Play off tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off tickets

Jmcq

Wen u think they will start selling semi final play off tickets. Would make aense to start sttaight after draw but typical sfa prob wait until 1st of march.

Also can imagine the chaos if we win and are at home for final trying to get tickets. Would love to think they have a good plan for that. But more than likely not. 

The Membership renewal is imminent, isn't it? Presumably they will use the playoffs to drive those home. Outside of members, it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the tickets. 

At the moment there is very little they can do as we do not know who we are playing, and where the final will be.

They said on the radio on Tuesday night that there will be two games in March regardless.

As these games will fall under the next membership period, I imagine they will use the play off's and prospect of Euro 2020 as a carrot when membership renewals are out in the coming weeks

12 minutes ago, wanderer said:

They said on the radio on Tuesday night that there will be two games in March regardless.

That’s a weird one. Unless we agreed to play effectively a 3rd place play off, how would we get an opponent at that notice? You can’t have a team call up a squad to a camp for a game that only has a 50/50 chance of happening....

Edited by sbcmfc

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s a weird one. Unless we agreed to play effectively a 3rd place play off, how would we get an opponent at that notice? You can’t have a team call up a squad to a camp for a game that only has a 50/50 chance of happening....

Yep, can only imagine its a deal in place with Norway and Serbia that the loser comes to Hampden 5 days later.... to be honest, its not really any different that should we win our home game and know we are away in the final a few days later

Edited by wanderer

Just now, Orraloon said:

Why would anybody want to play a friendly a few days after losing a play off? One of the most ridiculous ideas the SFA have ever come up with.

Imagine UEFA are probably enforcing it more as an "unofficial" 3rd place play off match, but just not giving it a title.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Why would anybody want to play a friendly a few days after losing a play off? One of the most ridiculous ideas the SFA have ever come up with.

Especially if we get drawn away.

Decent chance of an old firm league game the following weekend. Could imagine a few niggles appearing if we lose the semi. 😂

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

On this occasion I wouldn't blame any player for telling them to ram it up their hole. This has to be a spoof? Where are folk reading this?

BBC Scotland on Tuesday night were certainly very skeptical on it ("you would be lucky to cover the H section of the North Stand with those in attendance") as it was from a press release the SFA put out with the date for the second game "Play off final/proposed friendly match"

49 minutes ago, wanderer said:

BBC Scotland on Tuesday night were certainly very skeptical on it ("you would be lucky to cover the H section of the North Stand with those in attendance") as it was from a press release the SFA put out with the date for the second game "Play off final/proposed friendly match"

Shows how much them daft fukers know. Section H is nowhere near the north stand. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's actually the Celtic end. Well the south stand bit of the Celtic end. Have you ever been to Hampden?:lol:

Was a poor attempt at humour on my part.

My club team don’t have an end though. We just get put wherever is most convenient for the opposition.

Sadly been a while since Scotland needed to open the top deck.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I'm not sure this has actually been confirmed by the SFA has it? It's just a proposal as far as I can see.

Surely they will see sense and forget it?

All they need to do is sell tickets for the final (if we are drawn at home) and then refund the money if we lose in the first match. That can't be that difficult surely?

Edited by Texas Pete

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I'm not sure this has actually been confirmed by the SFA has it? It's just a proposal as far as I can see.

Surely they will see sense and forget it?

All they need to do is sell tickets for the final (if we are drawn at home) and then refund the money if we lose in the first match. That can't be that difficult surely?

Exactly.

Let's assume for a second the final is played at the winner of our semi - there is merit in selling tickets for the final prior to the semi, indeed it is probably pretty much essential from a logistics viewpoint.  But being a prospective final they won't be cheap (£30 minimum at a guess) and I'd be pretty pissed off at forking out £30 minimum for a game that turns out to be a friendly off the back of a semi final defeat especially when the friendly would be played under such a cloud and on a real downer that hardly anybody would want to go (players, fans and probably management too).

Such a friendly would attract a crowd of less than 5,000 frankly on a March Tuesday night (unless it was v Brazil or Argentina or someone of that ilk, maybe we'd get Hampden half full for that? And yes I am being extremely optimistic even at that).

If we lose the semi then void and refund any tickets sold and forget any stupid nonsense about friendlies unless we are forced to.  If we are then we'd be better off making sure we are playing an away one somewhere where both countries agree to play 'B' (or maybe 'C' or 'D'?) teams.

Scotland, Serbia and Norway have effectively known for the last year that at least one of them will make the final, so chance there has been some kind of initial discussions over that time, so not a case of 5 days to sort everything out in March.

Probably a case of that a "unofficial" 3rd place play off has been mooted, and why its probably only a "proposal" just now, but a case of will UEFA force it or not (since they have been making it clear teams must fill EVERY available date)

Depend on allocation. Not sure what if any rules UEFA will have about the final, of if they will simply allow it to be treated as any old qualification game. Presumably the later. 

So it would depend how big an allocation we get and that will depend on where we are playing. Talk about a mad rush. They will likely have to strike an agreement with both Norway and Serbia, who will also have to strike an agreement with Israel, ahead of the semis.

Logistical nightmare and a bit of a farce that I would care not one jot about had the draw went our way. 

16 minutes ago, TartanSam said:

What does everyone think the minimum loyalty points would be for the final? Seeing as most of the other away games have been open to all in SSC

I've been to Oslo last twice (2005 & 2009) and both times I think our allocation was about 2,500? Was the full section bottom tier behind goals.

Was plenty Scotland fans throughout the stadium both times but I think the official allocation was 2,500 approx.