Who's chancing their luck with final flights? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who's chancing their luck with final flights?

weekevie04

It's a very tough draw. It already was if we had Norway or Serbia coming to Glasgow ; but this is going to be very hard to get through.

Anyhoos, Norway are undefeated in fifteen at home and have a feeling they will knock Serbia out either in 90mins or ET/penalties. I'd argue Serbia have the better squad of players, but Lagerback gets teams grinding and working together  - SFA of course passed him up, FFS! Anyhoos, its a 50/50 game and it could go either way ; but looking at flights (I've not scanned Belgrade) but Oslo with Norwegian is reasonably cheap and tempted to go for it.

Two issues - what if we go out and what if Norway go out! The local Irish bar to watch the final between Serbia and Israel? Haha!

I heard Ally Ross (Sun TV man) on Hawksbee and Jacobs today saying he was looking to book flights to both cities. I think I'm too much of a Scot to be doing that and potentially loose money  and just risk it booking one. Also, if its Norway can't someone skipper a ship across!

Then again maybe Belgrade would be a cheaper party/drink your sorrows night though..

Has anyone booked or looking/mulling over things?

Booked outgoing flights to Oslo on 30th March. £70. If it’s Serbia we end up playing I can (currently) get flights to Belgrade from Oslo for £43 (that may change nearer the time obviously). 
I’ll worry about return flights later.....

Booked hotels through Booking.com. No pre-payment required and free cancellation 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

3 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Booked to Oslo from Monday to Wednesday on the basis that Norway are at home.

Depending on finances I may just have to watch us play Serbia in some Norwegian boozer if the Serbs win the semi lol

That's my plan, I'll meet you for a beer. Might be in some Irish boozer watching a Serbia - Israel final with some fellow depressed Scots and Norwegians! 🥵

Not brave enough to book beyond what I have booked so far....

Sunday Edinburgh - Hamburg

Wednesday Munich - Edinburgh

cost me £50, and from Hamburg there is a number of options for onward travel to Belgrade and Oslo (from Hamburg and a couple of hours away like Berlin).... if game is Norway, then will have Sunday night in Hamburg and Monday night in Berlin, before a early o’clock flight to Oslo (less time in Oslo the better....).

Way back the flight home from Munich is at 10pm, and there is plenty of flights from Oslo and Belgrade that can get me in late morning, then have a few hours in Munich before home.

happy enough with this as covers all bases for getting to both places with relative ease and at not great cost.

Edited by wanderer

Edinburgh to Berlin return 28th-2nd £70
Berlin to Budapest return 30th-1st £40
Berlin to Oslo return 30th-1st £60

Both cities covered. If we lose and the rumoured friendly doesn't materialise then I'll have a nice wee trip to Berlin & Budapest (Oslo can bolt)

9 minutes ago, Frazerbob said:

Edinburgh to Berlin return 28th-2nd £70
Berlin to Budapest return 30th-1st £40
Berlin to Oslo return 30th-1st £60

Both cities covered. If we lose and the rumoured friendly doesn't materialise then I'll have a nice wee trip to Berlin & Budapest (Oslo can bolt)

Budapest??

1 minute ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Do we know if the final will definitely be in Oslo / Bucharest? I know we’ve previously played in Molde / Novi sad

*Belgrade

yes, both Norwegian and Serbian FA have it on their websites that final will be in either Belgrade or Oslo.

32 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Remember what happened this season when the Killie fans booked for the second round in Belgrade ..............

Some would say they jinxed it.

Been some talk that the two beaten semi-finalists will play each other, and the game will be in Oslo or Belgrade, so if turns out to be true then some gambles could actually pay off regardless.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Been some talk that the two beaten semi-finalists will play each other, and the game will be in Oslo or Belgrade, so if turns out to be true then some gambles could actually pay off regardless.

The last game I’d be attending would be a pishy friendly between two losers. Couldn’t think of a worst game to go to 😩

Guest ElChris04

Was looking at the Norway and Serbia teams are Serbia are far better in every position. Norway have Håland,Odegaard,Berge,Elyounoussi,Ajer 

Serbia have quality in nearly every position.
Looking at the positives though Serbia conceded goals to really shite teams like Luxembourg And the same applies for Norway with Malta and so on. 
These teams do concede

If we have our best players and give everyone we have who knows. The teams are definitely beatable. We have the midfield. Fullbacks. And hopefully Griff back we’ll have that level of quality to take the game to them. We just need a big mentality shift to believe we’re every bit as good. 

hopefully Clarke has the power to do that. 

41 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Was looking at the Norway and Serbia teams are Serbia are far better in every position. Norway have Håland,Odegaard,Berge,Elyounoussi,Ajer 

Serbia have quality in nearly every position.
Looking at the positives though Serbia conceded goals to really shite teams like Luxembourg And the same applies for Norway with Malta and so on. 
These teams do concede

If we have our best players and give everyone we have who knows. The teams are definitely beatable. We have the midfield. Fullbacks. And hopefully Griff back we’ll have that level of quality to take the game to them. We just need a big mentality shift to believe we’re every bit as good. 

hopefully Clarke has the power to do that. 

Agree.

I think Serbia have the better squad overall with some world class players. Mitrovic's scoring rate for them is unbelievable. Yet Norway are a sturdier side under Lagerback, they have some good players and Haaland is the best young player in Europe at the moment, IMO but we surely can compete with them to a certain extent.

I'd take an Oslo crowd over Belgrade/Novi Sad as well for atmosphere and scaring the horses. Although we did get humped in Oslo thanks to G Caldwell's red card.

The second half of Kazakhstan - Aye, I know, Kazakhstan - was genuinely exciting. If we had a goalscorer playing too, it could well have been more. We created lots of chances and  I fancied us to score every time we drove forward.

Long way to go I suppose and 4 months til the game.

Guest ElChris04
3 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Agree.

I think Serbia have the better squad overall with some world class players. Mitrovic's scoring rate for them is unbelievable. Yet Norway are a sturdier side under Lagerback, they have some good players and Haaland is the best young player in Europe at the moment, IMO but we surely can compete with them to a certain extent.

I'd take an Oslo crowd over Belgrade/Novi Sad as well for atmosphere and scaring the horses. Although we did get humped in Oslo thanks to G Caldwell's red card.

The second half of Kazakhstan - Aye, I know, Kazakhstan - was genuinely exciting. If we had a goalscorer playing too, it could well have been more. We created lots of chances and  I fancied us to score every time we drove forward.

Long way to go I suppose and 4 months til the game.

definitely with the crowd aswell is another factor. Belgrade’s crowd and the atmosphere they create is usually always mental. Another factor I’d take over Norway. Håland for me out of both teams is the most dangerous player who can hurt us but for overall team quality Serbia edge it. But doesn’t all work like that. 

hopefully the next 4 months we’ll have players in form. Our best strikers scoring and who knows? Maybe even a few of our best prospects getting a breakthrough. 

will be an interesting journey none the less and one I feel confident in with Clarke. 

2 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

definitely with the crowd aswell is another factor. Belgrade’s crowd and the atmosphere they create is usually always mental. Another factor I’d take over Norway. Håland for me out of both teams is the most dangerous player who can hurt us but for overall team quality Serbia edge it. But doesn’t all work like that. 

hopefully the next 4 months we’ll have players in form. Our best strikers scoring and who knows? Maybe even a few of our best prospects getting a breakthrough. 

will be an interesting journey none the less and one I feel confident in with Clarke. 

Likewise.

I was fairly depressed after the last three Russia/Belgian games - I thought we actually did alright in Brussels (lost 2 goals in added time of each half) and first half-ish of Russia at Hampden we did OK ; but the other two games were hard going - but the last three games have helped a lot and I think/hope we are starting to see the makings of this team.

Hoping for the best, and would be amazing if we got there. I'm trying to tell myself that if we don't then it might well have been a disaster of a tournament anyway (with that potential group) suppose we'll see next Sat what our group may look like.

Onwards and upwards.

Booked return flights from Amsterdam to Belgrade and Oslo with excellent flight times, will be heading to one for a jolly if Scotland don’t make it. Only writing off £90 so not much of a gamble considering the hassle and price increases if Scotland win the semi.