Your Ideal Team For The Playoffs? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Ideal Team For The Playoffs?

Guest ElChris04

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

As I've mentioned elsewhere, if McGregor is fit he starts. He started all 14 matches in the Nations League and qualifying. 

McGinn has forced his way into an automatic selection. 

I'm a big Forrest fan and I think Fraser is our best player.

That leaves one space in my team. Could pick either McTominay or Christie. Probably demands who we are playing. 

McGregor ahead of McTominay!? 🤔

Home

Marshall

Paterson Souttar McKenna Robertson

McGinn Jack 
McLean                              Forrest

Fraser 

Griff / Naisy

Away

Marshall

McKenna Souttar Tierney

Paterson                           Robertson 

Jack McGinn McTom

Fraser 

Griff / Naisy

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

Home

Marshall

Paterson Souttar McKenna Robertson

McGinn Jack 
McLean                              Forrest

Fraser 

Griff / Naisy

Away

Marshall

McKenna Souttar Tierney

Paterson                           Robertson 

Jack McGinn McTom

Fraser 

Griff / Naisy

Would not like to see either of those teams being selected. 

Calum Paterson is a poor right back, worse than Palmer. 

No Christie is weird especially playing McLean in the position Christie has played really well in the last 3 games. 

Fraser in the hole is a new one and although in sure he would do well there, McGinn has that position nailed down and rightly so. 

8 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Would not like to see either of those teams being selected. 

Calum Paterson is a poor right back, worse than Palmer. 

No Christie is weird especially playing McLean in the position Christie has played really well in the last 3 games. 

Fraser in the hole is a new one and although in sure he would do well there, McGinn has that position nailed down and rightly so. 

IMO Christie and McGinn are first names on the team sheet. I would have hoped Fraser would have kicked on enough to become another but his form looks patchy this year. 

--------------------------MArshall--------------------------

Palmer----Mckenna---Cooper-----Robertson

-------------McTominey-MCGregor------------

Christie-----------McGinn----------------Fraser

--------------------Naismith------------------

I would prefer Griffiths up top but I can't see him being ready or being on form. 

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

IMO Christie and McGinn are first names on the team sheet. I would have hoped Fraser would have kicked on enough to become another but his form looks patchy this year. 

--------------------------MArshall--------------------------

Palmer----Mckenna---Cooper-----Robertson

-------------McTominey-MCGregor------------

Christie-----------McGinn----------------Fraser

--------------------Naismith------------------

I would prefer Griffiths up top but I can't see him being ready or being on form. 

That would be my team also with only thing up for debate in my mind is Fraser or Forrest.

Players too good to be benched: Robertson, Tierney, McTominay, Christie, McGinn

You may or may not agree, but I believe these are the players to fit the team around. If we can find a system to incorporate all of them effectively, then that is a fantastic core.

Fraser and Forrest would be included if they weren't fighting it out for the same position. But that's a good problem to have. Also, a fully fit Griffiths would be the first name on the team sheet. I'd like to see him go out on loan for the second half of the season if he isn't going to play much for Celtic. We badly need a striker of his calibre match sharp.

Marshall

Tierney     McKenna    Mulgrew    Robertson

McTominay McGregor

Christie           McGinn           Fraser

Griffiths

Centre back is still a very big worry. Mulgrew edges it based on his experience, passion and occasional attacking threat. McKenna gets in based on his potential and physicality, though I wouldn't be averse to dropping either of them if a seemingly better option arises. I'd also not be overly fussed if Jack or McLean were to replace McGregor.

Guest ElChris04

Liam Cooper is the best defender in the championship. Our best Defender by miles who’s proven to be a match for strikers such as Mitrovic & Pukki. 

anyone having him not in the team and the likes of Charlie Mulgrew who’s been rotten for Wigan this season and fighting for survival in the championship are mental. 

13 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Liam Cooper is the best defender in the championship. Our best Defender by miles who’s proven to be a match for strikers such as Mitrovic & Pukki. 

anyone having him not in the team and the likes of Charlie Mulgrew who’s been rotten for Wigan this season and fighting for survival in the championship are mental. 

Agree about Cooper v Mulgrew. A player at his peak or one in serious decline.

Questions for you and any other Celtic Supporter, 

Can Christie play on left midfield?

Guest ElChris04
3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Agree about Cooper v Mulgrew. A player at his peak or one in serious decline.

Questions for you and any other Celtic Supporter, 

Can Christie play on left midfield?

Never played there so impossible to say on paper.

But realistically would be a waste as he likes to cut in on his Left with his strong foot so for me wouldn’t get anywhere near the best out of his ability aswell as Forrest Fraser and upcoming prospect Johnston being able to play there. 

with Christie it’s either play on the right or in the middle depending on the formations here’s my ideal team. 

McLaughlin

Tierney-Souttar-Cooper-Robertson 

McTominay

Christie-McGinn-McGregor-Forrest

Griffiths

if Fraser or Johnston are unreal form come March then it’s debatable but this would be my ideal team as of right now. 

2 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

But realistically would be a waste as he likes to cut in on his Left with his strong foot so for me wouldn’t get anywhere near the best out of his ability aswell as Forrest Fraser and upcoming prospect Johnston being able to play there. 

with Christie it’s either play on the right or in the middle depending on the formations here’s my ideal team. 

McLaughlin

McTominay

Griffiths

if Fraser or Johnston are unreal form come March then it’s debatable but this would be my ideal team as of right now. 

Christe played left central against Albania and on the left in a midfield three against Israel that was why I asked.

I would prefer to keep Forrest on the right.

So you think it is more important to keep Christie on the left than Forrest?

If your ideal team right now includes Griffiths you won't be getting your ideal team.

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

McLaughlin

McTominay

Griffiths

I like this team, but as a keen Sunderland fan I can confirm McLaughlin hasnt been anywhere near his best this season unfortunately so for me Marshall ahead of him and I'd happily go with that team

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

I like this team, but as a keen Sunderland fan I can confirm McLaughlin hasnt been anywhere near his best this season unfortunately so for me Marshall ahead of him and I'd happily go with that team

Fair enough then. Haven’t watched enough of McLaughlin this season but from what I’ve seen from Marshall I’m not entirely convinced so would be willing to see a refresh. 

to be fair on him though our goal keeping options now that McGregor is retired along with Gordon and Bain getting zero game time our keeper options are short at the moment. Had hopes for Kelly but he seems to he written off by qpr supporters 

Guest ElChris04
2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Christe played left central against Albania and on the left in a midfield three against Israel that was why I asked.

I would prefer to keep Forrest on the right.

So you think it is more important to keep Christie on the left than Forrest?

If your ideal team right now includes Griffiths you won't be getting your ideal team.

Hopefully he’s ready come March. But if not then it’s got to be Naismith. 

Hard to say where mcburnie fits as for me a one lone striker role isn’t getting anything out of him in the team.

47 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Fair enough then. Haven’t watched enough of McLaughlin this season but from what I’ve seen from Marshall I’m not entirely convinced so would be willing to see a refresh. 

to be fair on him though our goal keeping options now that McGregor is retired along with Gordon and Bain getting zero game time our keeper options are short at the moment. Had hopes for Kelly but he seems to he written off by qpr supporters 

Jed Steer will be back in time

Marshall

Palmer McTom Cooper Robertson

Fleck McGregor

Christie McGin Fraser

Phillips

Our central defence is exceptionally poor. Cooper is our only in form defender. McTom can play there according to MU

No decent forwards in form apart from Phillips. Pace and strong. Playing well at WBA and they at top/2nd.

Palmer/Tierney... not really fussed. Palmer because he is a rt back and with McTom out of position.

Fleck playing well in the EPL

8 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Wouldn’t have Cooper or Mulgrew. Both not good enough.

2 hours ago, sandyb said:

Marshall

Palmer McTom Cooper Robertson

Fleck McGregor

Christie McGin Fraser

Phillips

Our central defence is exceptionally poor. Cooper is our only in form defender. McTom can play there according to MU

No decent forwards in form apart from Phillips. Pace and strong. Playing well at WBA and they at top/2nd.

Palmer/Tierney... not really fussed. Palmer because he is a rt back and with McTom out of position.

Fleck playing well in the EPL

You have named 2 defensive/holding players, neither of whom is a ball winner, In front of a centre mid who is not a ball winner. We are as well playing the Mersey Tunnel in the centre of the park with that line up.

Our most important game in years and you want to experiment with a midfielder at centre back?

Guest ElChris04
2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

You have named 2 defensive/holding players, neither of whom is a ball winner, In front of a centre mid who is not a ball winner. We are as well playing the Mersey Tunnel in the centre of the park with that line up.

Our most important game in years and you want to experiment with a midfielder at centre back?

Liam Cooper is the best we have I’m afraid. And to be fair to him he’s the best defender in the championship who’s came up against strikers such as Pukki and Serbian striker Mitrovic and came out on top. That Russia game was a harsh judgment tbh, playing next to Mulgrew and at the time a really off form Palmer isn’t saying much. I do rate him a lot 

but come the playoffs he’ll be critical for us.

Marshal

Palmer     mckenna   cooper   robertosn

Mctominay     fleck

Mcginn         

Christie       naismith      fraser

Mctominay and fleck can interchange support the forwards when needed and sit back when needed. Definitely wouldn't want 2 defensive midfielders but both offer so much more than thst

Mc