Play off tickets - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

7 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I don't think its too bad a price. Was it them that did that flight out to the Poland friendly a few years back. How much did that cost?

No idea but it's a good price in comparison to some of the day trips with Celtic this year. 489 to Copenhagen for example. 600 to Serbia in the qualifiers too.

59 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Thanks. Wish I had known about this earlier. Bit pricey but probably works out much of a muchness when you consider you'll spend less time there so lest spending money involved

I only found out about it a week ago , thats when I checked my points to see if I had enough.
Its not a bad price if you are guaranteed a ticket but its a bit steep to pay to end up sitting in a pub in Oslo or Belgrade.

If we even knew the exact allocation I would have a much better idea if a ticket was likely or not. I am not prepared to fork out £380x 2 on minimum allocation figures. 
Expect the flight would be a laugh. 

58 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I only found out about it a week ago , thats when I checked my points to see if I had enough.
Its not a bad price if you are guaranteed a ticket but its a bit steep to pay to end up sitting in a pub in Oslo or Belgrade.

If we even knew the exact allocation I would have a much better idea if a ticket was likely or not. I am not prepared to fork out £380x 2 on minimum allocation figures. 
Expect the flight would be a laugh. 

Aye I suppose everyone is taking some kind of gamble. We went all in and went for Norway on the basis that they were at home to Serbia so think they'll edge it, so hoping for two home wins. Don't fancy watching Serbia v Israel in a pub in Oslo.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:00 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

South Stand in general is a shite atmosphere....would much rather be behind the goals unless right down the front.

Each to their own I suppose

Was behind the goals when we beat Celtic at Hampden and it was rocking. South was nowhere neat the same atmosphere.

I was on a couch in Canada at 5am waking the house up haha. 

I probs wouldn't sit in the south if it wasn't for my dad having dodgy knees and not liking to stand the whe game. But I do hate being behind goals I'm general. 

On 1/16/2020 at 1:02 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

I joined the SSC after that after standing in a queue overnight at Ticket Scotland next to the arches!

Was in East Stand section next to North that game though.

Yeah we stood for 4 hours between two safe ways and didn't get tickets, joined to make sure that didn't happen again. 

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Do we get new membership cards out for renewing with the SSC? Know they done away with all the t shirts and stuff but can't remember about the cards

I emailed them a few weeks ago ( I had a panic I had binned tickets with all the Xmas junk ) & they said cards & Israel tickets to be posted out end of January.

On 1/16/2020 at 3:38 AM, Jim Beem said:

I hear you pal. I’ll certainly be looking to chin a random Israelie. Hezbollah ya bass. 👊

Terry Munro is said to be hard at work in the house sewing together a banner with his Green Brigade pals just now. 😊

On 1/16/2020 at 6:38 PM, Rich NATA said:

Of course, but that's nearly three years ago.

This UEFA 'Week of Football' clearly affects attendances.

I don't understand why the FA's haven't kicked up a fuss.

If UEFA want the 'big teams' playing on different nights, fine; but why do the rest of us have to be dragged into it?

I mean, we played San Marino on a Sunday night (!)

It was just over 2.5 years ago but the reason I mentioned it is you said nobody has sat in the top tier since the week of football started which is not correct. The top tier has been open several times since it started. England, Poland and Germany come to mind immediately but I’m sure there’s more. 

Although playing on a Sunday or Thursday night etc. doesn’t help, I would say our poor attendances can put down to one thing - Scotland being pish and not getting close to qualifying for years. 

The FAs have not kicked up a fuss because they don’t care. Playing our midweek games on a Monday or Thursday will have a small impact on attendances but not enough for the SFA and other bodies to turn down the TV deal offered by UEFA. Apart from the fact that we need to play when UEFA tell us to play regardless of whether we like it or not. 

We will fill Hampden for big games and we will fill it if we start competing for qualifying spots again, regardless of when we play. 

I personally don’t mind the week of football but I can see why people who don’t live near Glasgow don’t like it but it’s not going to change anytime soon so I also don’t get the continued moaning about it. It’s here to stay unless UEFA think they can make more money by doing it differently. 

19 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

That's exactly what I said. There must be an argument that we should get more than the standard away allocation given it's a final, never mind just the usual 10% or whatever,  but this is actually lower than 5% of the ground I think

It’s a small amount short or 5% (about 50 seats short of %).

looks to be enough to go as low at 17 points and a few 16 pointers.

6 minutes ago, wanderer said:

It’s a small amount short or 5% (about 50 seats short of %).

looks to be enough to go as low at 17 points and a few 16 pointers.

I'm on 13 at the moment but not sure if they've added the 3(?) extra points for renewing with that. Think I have the most points in our group too so this doesn't look great from a ticket point of view, especially with Norway selling out the semi, home end will be harder to get

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

I'm on 13 at the moment but not sure if they've added the 3(?) extra points for renewing with that. Think I have the most points in our group too so this doesn't look great from a ticket point of view, especially with Norway selling out the semi, home end will be harder to get

If this is true,it's an absolute f..king disgrace.Less than 5%.Should get 2500-3000 minimum.As i said before.they only got home advantage through the toss of a coin.The least they could do was give us 10%.F..king w..kers.The sfa must really have worked their tits off to get that allocation.Fancied going to norway,but hope serbia pump them.At least we will get 3000 plus for that.I ask everyone to email the supporters club and thank them for the great effort they put in.Absolut disgrace.

37 minutes ago, thesaint said:

If this is true,it's an absolute f..king disgrace.Less than 5%.Should get 2500-3000 minimum.As i said before.they only got home advantage through the toss of a coin.The least they could do was give us 10%.F..king w..kers.The sfa must really have worked their tits off to get that allocation.Fancied going to norway,but hope serbia pump them.At least we will get 3000 plus for that.I ask everyone to email the supporters club and thank them for the great effort they put in.Absolut disgrace.

Please,anybody that is going if we qualify for the final and it's oslo.Please email those useless chancers  at the sfa who supposedly negotiated on our behalf that you are raging at them accepting this allocation.If nothing else,it will give them something to do ,having to answer the emails.They don't give a shit about us.They will get,plus those characters that hand out the tickets when they you have to collect them abroad.The thought of them getting to the match while plenty  of true supporters who have already booked flights will watch the game in a pub in oslo.I'm f..king raging.