Play off tickets - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

50 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's still utter pish, 5% is pathetic and if the SFA have accepted that they have utterly shafted the fans (and the team)

Very little they can do, as there is no leverage for them to use.

Usually they are very good at this kind of thing, but as there is no return game, they can not offer the carrot of a larger amount of tickets in return for a larger amount in Oslo.

Flip side, would you be happy if the SFA were offering Norway or Serbia more tickets than they were entitled to if the final was at Hampden?

Not great, but Norway totally within their rights (blame should be with UEFA, as they should have made it that the away team for the final got a guaranteed allocation of at least 10%)

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Very little they can do, as there is no leverage for them to use.

Usually they are very good at this kind of thing, but as there is no return game, they can not offer the carrot of a larger amount of tickets in return for a larger amount in Oslo.

Flip side, would you be happy if the SFA were offering Norway or Serbia more tickets than they were entitled to if the final was at Hampden?

Not great, but Norway totally within their rights (blame should be with UEFA, as they should have made it that the away team for the final got a guaranteed allocation of at least 10%)

Is less than 5% more than we are entitled to?

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Is less than 5% more than we are entitled to?

Sounds like we are getting the official away sections (which looks to be around 50 seats short of getting a dead on 5% figure) so really SFA hands are tied, and Norway are just following the guidelines over what UEFA say away teams are entitled to (its a shame, and a bit annoying when you read that the Republic of Ireland are getting 10% for their away game in Slovakia)

Hopefully this is a "issue" that can be sorted out next time around and it can be agreed that under these circumstances, 10% should be the minimum for the away team.

Suppose one good thing is, if Norway are sticking to the 5% rule, then for Serbia we will be looking at around 2,500 tickets.

Ffs. That is a pish allocation. I agree with the point made that UEFA should have stipulated the away teams in the play-offs should have been given a much bigger allocation (say 25%), and if they didn’t sell them then reallocate to home fans. 

Does anyone know how many we will get if we go to Belgrade?

2 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

Just phoned the SFA, in the hope that this is a rumour, and had it confirmed that 1350 is the allocation.

I can't believe that they tried hard enough.  Now hoping for a Serbia win in the semi final.

The fact that you had to phone them speaks volumes. This was only confirmed to the ATAC who sound like a bunch of cap doffers who don't want to rock the boat with them in case they stop getting invited to kit launches and all the other shite. They should be publicly calling out UEFA and demanding more but they won't

1,350 would normally be adequate for a game in Norway given how expensive it is.

However it is potentially the biggest game Scotland have taken part in for years so I suspect around 2,000 would have been enough.

However I am more concerned about the Israel game first which some seem to think is a formality.

If we win that I will have a few days to worry about a ticket for the next game.

1 hour ago, Catchart Circle said:

1,350 would normally be adequate for a game in Norway given how expensive it is.

However it is potentially the biggest game Scotland have taken part in for years so I suspect around 2,000 would have been enough.

However I am more concerned about the Israel game first which some seem to think is a formality.

If we win that I will have a few days to worry about a ticket for the next game.

Both times I've been to Norway we've taken a damn sight more than 1,350 and neither of those were play off finals.

In fact we had about 3,000 officially and many more in the home end in 2005 and we were effectively out of qualification by then.

Same in 2009, must have been 5,000 Scotland fans over there.

1 hour ago, Catchart Circle said:

Seen this sort of talk all over twitter this morning, are people suggesting we just wait and see what happens with the Israel game and not pre plan as if that somehow will affect the result?

3 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Seen this sort of talk all over twitter this morning, are people suggesting we just wait and see what happens with the Israel game and not pre plan as if that somehow will affect the result?

Agreed. If we as fans & even the players don't believe we should beat Israel at home, we should give up.

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Both times I've been to Norway we've taken a damn sight more than 1,350 and neither of those were play off finals.

In fact we had about 3,000 officially and many more in the home end in 2005 and we were effectively out of qualification by then.

Same in 2009, must have been 5,000 Scotland fans over there.

2009 we only got 2200 tickets.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There was a hell of a lot more than that in the ground though.

Was Scotland fans in tier above us and you could see Scotland flags behind other goals from where we were.

Maybe so, but that is what we officially got (according to a SFA archives - https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/norway-ticket-information-3-points/) plus that was a WC qualifier, so we were entitled to 10% (which that roughly is).

Edited by wanderer

24 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Maybe so, but that is what we officially got (according to a SFA archives - https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/norway-ticket-information-3-points/) plus that was a WC qualifier, so we were entitled to 10% (which that roughly is).

I was replying to the guy that said 1350 would normally be adequate for us as Norway is expensive.

Absolute pish , whoever made up this system should get their jotters. If we had won the toss I dont think anyone really could have any complaints if we had to give circa 10% to the opposing team given the circumstances.

50 seats short of the minimum allocation will not affect me at all because 11 points will be nowhere near enough for a ticket but i would not be happy if i was on the cusp and lost out.

At least it vindicates my decision to bin the charter. Might just throw everything behind Serbia and book one way. 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Absolute pish , whoever made up this system should get their jotters. If we had won the toss I dont think anyone really could have any complaints if we had to give circa 10% to the opposing team given the circumstances.

50 seats short of the minimum allocation will not affect me at all because 11 points will be nowhere near enough for a ticket but i would not be happy if i was on the cusp and lost out.

At least it vindicates my decision to bin the charter. Might just throw everything behind Serbia and book one way. 

Not sure why people are so surprised.   The Nations League is a complete farce of a competition.  It's about one thing and one thing only, to make sure that every country plays games on the international dates, organised by UEFA so that they can sell the TV rights centrally and make as much money as possible.   Friendlies arranged by individual countries get in the way of that.

It's all about the TV deal, people who actually go to games - and specifically away fans don't come into the equation.

47 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Agreed. If we as fans & even the players don't believe we should beat Israel at home, we should give up.

Eh .... the only sides we have beaten in the last twelve months are Cyprus, Kazakhstan and San Marino. We have also lost to Kazakhstan in that period and our defence has looked vulnerable in each of Clarkes games. Israel have as much to play for us we have and may be better prepared as their squad will be together for a week ahead of the match.

Having said that I would still make us favourites with a full house but it would be extremely foolish to take the win for granted. 

Remember the Killie fans who booked up for the next round of the Europa.

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not sure why people are so surprised.   The Nations League is a complete farce of a competition.  It's about one thing and one thing only, to make sure that every country plays games on the international dates, organised by UEFA so that they can sell the TV rights centrally and make as much money as possible.   Friendlies arranged by individual countries get in the way of that.

It's all about the TV deal, people who actually go to games - and specifically away fans don't come into the equation.

Please dont be so fooking sensible, its interfering with my faux outrage and strong sense of entitlement.