Play off tickets - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

26 minutes ago, BigChis said:

Spoke to ssc today about tickets for Oslo or Belgrade,no chance of anything being done about tickets until the Israel game is done then they are going to sell tickets point wise on the hour .eg 32 points first hour then 30 points next hour and so on till they sell out

Alarm set for 3am.....

1 hour ago, BigChis said:

Spoke to ssc today about tickets for Oslo or Belgrade,no chance of anything being done about tickets until the Israel game is done then they are going to sell tickets point wise on the hour .eg 32 points first hour then 30 points next hour and so on till they sell out

Surely they could be more prepared than that?

I presume they'll get an allocation confirmed from both potential opponents before we play Israel so just sell the tickets provisionally and either refund us or take the money after the Israel game

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

That's exactly where I was for that!

Queued at Morrisons (or possible Safeway at the time) on the Saturday morning the tickets came out, sold out, so had to get one through a hospitality company.

Joined the SSC a few weeks later.

54 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I joined the SSC after that after standing in a queue overnight at Ticket Scotland next to the arches!

Was in East Stand section next to North that game though.

I went straight from a night out to Bellshill Safeway to queue for tickets for that.

Was second back row of east stand right behind goal. Should’ve taken binoculars.

😂

Atmosphere was great though, was mostly ‘well fans around us (who’d bought tickets at bellshill Safeway) so we’re particularly ecstatic when Faddy scored.

Think Pearson came on as a sub too?

1 hour ago, BigChis said:

That has website crash written all over it, and does not take many to log on all at once to send SSC site into meltdown.

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I went straight from a night out to Bellshill Safeway to queue for tickets for that.

Was second back row of east stand right behind goal. Should’ve taken binoculars.

😂

Atmosphere was great though, was mostly ‘well fans around us (who’d bought tickets at bellshill Safeway) so we’re particularly ecstatic when Faddy scored.

Can't remember about Pearson but I had McFadden and 1-0 at 60/1 so I'd have been as ecstatic as those Well fans, I'd suggest 🤣

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He did. It was his debut. 

Team that day was:

Douglas (Celtic), McNamara (Celtic), Naysmith (Everton), Pressley (Hearts), Wilkie (Dundee), Ferguson [c] (Blackburn), Fletcher (Man Utd), Dailly (West Ham), Dickov (Leicester), McFadden (Everton), McCann (Southampton).

Subs: Miller (Wolves) for Dickov (66), Pearson (Motherwell) for McCann (71), Hutchison (West Ham ) for McFadden (90)

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Doubt it, will only be a small amount able to buy at any one time due to criteria.

True, but you will have folk logging on early to beat the queue most likely (still have nightmares of Slovenia away in Koper and having to log on at 1am for a ticket!)

Also I imagine there will be a lot to do on the Friday in terms of getting ready to fly off on the Sunday.

Would not be surprised if they do indeed go for that method, but I suspect they will do some sort of easy approach and a pre-sale.

I really doubt they will have not talked to the Norwegian and Serbian FA's in some capacity by this stage.... even looking into a potential "losers" game (Israel have already said if they lose to Scotland they are flying straight back to Israel and have no interest in any games beyond that).

Imagine we will find out in coming weeks.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He did. It was his debut. 

Team that day was:

Douglas (Celtic), McNamara (Celtic), Naysmith (Everton), Pressley (Hearts), Wilkie (Dundee), Ferguson [c] (Blackburn), Fletcher (Man Utd), Dailly (West Ham), Dickov (Leicester), McFadden (Everton), McCann (Southampton).

Subs: Miller (Wolves) for Dickov (66), Pearson (Motherwell) for McCann (71), Hutchison (West Ham ) for McFadden (90)

Rab Douglas and Lee Wilkie are the sort of players you’d like at your club side, but pretty grim they were playing at that level.

😂

Perhaps we look back with rose tinted specs when comparing the current crop to then.

Pearsons career a strange one, from the highs of that (1st leg), Paris, and some great champions league performances at Celtic to his career fizzling out in India in his early 30s...

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Rab Douglas and Lee Wilkie are the sort of players you’d like at your club side, but pretty grim they were playing at that level.

😂

Perhaps we look back with rose tinted specs when comparing the current crop to then.

Pearsons career a strange one, from the highs of that (1st leg), Paris, and some great champions league performances at Celtic to his career fizzling out in India in his early 30s...

I always thought that most of Rab Douglas's caps should have went to Paul Gallacher who was a better keeper and did well when he got the chance to play for Scotland. Unfortunately the Daily Record and co would have had went mental at Vogts had he replaced the Celtic No. 1 with a then struggling Dundee Utd's No 1.

It's often forgotten that Lee Wilkie was on the verge of a Scotland comeback in 2007/08 before his final career ending injury.

Stephen Pearson seemed to pick up a wee bit when he first moved to Derby but fell away. I think he just lost interest in pushing himself further and was happy to just plod along and pick up his wages. Shame

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Seemed pretty full for the England game.....

Of course, but that's nearly three years ago.

This UEFA 'Week of Football' clearly affects attendances.

I don't understand why the FA's haven't kicked up a fuss.

If UEFA want the 'big teams' playing on different nights, fine; but why do the rest of us have to be dragged into it?

I mean, we played San Marino on a Sunday night (!)

41 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I always thought that most of Rab Douglas's caps should have went to Paul Gallacher who was a better keeper and did well when he got the chance to play for Scotland.

Rab Douglas? Don't talk to LUIS FIGO about Rab Douglas.

UEFA really fecked up with the final for these games. They should have either played all these games as almost a mini tournament in a neutral venue or the top seeds hosted it e.g.

And for the game no one wanted, the third place play off, should be a winner gets a ton of coefficient points for the next qualifiers or NL.

Norway v Israel  /Losing semi finalists- Easter Rd/Tynecastle

Scotland v Israel/Final Hampden 

39 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Of course, but that's nearly three years ago.

This UEFA 'Week of Football' clearly affects attendances.

I don't understand why the FA's haven't kicked up a fuss.

If UEFA want the 'big teams' playing on different nights, fine; but why do the rest of us have to be dragged into it?

I mean, we played San Marino on a Sunday night (!)

Truth is, 3pm Saturday is something of a alien concept across Europe outside of the UK.

Spain and Italy you hardly get any games on Saturdays (and those you do are only there for tv), France, Netherlands and Belgium games do not usually kick off until almost (or after) 7pm on Saturdays.

Its us in the UK that only seem to get a bee in our bonnet about football played away from its traditional time.

Also the falling attendances (I actually think the week of football has had very little to do with this, as we seem to set the bench mark that period from 2003 until 2008 were we got a nonstop run of 3pm games, as Saturday ko for internationals is a relatively new thing... 1996 IIRC?) it’s offset by the money made from tv (remember UEFA handle the tv deals to put in a pot to distribute between all the Fa’s)

I don't care about the kick-off times so much; it's the days.

... and I don't mind half the matches being on a work-day/school-night, but not 80% of them.

Outside of Scotland and San Marino, who the f*ck is watching us two battle it out on a Sunday night?

Who's watching Moldova-Albania on a Monday night? 

If they want Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Italy and England  playing of different nights, fine and when they play the likes of us we'll play whichever night it is, but why us, San Marino, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Slovakia, Kazakhstan, Gibraltar and the rest of them are roped into this, I don't know.

20 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Surely they could be more prepared than that?

I presume they'll get an allocation confirmed from both potential opponents before we play Israel so just sell the tickets provisionally and either refund us or take the money after the Israel game

I cannot believe they cannot organise something like this . I was considering booking the flights that a travel company are offering where they will take you to and back from either country , and if we lose the first leg you get a refund . But its pricey and I am on 11 points, I am not paying £380 then find I dont get a ticket. 

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I cannot believe they cannot organise something like this . I was considering booking the flights that a travel company are offering where they will take you to and back from either country , and if we lose the first leg you get a refund . But its pricey and I am on 11 points, I am not paying £380 then find I dont get a ticket. 

Which company are doing this deal ?

30 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Thanks. Wish I had known about this earlier. Bit pricey but probably works out much of a muchness when you consider you'll spend less time there so lest spending money involved

Aye that's my thinking.

I'm off to South Africa a few weeks later for 3 weeks, so if we did qualify a day trip for the final is best with the Finals in mind.

33 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Thanks. Wish I had known about this earlier. Bit pricey but probably works out much of a muchness when you consider you'll spend less time there so lest spending money involved

I don't think its too bad a price. Was it them that did that flight out to the Poland friendly a few years back. How much did that cost?