Who's chancing their luck with final flights? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who's chancing their luck with final flights?

weekevie04

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Got £45 return from Stansted to Oslo on match day and to return next day. 

If its Serbia, then I battle it out with the rest of you on my phone in Hampden (I presume all the KO's are the same time?) . 

Announced today that the other semi is a 1700 ko so we’ll know our potential final opponents before we start our semi.

5 of us have risked booking an option for both games;

If its Norway

Mon - edin to Gothenburg ryanair. Then train or bus to Oslo 3.5hrs. 

Wed - Oslo to edin Via Budapest

If its Serbia

Sun - Edin to Budapest. Then transfer down to Belgrade and back Mon-wed. 3.5hrs and about £25 each way. 

Wed - Buda to edin (Same as the second leg from oslo)

Cost £180. Booked via opodo and paid for cancel for any reason. Pays back 80% if you cancel up to 24 hrs before the first flight. Max this should cost us £50 if we don't go. 

Also the chance if we dont make it, that Hungary could be at home for in Budapest the Wednesday night against Iceland or Romania. 

52 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

HOW are they gonna work tickets for the final. 

Just can't see it running smoothly at all unless it is an electronic ticket sent to email / phone device but somehow don't think Belgrade will have the technology at the turnstiles - I may be wrong. 

First come first served at an Irish bar, at 10pm the night before the game.

I went for return flights to Budapest in Hungary (£80)

Booked a flight from Budapest to Oslo (£40)

Booked a return bus from Budapest to Belgrade (£40)

All options covered pretty cheaply. Worst case (most likely) scenario is a wee holiday in Budapest or potentially go to the Norway/Serbia v Israel final if we don't make it.

On Skyscanner, I saw (and booked) a one-way Gatwick to Belgrade (via Oslo) for £100

Belgrade via Oslo?! That seemed ideal.

If we get Serbia, I'll change flights in Oslo and proceed to Belgrade.

If we get Norway, I'll just get off the first flight and leave the airport* at Oslo and not bother with the 2nd flight.

*Hand luggage only for this to work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 3:08 PM, WCTA said:

Booked Oslo flights.

Out from Edinburgh with SAS 10.45 on the 30th.

Back to Edinburgh day after the game the 1st. 

Outgoing flight has been moved a couple of hours later. Best to check if you have a Belgrade onwards flight from Oslo. 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Just got an email saying the flight home had been moved forward, but only by 30 mins, you're on the same one as me I believe?

Aye, no email as I booked with a travel company instead of the airline but on the flight website it’s changed. No worries with something as small as this though. Teeko can keep me updated on the flight going there and you can do the same coming back. 😋

11 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Aye fecked us up well and truly 😡

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Me a’naw 😠

Just had an email from Norwegian Airlines to say that Oslo to Belgrade flight has also changed! Now departing at 18:05 so everything falls into place again! 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko