Well said Broony. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well said Broony.

Big Ramy 1314

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ScottishFootball/comments/dznqdd/we_need_to_make_sure_we_try_and_give_scotland_as/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf 

Posted the same on Reddit and it got quite the reception, be warned though there is some comments that make you question your sanity. 

That is a dark, cold place! 

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm usually with you in most things mate but don't see much wrong here. 

He was probably asked the questioned and answered it in the best way possible. 

I'm still nae a fan but I'd be willing to bet he will be jealous as fuck at this opportunity the rest of the team has

Agreed.

12 hours ago, WCTA said:

Walking out once on Scotland is definitely questionable. Maybe his reasons might have been genuine, maybe not. But to fuck us around a second time and our management team allowing that to happen was embarrassing and simply out of order. For him now to suddenly decide to mouth off about what’s right and wrong for us leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

For what it’s worth I fully agree that the authorities need to do everything they can to help here. It’s just galling reading this cock try to make out that he has our best interests at heart.  Broon will be mouthing off for attention as usual. 

He's not mouthing off, he was asked a question and gave an answer.

You don't have to be angry all the time.

Chill.

Brown is bang on here, it's what we've all been saying since Tuesday night and something talked about already by Clarke. 

Regards the man himself, i'm prone to a bit of hypocrisy here; usually I want players who retire to stay retired, but Scott Brown is exactly the sort of player we've missed since the moment he retired and makes such a difference to the celtic team, as he did to the Scotland team. If he wanted back in, I'd not tell him to bolt. 

Same with that other perennial retiree, Steven Fletcher. 

I do think we'll be able to make it without them, though, which would obviously be preferable. Going cap in hand to players who patched us in the past is galling and not a little embarrassing. 

A conundrum, sure enough. 

Anyway, it's no like he has come out with this statement. He gave an honest answer to a question. An answer every man and his dug agree wi, anawl. 

Edited by AndyDD

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Brown is bang on here, it's what we've all been saying since Tuesday night and something talked about already by Clarke. 

Regards the man himself, i'm prone to a bit of hypocrisy here; usually I want players who retire to stay retired, but Scott Brown is exactly the sort of player we've missed since the moment he retired and makes such a difference to the celtic team, as he did to the Scotland team. If he wanted back in, I'd not tell him to bolt. 

Same with that other perennial retiree, Steven Fletcher. 

I do think we'll be able to make it without them, though, which would obviously be preferable. Going cap in hand to players who patched us in the past is galling and not a little embarrassing. 

A conundrum, sure enough. 

Anyway, it's no like he has come out with this statement. He gave an honest answer to a question. An answer every man and his dug agree wi, anawl. 

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The key to this is Steve Clarke. If he thinks Brown can still bring something to the team, and approaches him, then Brown will be back. If he doesn't, then it's a complete non-issue.

I'm happy to trust Steve Clarke's judgement.

I was going to post my thoughts but I wholeheartedly echo both of these posts. Fair play to you @AndyDD and @Barney Rubble

Asked if he would consider yet another comeback if the Scots reach their first major finals since France '98, the Celtic captain said: 'Football's a funny game and you never know.

'They still have two games to get through but... you never say never.

I'm in a good place fitness-wise and in terms of my body. I make sure I keep myself ticking over.

'The international breaks have been incredible for me - they've allowed me to go away and relax, play golf and recharge my batteries.

'That's been good for me and I retired from international football to prolong my career and I don't want to be that guy who keeps quitting and then thinking he can come back.

'I'm going to be 35 soon and we're very strong in the middle of the park - there's a lot of young lads in that area.

'It's been hard for me to watch the games because you always want to be playing in them but, at the end of the day, I need to look after No1.

As much as I don't see a problem with what he said about the SPFL postponing matches, he should not be recalled if we get to the finals. 

9 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The key to this is Steve Clarke. If he thinks Brown can still bring something to the team, and approaches him, then Brown will be back. If he doesn't, then it's a complete non-issue.

I'm happy to trust Steve Clarke's judgement.

I highly doubt that but if it’s true it shouldn’t happen. 

Glory hunters can GTF. 

Edited by Texas Pete

I think a bit of perspective is needed here. If we qualify, we want to give ourselves the best possible chance of competing. Swallowing our pride may be necessary.

Currently we really struggle to put out a quality 11. As much as it would pain most of us to ask, we can't really be turning our noses up at players the calibre of Brown, A.McGregor, S.Fletcher, Snodgrass et al if they are willing. 

Even just to get their experience in the dressing room would be beneficial, if not to start them. I'd even get D.Fletcher in as a coach. 

1 minute ago, Tartan blood said:

I think a bit of perspective is needed here. If we qualify, we want to give ourselves the best possible chance of competing. Swallowing our pride may be necessary.

Currently we really struggle to put out a quality 11. As much as it would pain most of us to ask, we can't really be turning our noses up at players the calibre of Brown, A.McGregor, S.Fletcher, Snodgrass et al if they are willing. 

Even just to get their experience in the dressing room would be beneficial, if not to start them. I'd even get D.Fletcher in as a coach. 

Are you serious?

The players that get us to a major finals should be the guys that play there. 

So let me get this right.... If this group of players get us to a major finals, some people on here want us to then replace half of them with players who FAILED to get us to a major finals! It absolutely beggars belief! What have some of you rockets been taking! 

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Also, I wish we had a captain with a set of balls like Scott Brown. It's all about opinions.. 

We did have a captain with a set of balls exactly like Scott Brown... But they weren't actually that big a set of balls, because he walked out on us twice because he didnt like getting beat. 

He's a fanny... Every bit as much of a fanny as Fletcher, Snodgrass, Mcgregor and Tierney

20 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

We did have a captain with a set of balls exactly like Scott Brown... But they weren't actually that big a set of balls, because he walked out on us twice because he didnt like getting beat. 

Exactly.
It won’t matter though because Broon’s a Celtic hero, can’t do anything wrong if yer a hoops fan, blah blah blah. 🙄

53 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

So let me get this right.... If this group of players get us to a major finals, some people on here want us to then replace half of them with players who FAILED to get us to a major finals! It absolutely beggars belief! What have some of you rockets been taking! 

I get your sentiment here, but can't we draw a parallel with how English and Scottish club teams now play the league cup? Starting in the earlier stages with B-teams and bringing in the big guns as they progress? 

Here's my take on Brown.. He led Celtic into Rome, and knocked off a team that is 3rd in Seria A. He is playing the best football of his career. He is a born leader, a man that bosses the midfield, exactly what Scotland is missing. I am no having a go or disrespect the Scottish midfield at present, just saying I have no problem with Brown returning should it happen. He plays with McGregor , Forrest , and Christie, week in and week out. I am tired of missing big tournaments, it's been 21 long years, if Brown, Fletcher, Snodgrass can help get us there, then so be it.. The current squad beat Cyprus and Kazakhstan for ffs. Should we get through the semi final,, Serbia or Norway is a different beast all together. Just my honest opinion.  Alba Gu Brath...

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Are you serious?

The players that get us to a major finals should be the guys that play there. 

There is always 3 or 4 slots in the squad that are interchangeable. The vast majority of the players that get us there will play a huge part.

If we have an area of the park that can be significantly strengthened, and help us compete, then we should consider it. 

I understand regarding players like McArthur or Ritchie, who have rarely shown commitment. But Brown has 50+ caps and was captain for a lot of that. I think he's earned the right to be considered.

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Here's my take on Brown.. He led Celtic into Rome, and knocked off a team that is 3rd in Seria A. He is playing the best football of his career. He is a born leader, a man that bosses the midfield, exactly what Scotland is missing. I am no having a go or disrespect the Scottish midfield at present, just saying I have no problem with Brown returning should it happen. He plays with McGregor , Forrest , and Christie, week in and week out. I am tired of missing big tournaments, it's been 21 long years, if Brown, Fletcher, Snodgrass can help get us there, then so be it.. The current squad beat Cyprus and Kazakhstan for ffs. Should we get through the semi final,, Serbia or Norway is a different beast all together. Just my honest opinion.  Alba Gu Brath...

Would brown be better than what we already have.

1 minute ago, Tartan blood said:

There is always 3 or 4 slots in the squad that are interchangeable. The vast majority of the players that get us there will play a huge part.

If we have an area of the park that can be significantly strengthened, and help us compete, then we should consider it. 

I understand regarding players like McArthur or Ritchie, who have rarely shown commitment. But Brown has 50+ caps and was captain for a lot of that. I think he's earned the right to be considered.

Is it not a bit unfair to the guys who have gotten us there. We have plenty talent in that position.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Would brown be better than what we already have.

I dont have the answer, that's up to Steve Clark. All I was saying was I would have no problem with him returning.. is he better than what we have? It's a gamble, a dangerous gamble considering winner takes all... He may well be the answer, or he could upset the current chemistry, I dont know..

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Is it not a bit unfair to the guys who have gotten us there. We have plenty talent in that position.

Unfair, maybe. But you have to be ruthless in football to win. I'm not going to play anyone out of pity or some misguided notion they are more deserving out of loyalty. If it was club football, it wouldn't matter if you have 10 years of experience, you'll still be cut if you aren't the best for that position.

Only 16 players in the history of the national team have more caps than Brown. Let that sink in. If he is still the best player for that position, and willing, he should play.