Play off tickets - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Cup finals are irrelevant to this; I'm talking about Scotland international matches.

The point I'm making is that the upper tier should be open INSTEAD OF the lower tier.

I am trying to explain to you the SFA policy of which matches they decide to put ALL the tickets on sale. So Cup Finals are relevant as a good example.

Most internationals do not sell out unlike Finals.

Like I said there are South Upper still available and I have tried to  help you by pointing this out and advising you to move quickly so not sure what you are so upset about. Frankly the suggestion that the upper section should be open ahead of the lower I find quite ludicrous.

Sorry if I came across as being off with you. I didn't mean to. Not in the least.

I'm in the SSC and bought my ticket on day 1 of the members sale, but the South Upper tier was not on sale then.

The two best sections in Hampden are the North (for atmosphere) and the South Upper (for the view).

On the basis members have paid a membership fee, I think we should have access to the South Upper as it is superior to the South Lower.

Furthermore  none of the central blocks in the South Lower were available; only the wings/corners.

I'm not asking for both Upper and Lower to be open for all matches; just the Upper.

Hopefully the team will come into a rich and sustained run of form and UEFA will scrap their week of football bollocks and we can get back to a regularly full Hampden and I won't need to bleat about it anymore.

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

Sorry if I came across as being off with you. I didn't mean to. Not in the least.

I'm in the SSC and bought my ticket on day 1 of the members sale, but the South Upper tier was not on sale then.

The two best sections in Hampden are the North (for atmosphere) and the South Upper (for the view).

On the basis members have paid a membership fee, I think we should have access to the South Upper as it is superior to the South Lower.

Furthermore  none of the central blocks in the South Lower were available; only the wings/corners.

I'm not asking for both Upper and Lower to be open for all matches; just the Upper.

Hopefully the team will come into a rich and sustained run of form and UEFA will scrap their week of football bollocks and we can get back to a regularly full Hampden and I won't need to bleat about it anymore.

I agree with you Rich as the South Upper is  my favourite view. However I have spoken to some who have been there once and consider it too far from the pitch so not everyone agrees.

One of the reasons they won't open the Upper section instead of the Lower South is that the lions share of the hospitality suites are on that level. Clearly those customers can access their seats in a matter of minutes rather than having to queue to get a lift or stairs to the upper level.

So again money is a factor.

I did the same as you for the England game and purchased a South Lower then had the chance of an Upper seat a week before the game. I snapped it up and had no difficulty offloading the other ticket - at face value I add!

Mind you if we lose to Israel I certainly won't be going on about what a great view I had ......................

9 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

I can assure you there is hospitality in the Upper South - I was there at the 2012 Scottish Cup Final and my seat was right in the middle of the upper tier.

The Sky Boxes are up there too although the occupants don't take up any of the seating.

I was there in hospitality when we beat Holland 1-0 in the first leg of the playoff.

I dont care if the upper south seats go on sale to general public. 

12 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

There hasn't been anyone sat in the South Upper in years......... Not since this UEFA week of football shyte started. 

Aren't the debenture people in the middle blocks of the lower tier?

I have had upper tier 'season tickets' a number of times; on the half-way line too!

Seemed pretty full for the England game.....

It would make sense to shut off some sections behind the goal or whatever and open up the south upper.

Best views, best, most modern facilities, but instead you’re in a terrace with seats.

Whoever said the south upper is too far from the pitch has never sat in row DDD of the east or west stands. 😱

8 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I agree the South Upper should be available in a members sale but in reality they are not going to open a stand if they know there's only going to be a 30k crowd at certain games. Opening the South Upper would mean extra stewarding, catering & policing costs.

It would be better not to sell parts of Blocks A & G

Surely it costs the same to police steward and cater in the south upper as the east or west stand?

15 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

So, SSC members did not even have access to the upper tier and they are now selling upper tier tickets (but not all of it) in a general sale from the ends inwards, which would indicate the last people to book up for this match will likely have some of the best seats in Hampden.

As a paid up, long term, SSC member; that pisses me off. Immensely.

Agree as I would choose to sit there everytime if possible. They should have opened it with the rest as they would know they are going to get a sell out if not very close.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

View is decent in south upper, atmosphere is utter pish.

Atmosphere is pish in the whole stadium, hopefully with this being an important game that will improve

Probably a element of the SSC being surprised by the initial sales for this game (being honest, before sales opened I was thinking low 40's was still doing VERY well), hence South Stand was not available, and parts of it being released once North Stand sold out and West and East Stands being 2/3's of the way to selling out, so they open more and more up.

Edited by wanderer

14 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I have had upper tier 'season tickets' a number of times; on the half-way line too!

Unfortunately the days of season tickets for the South Upper are gone until attendances improve dramatically.

The only ways to secure a South Upper ticket are-

A to shell out for a debenture

B Gamble on waiting until sales are going well then check for availability regularly. The gamble is that if they don't go on sale you will have to take what is left from the rest of the ground.

C or do what I do and purchase a seat for your second option then continue to monitor availability and if they become available snap one up and resell your original ticket. The gamble here is that you may be stuck with two tickets but that is unlikely for the forthcoming game.

I cannot see any circumstances where the SFA would open the South Upper at the expense of closing another section for the simple reason it is the only completely blind spot for the TV cameras. Even the South Lower can be seen on replays and it does not look good for Scottish football if obvious pictures of empty stands are broadcast all over Europe.

Here is a serious suggestion to Rich or anyone else in the same boat. As the tickets have yet to be dispatched why not telephone the SSC and voice your displeasure at the situation? Then offer to pay the extra £5 to upgrade to a South Upper ticket - they might even agree - but don't hang about!

Edited by Catchart Circle
spelling error

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Agree as I would choose to sit there everytime if possible. They should have opened it with the rest as they would know they are going to get a sell out if not very close.

Atmosphere is pish in the whole stadium, hopefully with this being an important game that will improve

True but even worse up there.

I know where I'd rather have been when Griffiths scored against England or Faddy vs Holland and it's not the SU!

44 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I know where I'd rather have been when Griffiths scored against England or Faddy vs Holland and it's not the SU!

I was there for the Italy game and it was brilliant, the whole place was buzzing though. When Griff scored I was south lower, also brilliant. With the right game anywhere in  the stadium is great.......except behind the goals, fuck that!

Spoke to ssc today about tickets for Oslo or Belgrade,no chance of anything being done about tickets until the Israel game is done then they are going to sell tickets point wise on the hour .eg 32 points first hour then 30 points next hour and so on till they sell out

59 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's exactly where I was for that!

Queued at Morrisons (or possible Safeway at the time) on the Saturday morning the tickets came out, sold out, so had to get one through a hospitality company.

Joined the SSC a few weeks later.

34 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I was there for the Italy game and it was brilliant, the whole place was buzzing though. When Griff scored I was south lower, also brilliant. With the right game anywhere in  the stadium is great.......except behind the goals, fuck that!

South Stand in general is a shite atmosphere....would much rather be behind the goals unless right down the front.

Each to their own I suppose

Was behind the goals when we beat Celtic at Hampden and it was rocking. South was nowhere neat the same atmosphere.

20 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

That's exactly where I was for that!

Queued at Morrisons (or possible Safeway at the time) on the Saturday morning the tickets came out, sold out, so had to get one through a hospitality company.

Joined the SSC a few weeks later.

I joined the SSC after that after standing in a queue overnight at Ticket Scotland next to the arches!

Was in East Stand section next to North that game though.