Play off tickets - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Logistically that would’ve made more sense.

Would likely have resulted in the games being played in empty stadiums though. How many locals would be turning up to see Scotland v Israel if it was played in Lisbon /Paris /Munich etc. 

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Would likely have resulted in the games being played in empty stadiums though. How many locals would be turning up to see Scotland v Israel if it was played in Lisbon /Paris /Munich etc. 

Ahem - given attendances at Hampden September/October v Russia v Belgium v Kazakhstan................

14 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not sure why they felt the need to change the European championships. At the moment anyway, the new format doesn’t look as good. 

It's a one off to celebrate some anniversary or something. I think it was one of Platini's ideas. Goes back to the normal format next time round when it will be in Germany.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, Dodger said:

I had in mind one of the competing nations host it. That way you know where the game is going to be.

Was it not a case that nobody wanted it? Seem to recall in the late 00's the big vision was Turkey to get it on the back of a Olympic's bid which never happened, and the likes of Germany, Italy and Spain showing no interest, with the only "serious" bid coming from Azerbaijan. 

Deadline for bids came and went, then the next thing UEFA said that it would be held across Europe as a whole (think it was down to getting their fingers burnt a tad with Euro 2012 with nations being overly keen to host, but not got the infrastructure).

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Was it not a case that nobody wanted it? Seem to recall in the late 00's the big vision was Turkey to get it on the back of a Olympic's bid which never happened, and the likes of Germany, Italy and Spain showing no interest, with the only "serious" bid coming from Azerbaijan. 

Deadline for bids came and went, then the next thing UEFA said that it would be held across Europe as a whole (think it was down to getting their fingers burnt a tad with Euro 2012 with nations being overly keen to host, but not got the infrastructure).

Even more ridiculous that we didn’t try again after the failed 2008 bid.

Honestly, as a nation we have zero balls or confidence about us.

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Exactly what they did for League A...

Not entirely true.

That was the nations league finals.

Technically you could win that and not qualify. 😂

If any of the teams from those finals had failed to qualify through the groups they’d have gone into the group A play offs.

41 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Even more ridiculous that we didn’t try again after the failed 2008 bid.

Honestly, as a nation we have zero balls or confidence about us.

Unfortunately the tournament as a whole is now far to big for us to host, and that includes co-hosting it with the Irish and Welsh (with the tournament expansion for 2016, I suspect UEFA's plans were for Spain, Italy, Germany, France and England to rotate it between themselves, with the occasional Dutch-Belgium co-host and maybe a trip to Russia once they had the World Cup out the way)

39 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Unfortunately the tournament as a whole is now far to big for us to host, and that includes co-hosting it with the Irish and Welsh (with the tournament expansion for 2016, I suspect UEFA's plans were for Spain, Italy, Germany, France and England to rotate it between themselves, with the occasional Dutch-Belgium co-host and maybe a trip to Russia once they had the World Cup out the way)

Remind who was it that was the driving force behind expanding the competition.

6 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Regan?

It was us and the FAI that proposed it in 2007.   Tail end of David Taylor's time as CEO, if I'm right.  He obviously went on to UEFA where it was subsequently agreed to increase it to 24 teams.

21 hours ago, wanderer said:

You’re right, but I was referring to us not bidding again for 2012 when nobody seemed to really want to host it.

We’d certainly struggle now I agree. So sadly our opportunity has gone for good.

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

You’re right, but I was referring to us not bidding again for 2012 when nobody seemed to really want to host it.

We’d certainly struggle now I agree. So sadly our opportunity has gone for good.

2012 was given to Poland and Ukraine around 2004-ish, it was 2020 that nobody wanted, and the only serious bid was Azerbaijan, which after the mess which is turning into Qatar for the World Cup, was never going to happen (Turkey said their bid was only of the basis of a successful Olympics bid)

Semi prices:

Children and over 65s: £5 East/West, £10 North/South
East and West: £15 members, £20 general
North and South: £20 members, £25 general

(Norway are selling theirs for ~£41 long sides and ~£33 short sides.  Final tickets probably similar)

Edited by in5omniac

17 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

Semi prices:

Children and over 65s: £5 East/West, £10 North/South
East and West: £15 members, £20 general
North and South: £20 members, £25 general

(Norway are selling theirs for ~£41 long sides and ~£33 short sides.  Final tickets probably similar)

To be fair to them they have priced that very well.

The E mail has  Landed,  

£40 to renew membership before 31st Jan 

sale opens at 12 on Friday 

£15 for Israel home game (excellent i think)

Sale opens at 12 on Friday 

However it doesnt say whether you have to buy next years membership first to get Israel Ticket    

Edited by stocky

30 minutes ago, stocky said:

The E mail has  Landed,  

£40 to renew membership before 31st Jan 

sale opens at 12 on Friday 

£15 for Israel home game (excellent i think)

Sale opens at 12 on Friday 

However it doesnt say whether you have to buy next years membership first to get Israel Ticket    

It specifies that the sale is for 2020/21 members 

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Brilliant pricing.

Considering membership was £50 not too long ago, I'm happy with £55 for renewal and a play off ticket.

Exactly. Very good value. 

A genuine reward for loyalty in the recent meagre years.

I think they missed a trick not having this sort of info out at the start of the month, but the pricing itself is good.