Your Ideal Team For The Playoffs? - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Ideal Team For The Playoffs?

Guest ElChris04

It will be interesting to see who the Midfield / Forward(s) will be in a Months time? 

McGregor Armstrong Fleck playing well 

McTomminay on his way back, is it too late for McGinn? 

S.Naismith getting a run of games & Griffiths now back playing

12 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Its good options. If any of Mcginn, Mctominay, McGregor, Christie, Armstrong, fleck, forrest, Griffiths and Naismith are in the team I don't think anyone will be complaining too much.

I would be if Naismith is in the team. I think a lot of other people would be as well.

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

I would be if Naismith is in the team. I think a lot of other people would be as well.

You cant complain too much. Hes easily been our best striker recently. 

I doubt he will lead the line, as griffiths is likely a better candidate, but if he does I'm sure he will do a good job - as he always has. 

23 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

You cant complain too much. Hes easily been our best striker recently. 

I doubt he will lead the line, as griffiths is likely a better candidate, but if he does I'm sure he will do a good job - as he always has. 

He was our best Striker before Griffiths became available and before McBurnie stepped up his game.

I would be pretty disappointed If he was seen as first choice after a couple of displays against third class opposition.

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He was our best Striker before Griffiths became available and before McBurnie stepped up his game.

I would be pretty disappointed If he was seen as first choice after a couple of displays against third class opposition.

Pretty sure Naismith has done more over his career than any of the other two will ever achieve, so that counts for something too...along with his displays against shitey teams....like Israel.

Anyway I'm not arguing for him to start but folk are being drama queens if they are greeting because mcburney (who will never perform for scotland and is brain dead at best) or Griffiths (who is just back from fuck knows what) don't start. 

It really won't make much of a difference either way. 

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Pretty sure Naismith has done more over his career than any of the other two will ever achieve, so that counts for something too...along with his displays against shitey teams....like Israel.

Anyway I'm not arguing for him to start but folk are being drama queens if they are greeting because mcburney (who will never perform for scotland and is brain dead at best) or Griffiths (who is just back from fuck knows what) don't start. 

Aye... We should just stick Kenny Miller up fr

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Show a bit of respect in the way you talk about our players.

McBurnie’s career is still on the up, and doesn’t have very much further to ascend to be fairly comparable to Naismith’s. Also, we are picking a team for a playoff in March 2020, it’s got nothing to do with players’ whole careers.

2 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Show a bit of respect in the way you talk about our players.

McBurnie’s career is still on the up, and doesn’t have very much further to ascend to be fairly comparable to Naismith’s. Also, we are picking a team for a playoff in March 2020, it’s got nothing to do with players’ whole careers.

You should seek therapy and I'm not joking. 

9 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

What are you talking about?

Your obsession with mcburney is neurotic and doesn't seem healthy. 

The fact you are demanding respect for a guy that couldn't be a worse role model if he tried is bizarre. 

While then tying to say he's almost on a career par with naismith is spark out mental. One player has 50 caps and 10 international goals, is a leader on the park, a passionate scot and an ambassador off the field.  The other has 9 caps, 0 international goals, a drink driving charge and is quoted as saying that he hates playing for Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Your obsession with mcburney is neurotic and doesn't seem healthy. 

The fact you are demanding respect for a guy that couldn't be a worse role model if he tried is bizarre. 

While then tying to say he's almost on a career par with naismith is spark out mental. One player has 50 caps and 10 international goals, is a leader on the park, a passionate scot and an ambassador off the field.  The other has 9 caps, 0 international goals, a drink driving charge and is quoted as saying that he hates playing for Scotland. 

It’s McBurnie.

I don’t have an obsession with Oli McBurnie, but I’d love to see our players treated fairly and with a bit of respect.

I totally agree, drink-driving is appalling, almost unforgivable behaviour.

I don’t think that it makes sense to compare career statistics of a 23(?)-year-old to a 33(?)-year-old though. That’s not a fair comparison. Obviously that’s not what the team gets picked on either, otherwise the older players would have a huge advantage!

Just now, dohadeer said:

It’s McBurnie.

I don’t have an obsession with Oli McBurnie, but I’d love to see our players treated fairly and with a bit of respect.

I totally agree, drink-driving is appalling, almost unforgivable behaviour.

I don’t think that it makes sense to compare career statistics of a 23(?)-year-old to a 33(?)-year-old though. That’s not a fair comparison. Obviously that’s not what the team gets picked on either, otherwise the older players would have a huge advantage!

I hope you are a troll. Otherwise...fuck me man. 

You corrected my spelling...I don't know what's worse the thought of you not seeing the irony in that or it being deliberate irony to wind me up.

Also....you were the one who made the comparison you walloper 😂

9 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I hope you are a troll. Otherwise...fuck me man. 

You corrected my spelling...I don't know what's worse the thought of you not seeing the irony in that or it being deliberate irony to wind me up.

Also....you were the one who made the comparison you walloper 😂

Why’s it ironic that I corrected your spelling?

There’s no need to call me a ‘walloper.’ I don’t see where the aggression has come from?

I wasn’t comparing career statistics, as obviously Naismith has around a 5-year advantage on Griffiths, and a 10-year advantage on McBurnie iterms of age. You said that Griffiths and McBurnie would NEVER achieve what Naismith has, and I pointed out that McBurnie was already playing at around the highest level that Naismith reached in his career, (top half of the English Premiership.)

Comparing career statistics would be silly due to the age gaps, and pointless as international selection is made based on current/recent performances, rather than a career as a whole.

I just don't see how McGregor can get the nod ahead of Fleck after last night's performance. Those are the games you want to see him stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck but he just floated around the periphery. Fleck is doing everything McGregor is doing at a much higher level, he deserves to start the play off games and going by McTominay’s return last night he should be beside him. 

Edited by bazmidd

14 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

I just don't see how McGregor can get the nod ahead of Fleck after last night's performance. Those are the games you want to see him stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck but he just floated around the periphery. Fleck is doing everything McGregor is doing at a much higher level, he deserves to start the play off games and going by McTominay’s return last night he should be beside him. 

It amazes me the amount of folk that can't actually see, or understand, this. 

International fitba teams should be selected on current form at the highest possible level... Fleck beats Mcgregor comfortably on both counts

30 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Good point. 

Get fleck in. 

13 players now 

Marshall

Palmer Cooper mckenna robertson

Forrest mctominay fleck fraser

Armstrong/christie

Griffiths

That would be my team for the play offs. Maybe replace Marshall with Kelly or someone else as I don't think Marshall has been playing much.