 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Aye not if you've paid to move your flight to sunday 😩

Aw ffs 🙈
So after the initial change on the Edinburgh-Oslo flight you’ve then decided to fly out Sunday instead at further cost to ensure you make the Belgrade flight?

I decided that was all too much hassle for something that may not even be needed (if Israel beat us). I thought I’d worry about it if and when I needed to but things luckily worked out anyway. 

Edited by McTeeko

7 hours ago, TartanSam said:

Where is everyone seeing the return flight from Belgrade to Edinburgh via Oslo, only one i can see is a 20 hour wait in Oslo😂and there is no chance of that happening

I’ve no booked return flights yet. No point until you know what country you’ll be flying home from. 

On 12/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, hamilton wanderer said:

I’m going out on Sunday night also to make sure I could make the Belgrade flight

Ditto, flying to Oslo via Tallinn on the Sunday and then to Belgrade from Oslo on Monday night. Too cheap not to book. Just leaves 1 flight to book whatever happens. 

Worst comes to the worst and I'll have a wee 3 day break in Tallinn  :)

I'm travelling from New York for semi-final and decided I'd do a "Norway Vacation" irrespective of result.

I've got friends in Noway and they tell me that "Scotsmen Pub" in Olso is a good place to watch matches ...

I've booked flight to Oslo on 30th from London and then fly home to NY on 1st April.  Hopefully it will be Norway vs Scotland, but at worst a vacation in Oslo

10 hours ago, metroscot said:

I'm travelling from New York for semi-final and decided I'd do a "Norway Vacation" irrespective of result.

I've got friends in Noway and they tell me that "Scotsmen Pub" in Olso is a good place to watch matches ...

I've booked flight to Oslo on 30th from London and then fly home to NY on 1st April.  Hopefully it will be Norway vs Scotland, but at worst a vacation in Oslo

Only £54 direct to Belgrade... just sayin ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked Stansted to Oslo Sunday 29th March on Ryanair for me and the Mrs. 14.99 each for the basics. You can fly from there to Belgrade if needed or Wizzair go direct to Belgrade from Luton. Will do the return when we know where we're going - if anywhere! Cheap enough if you need to loose the Oslo flight. 

Booking both Oslo and Belgrade:

For Oslo:

Sat 28th March - Edinburgh to Gdansk £13

Sun 29th March - Gdansk to Oslo £9

Weds 1st April - Oslo to Gdansk £8

Thurs 2nd April - Gdansk to Edinburgh £12 -------------------- Total £42

For Belgrade:

Fri 27th March - Edinburgh to Gothenburg £17

Sat 28th March - Gothenburg to Belgrade £35 (pricey)

Weds 1st April - Belgrade to Malta £13

Thurs 2nd April - Malta to Edinburgh £22 -------------------- Total £87

Altogether £129... for 8 flights. LOL. Fail to beat Israel? Wee holiday in Gdansk or Belgrade.

5 hours ago, argylescribes said:

I've booked flights to Oslo and an apartment, so it will be either seeing Scotland in Norway, or a piss up in Oslo and watch us on TV if we are away to Serbia!

That’s exactly my plan. I can’t make Serbia so just have to hope for Norway which I have booked for.

Booked Manchester/Oslo return 30th /1st £60...……….And Liverpool to Belgrade £50  same dates( Easyjet via Geneva)….Coming back via Dortmund /Dusseldorf.....Around £150 total covering all the bases.. Stay in a few Friday nights, paid for....At least we will know before Israel match where we are going. And after a glorious one nil last minute victory. Plenty will be trying last minute flights... I think even losing a couple of flights, will save a few quid.....

On 1/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, WCTA said:

That’s exactly my plan. I can’t make Serbia so just have to hope for Norway which I have booked for.

How can ye no make Serbia? flights are favourable.. 

I'm booked up on the Edi - Oslo and Oslo - Belgrade legs so only need a rtn flight for wherever the game is going to be. Am booked into same hotel as you for the Sunday night and got a free cancellation for the next few nights if we are in Oslo. 
I think if we get there it will be In Serbia tho. 

On 1/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, Bzzzz said:

I'm booked up on the Edi - Oslo and Oslo - Belgrade legs so only need a rtn flight for wherever the game is going to be. Am booked into same hotel as you for the Sunday night and got a free cancellation for the next few nights if we are in Oslo. 

Belgrade disnae work oot tae catch my flight back tae Naziville.

On 1/9/2020 at 4:15 PM, Bzzzz said:

Which flight are you on that goes from Oslo to Belgrade?

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Which flight are you on that goes from Oslo to Belgrade?

Monday 30th @ 1805, still available at £52. It's one way so I thought I'd take a gamble on it. 

That means all I need to organise is a rtn  flight. 

If its Oslo or Belgrade then cool and if we dont qualify theres an option to have a wee break in Tallin as it's way cheaper but I might just see if I can get a ticket to whichever game it might be anyway as further punishment  😂

On 1/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, BinosWest said:

Booking both Oslo and Belgrade:

For Oslo:

Sat 28th March - Edinburgh to Gdansk £13

Sun 29th March - Gdansk to Oslo £9

Weds 1st April - Oslo to Gdansk £8

Thurs 2nd April - Gdansk to Edinburgh £12 -------------------- Total £42

For Belgrade:

Fri 27th March - Edinburgh to Gothenburg £17

Sat 28th March - Gothenburg to Belgrade £35 (pricey)

Weds 1st April - Belgrade to Malta £13

Thurs 2nd April - Malta to Edinburgh £22 -------------------- Total £87

Altogether £129... for 8 flights. LOL. Fail to beat Israel? Wee holiday in Gdansk or Belgrade.

Changed our route to Belgrade.

Friday 27th - Edinburgh to Milan Bergamo £10

Saturday 28th - Milan Bergamo to Nis £9

Bus from Nis to Belgrade is 8 euro and takes 3 hours.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:24 PM, BinosWest said:

Changed our route to Belgrade.

Friday 27th - Edinburgh to Milan Bergamo £10

Saturday 28th - Milan Bergamo to Nis £9

Bus from Nis to Belgrade is 8 euro and takes 3 hours.

Trans Siberian Express no running that week?   😂

• 1 month later...

Have thrown caution to the wind and booked return flights from Glasgow to Serbia via Luton. Its Belgrade or bust.

I must be mad, whilst every bugger in the world is cancelling their travel I have booked a trip to a city that will probably be wetter than Glasgow for a game that wont exist.