Play off tickets - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

1 minute ago, Terry Munro said:

Just like you were then when you said it was completely different to Denmark getting in the back door in 1992.

I bet you think that winning games in the Europa League is some sort of achievement when you've been horsed out of the Champions League rather than the complete embarrassment it should be.  And before you go, ah whatabout, I think that *whoever* the club is.  Similarly if you finish second bottom of the SPL, you should be relegated, end of, not given a second chance in a play-off.

Failure shouldn't be rewarded in football, no second chances. 

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Gonnae no say Denmark and back door together please? The Spunk Bar in Copenhagen after the friendly has a lot to answer for 😵. To be fair, it was just a normal bar and handed over my mate’s lost phone the next day 👍😂

Had a couple of good nights in there myself but I suspect a lot of people are disappointed since it's essentially just a late night drinking dive bar.  Great craic though. 

13 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

Well there is nothing like manipulating the facts to suit your agenda.

If you are going to dismiss the friendly then by the same token the crowd at the 2009 game should be disregarded as this was exceptional as a win would have kept us in with a shout of qualification with two games remaining. You seem to be placing too much emphasis on the crowd at the 4-0 loss.

I have seen Scotland in Norway seven times since 1979 and that was by far in excess of any crowd we had taken there but I would dispute your inflated figure of 3.000. 2,500 would be more likely in my view if the official SFA sales were 2,200.

If we add these two extremes crowds (along with Molde) together then there would be a rough total of around 3,300 giving an average of 1,650 which would probably be about right.

Incidentally your observation that qualification was all but over for the game in September 2005 is just wrong. The 2-1 win kept us very much in with a shout with - again - two games remaining. The home loss in the next game against Belarus killed off our hopes.

Again I would disagree with your assessment of the travelling fans for 2005 game,

You used two friendlies.

I used two qualifers. Both well above the 1350.

Just admit you are talking shite.

I have no problem with Norway giving this allocation, I would hope we would have given the minimum or less to our opponents had we been at home in the final. 

Ticket sales for the Israel match have slowed down 

image.thumb.png.a5ebd0bddcbc9a6f19d6cb3b4b7eac1a.png

Edited by vanderark14

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You used two friendlies.

I used two qualifers. Both well above the 1350.

Just admit you are talking shite.

I refuse to lower myself to your level of insults but you do come accross as rather arrogant resorting to insulting language rather than admitting to being in the wrong.

You leapt in with your claim there were over 3,000 Scots fans at the 2009 match. When it was pointed out by another poster that  the official SFA sales were 2,200 you refused to revise this figure. By implication you therefore estimate there were around half of this number - 1,000 - again at the game. Nonsense there would have been 2,600 TOPS.

So WRONG

You also state as fact regarding the 2009 match in Oslo -  'we were effectively out of qualification by then.'

We weren't as I sumarised in my last post which you rfused to acknowledge and dismissed as `shite.'  To illustrate this, the following game at home to Belarus was a sell out with 51,105 - some support for a meaningless game eh?

So sorry but WRONG again.

You further claim `You used two friendlies' when I used the 2013 and 2009 matches to produce an average. I did not  - one was a friendly and one a quailfier.

So again you are WRONG.

Scotland have never taken over 3,000 fans to Norway - fact.

Don't you ever admit to being wrong about anything?

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I have no problem with Norway giving this allocation, I would hope we would have given the minimum or less to our opponents had we been at home in the final. 

Ticket sales for the Israel match have slowed down 

image.thumb.png.a5ebd0bddcbc9a6f19d6cb3b4b7eac1a.png

There’s still 8 or 9 weeks to go so I’m confident it will sell out. Can’t be that many tickets left as it is. 

On 1/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, Catchart Circle said:

I refuse to lower myself to your level of insults but you do come accross as rather arrogant resorting to insulting language rather than admitting to being in the wrong.

You leapt in with your claim there were over 3,000 Scots fans at the 2009 match. When it was pointed out by another poster that  the official SFA sales were 2,200 you refused to revise this figure. By implication you therefore estimate there were around half of this number - 1,000 - again at the game. Nonsense there would have been 2,600 TOPS.

So WRONG

You also state as fact regarding the 2009 match in Oslo -  'we were effectively out of qualification by then.'

We weren't as I sumarised in my last post which you rfused to acknowledge and dismissed as `shite.'  To illustrate this, the following game at home to Belarus was a sell out with 51,105 - some support for a meaningless game eh?

So sorry but WRONG again.

You further claim `You used two friendlies' when I used the 2013 and 2009 matches to produce an average. I did not  - one was a friendly and one a quailfier.

So again you are WRONG.

Scotland have never taken over 3,000 fans to Norway - fact.

Don't you ever admit to being wrong about anything?

Even taking into account the 2200 official allocation. It still shows you were talking nonsense about 1350 being enough normally. There were plenty more Scotland fans in home end in  2005 and 2009 but if we're going with 2200 official then it supply proves you're talking nonsense. 

I used two qualifiers showing we took considerably more than 1350. You used a friendly from almost 30 years ago and another game somewhere that was 1) another friendly and 2) somewhere considerably harder to get to than Oslo. 

So do you ever accept you are talking shite?

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Even taking into account the 2200 official allocation. It still shows you were talking nonsense about 1350 being enough normally. There were plenty more Scotland fans in home end in  2005 and 2009 but if we're going with 2200 official then it supply proves you're talking nonsense. 

I used two qualifiers showing we took considerably more than 1350. You used a friendly from almost 30 years ago and another game somewhere that was 1) another friendly and 2) somewhere considerably harder to get to than Oslo. 

You came on here all guns blazing, stating as fact the following `I've already said we've taken more than 3,000 to Oslo the twice I've been.'

Wanderer then provided the official sales figure of 2,200 for the last game which blew your claim completely out of the water  but you didn't like that much.

Having been put in your place you then had an opportunity to say `well OK but it did seem like more than that.' But rather than back down you instead have chosen to dig an even deeper hole for yourself with each post containing more innaccuracies.

You further let yourself down with comments such as `So do you ever accept you are talking shite?' when presented with facts.

I stand by my opinion 1,350 would be about right for a `normal' game in Oslo - 1,500 would suffice unless qualification was at stake.

I don't know what sort of calculator you use but if it is the same one you had in Oslo then there will be close to 80,000 crammed into 52,000  seats for the Israel game so the health and safety guys ought to be concerned!

As for - as you so elequently put it - `talking shite' I'll leave that for others to decide.

But again I refuse to stoop to your level of personal insults and bad language - other than quoting yourself!

Edited by Catchart Circle
error

What i want the sfa to explain is why for segregation purposes,our allocation is 1350,when we have received 2200+ plus for other games at the same stadium.What's changed at that stadium since then?Why the f..k did they accept that insulting alllocation?As i've said before,all those arseholes and the hangers on,such as those who hand out tickets will be at the game,while hundreds of real paying fans will be trying to get home end tickets,or watching in a pub in oslo.If we beat israel,i hope to God serbia stuff themHow sweet would that be?

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just realised we were in Norway... 15 fucking years ago... Deary me 😭

35 minutes ago, thesaint said:

What i want the sfa to explain is why for segregation purposes,our allocation is 1350,when we have received 2200+ plus for other games at the same stadium.What's changed at that stadium since then?Why the f..k did they accept that insulting alllocation?As i've said before,all those arseholes and the hangers on,such as those who hand out tickets will be at the game,while hundreds of real paying fans will be trying to get home end tickets,or watching in a pub in oslo.If we beat israel,i hope to God serbia stuff themHow sweet would that be?

I guess it is because the stakes are higher and they are confident of selling out among their own fans.

They are unbeaten in the last two years at home.

Stadium capacity is 28,000 incidentally. For the 0-4 game there were just over 24,000 in total which was good considering the home side had no chance of progressing.

I am assuming the figure was the same in 2009 when our 2,200 was the entire lower tier.of one end.

1 minute ago, Catchart Circle said:

I am so upset 😢😢😢

To be fair, I don’t specifically mean you but too often all folk are moaning about is “personal abuse”.

Folk really need to toughen up a bit. If I had penny for everytime someone calls me a cunt I’d be minted. I never once greet aboot it on here though. 

The point i'm making is the sfa are telling us the reason we are only getting 1350 tickets is because of segregation.Absolute pish.Don't f..king try and pull the wool over our eyes,If they had given us the same allocation as in the past,say 2500,i'm sure that would have been fair.For the sake of another 1000 tickets they have created a lot of problems for a lot of guys who have booked their flights etc,not to mention the bad feeling they have created among the Scotland support.

12 minutes ago, thesaint said:

The point i'm making is the sfa are telling us the reason we are only getting 1350 tickets is because of segregation.Absolute pish.Don't f..king try and pull the wool over our eyes,If they had given us the same allocation as in the past,say 2500,i'm sure that would have been fair.For the sake of another 1000 tickets they have created a lot of problems for a lot of guys who have booked their flights etc,not to mention the bad feeling they have created among the Scotland support.

You’re correct. The allocation is an absolute disgrace and I say that as someone who is guaranteed a ticket. It’s a shambles that we play a final what is supposed to be neutral and we get this.

Edited by WCTA

12 minutes ago, thesaint said:

What you are forgetting is Norway won the right to host the final (rightly or wrongly). They like any other home team in a final would want as many home fans attending. We virtually have the 5% allocation. Its been the same story for years for games at small stadiums.