Play off tickets - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

Hamilton Wanderer must be an auld git like me, as I still refer to both stands as the Celtic & Rangers ends, and I'm certainly no fan of either club.

When i started going to Scotland games as a teenager the Rangers end was THE place to go for the big matches - great memories !!

Probably should refer to them as the East & West - bad habbit

17 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

West and East Stands.

Less of the old firm pish.

47 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Hamilton Wanderer must be an auld git like me, as I still refer to both stands as the Celtic & Rangers ends, and I'm certainly no fan of either club.

When i started going to Scotland games as a teenager the Rangers end was THE place to go for the big matches - great memories !!

Probably should refer to them as the East & West - bad habbit

When they stop giving them their own ends for cup semis and finals, regardless of the logistics maybe it will stop?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aberdeen been at hampden more often recently than the huns. 

You think they’ll get the Aberdeen end (west stand) if they play Rangers?

(logistically that would make no sense, but it’s fine because it will never happen)

43 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You think they’ll get the Aberdeen end (west stand) if they play Rangers?

(logistically that would make no sense, but it’s fine because it will never happen)

It's already been tested. Rangers inexplicably got the Aberdeen end when we met in last seasons league cup semi...

Sadly, despite following Hamilton Accies for about 45 years, I've never seen my team play in a semi final or final at Hampden so I don't know what [small section of a particular] end we would get.

It would make sense to give us the Celtic end (even if we were playing Celtic).  I once went to a semi final Motherwell played against Celtic and Motherwell got the Celtic end and Celtic got the Rangers end.  The next time however this was reversed.

I did once get to see Accies in a semi final (1979 league cup semi final) but it was at East end Park and we got the Falkirk end.

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

True,

Anyway ticket sales look to have slowed down a wee bit, I'd expect this to just about sell out once January pay day has been.

I'd hazard a guess at approx. 40,000-42,000 been sold so far.

Would imagine the last few thousand will sell in the build up to the game, when the squads announced etc.

Actually announcing the squad might put people off? 😂

27 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

When did the South Stand Upper go on sale?

Towards the end of the SSC members sale or later (in the general public sale) ?

Section on right went on sale on Friday, section on left is certainly newly open, as was not on sale when I looked yesterday morning.

18 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Section on right went on sale on Friday, section on left is certainly newly open, as was not on sale when I looked yesterday morning.

So, SSC members did not even have access to the upper tier and they are now selling upper tier tickets (but not all of it) in a general sale from the ends inwards, which would indicate the last people to book up for this match will likely have some of the best seats in Hampden.

As a paid up, long term, SSC member; that pisses me off. Immensely.

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

So, SSC members did not even have access to the upper tier and they are now selling upper tier tickets (but not all of it) in a general sale from the ends inwards, which would indicate the last people to book up for this match will likely have some of the best seats in Hampden.

As a paid up, long term, SSC member; that pisses me off. Immensely.

That's not how it works.

As pointed out on the previous page of this thread those seats in the middle are for debenture holders, who have a cut off date as to whether they wish to purchase a ticket or not, plus some for hospitality.

That date for debenture holders won't be for some time so some of those in the centre should be available nearer to the game - but perhaps not that many depending on the uptake.

A week before the England game more suddenly appeared and I was fortunate to log on at the right time and offloaded my South Lower for a better view.

I do agree though that we should have had an opportunity for the available South Upper seats in the presale.

BUT - this secion only goes on sale if the stadium looks like selling out. A decision was clearly taken on the strength of sales AFTER the members sale.

I checked every day and got a front row for the South Upper last Friday.

There hasn't been anyone sat in the South Upper in years......... Not since this UEFA week of football shyte started. 

Aren't the debenture people in the middle blocks of the lower tier?

I have had upper tier 'season tickets' a number of times; on the half-way line too!

13 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

There hasn't been anyone sat in the South Upper in years......... Not since this UEFA week of football shyte started. 

Aren't the debenture people in the middle blocks of the lower tier?

I have had upper tier 'season tickets' a number of times; on the half-way line too!

The South Upper was full just a few weeks ago for the Betfred Cup Final😁

But that is a good example of when that section is opened.

It's all about costing with stewards, turnstyle operators and catering staff taken into account so they will not open this section unless a sell out looks likely.

The England game two and a half years ago was the last time it was open at an international and the only time during that campaign.

As with all Cup Finals a full house was gaurenteed against England so all tickets were made available at the same time.

I would have thought this forthcoming fixture was pretty much sure to sell out - as appears to be the case - so expected the South Upper to be on sale from day one but the SFA were cautious and waited to see how initial sales were going.

Don't worry though some Upper tickets STILL available - but hurry or they'll be gone.