Your Ideal Team For The Playoffs? - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Ideal Team For The Playoffs?

Guest ElChris04

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

That would be my team for the play offs. Maybe replace Marshall with Kelly or someone else as I don't think Marshall has been playing much. 

Marshall has been a regular for Wigan recently. Check their lineups.

Have a look what the QPR fans are saying about Kelly. Very nervy it seems.

13 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Marshall

Palmer Cooper mckenna robertson

Forrest mctominay fleck fraser

Armstrong/christie

Griffiths

That would be my team for the play offs. Maybe replace Marshall with Kelly or someone else as I don't think Marshall has been playing much. 

I agree if Mcginn isn't 100%. I think keep Armstrong where he is then play Christie is place of fraser. Sorted. 

55 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Marshall

Palmer Cooper mckenna robertson

Forrest mctominay fleck fraser

Armstrong/christie

Griffiths

Is McKenna not playing like an absolute coo just now? 

12 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Why’s it ironic that I corrected your spelling?

There’s no need to call me a ‘walloper.’ I don’t see where the aggression has come from?

I wasn’t comparing career statistics, as obviously Naismith has around a 5-year advantage on Griffiths, and a 10-year advantage on McBurnie iterms of age. You said that Griffiths and McBurnie would NEVER achieve what Naismith has, and I pointed out that McBurnie was already playing at around the highest level that Naismith reached in his career, (top half of the English Premiership.)

Comparing career statistics would be silly due to the age gaps, and pointless as international selection is made based on current/recent performances, rather than a career as a whole.

I'll let you ponder over the irony. 

I'm glad you agree it's ridiculous to compare the careers of somebody like naismith and all he has achieved vs nobodies like mcburney. It certainly sounded like you were trying to do that when you said - 'McBurnie’s career is still on the up, and doesn’t have very much further to ascend to be fairly comparable to Naismiths.

He is nowhere near being comparable, as we've  now agreed. And I'm sure we can also all agree, as scotland supporters, that the highest level these players can perform at is at international level...not Sheffield Utd for fuck sake. 

International selection is based on form - but it's also based on experience, character, leadership and intelligence. Attributes that mcburney is significantly lacking and i'm sure will rightfully play a part in Clarke's selection. 

21 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I'll let you ponder over the irony. 

I'm glad you agree it's ridiculous to compare the careers of somebody like naismith and all he has achieved vs nobodies like mcburney. It certainly sounded like you were trying to do that when you said - 'McBurnie’s career is still on the up, and doesn’t have very much further to ascend to be fairly comparable to Naismiths.

He is nowhere near being comparable, as we've  now agreed. And I'm sure we can also all agree, as scotland supporters, that the highest level these players can perform at is at international level...not Sheffield Utd for fuck sake. 

International selection is based on form - but it's also based on experience, character, leadership and intelligence. Attributes that mcburney is significantly lacking and i'm sure will rightfully play a part in Clarke's selection. 

Why are you deliberately spelling his name incorrectly?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I don’t see why not. Bournemouth aren’t great this season

I am actually surprised christie hasn't had serious interest from epl clubs. The guy has scored and assisted a hell of alot of goals for a central midfielder. He would be an excellent signing for someone like Bournemouth etc. 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Does that include Steve Clarke? 

It absolutely does but I think he already knows this. We need to try to get a settled back four and then build momentum. If we can manage to get through it will mean more to players and stop the persistent call offs that other nations don’t seem to have.

1 hour ago, sandyb said:

It absolutely does but I think he already knows this. We need to try to get a settled back four and then build momentum. If we can manage to get through it will mean more to players and stop the persistent call offs that other nations don’t seem to have.

So you are happy to keep our back four that didn't even keep a clean sheet in our last two games against, lets just say average teams

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So you are happy to keep our back four that didn't even keep a clean sheet in our last two games against, lets just say average teams

Is it not clear what am I saying or have you got a punchline?

just to be clear..... i am saying play the 2 centre backs who are in form, playing at the highest level out of all our potential players in that position and get a settled back four.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

McKenna off with a hamstring injury on the same day Souttar does his achilles so looks like it's parisinakilt and Wallpaper Ricky at CB for the playoffs.

Souttar wouldn’t have started against Israel and I’m not sure if McKenna would have either.

I just hope we don’t get any other injuries in that position or we could be in big trouble. 

1 hour ago, sandyb said:

Is it not clear what am I saying or have you got a punchline?

just to be clear..... i am saying play the 2 centre backs who are in form, playing at the highest level out of all our potential players in that position and get a settled back four.

Apologies, so you are not saying that we should continue with the current back four  but build a new one then stick to it?