Campaign for Free Weekend Before Play Off - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Campaign for Free Weekend Before Play Off

Alan

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Are you serious?

So if Liverpool don’t release one of their best players and let him miss an important league match he should never be selected again?

I assume that’s not what you mean because that would be ridiculous. 

No, I mean if a player decides he wants to turn up when he can be arsed or not. If a player wants to play for his country he will if he is fit. If he genuinely wants to fuck us about then he should be told to gtf.

3 minutes ago, WCTA said:

No, I mean if a player decides he wants to turn up when he can be arsed or not. If a player wants to play for his country he will if he is fit. If he genuinely wants to fuck us about then he should be told to gtf.

That’s fair enough but I don’t think that was what was being discussed so I was confused. 

I think the point was that even if the SPFL clear their schedule the weekend before the playoffs our England based players will still be playing that weekend. 

There’s no way the EPL are going to bend over backwards to help us. I’ll be surprised if the SPFL do. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

That’s fair enough but I don’t think that was what was being discussed so I was confused. 

I think the point was that even if the SPFL clear their schedule the weekend before the playoffs our England based players will still be playing that weekend. 

There’s no way the EPL are going to bend over backwards to help us. I’ll be surprised if the SPFL do. 

Of course that would never happen and neither it should from a foreign league. Point is that it should not matter who Liverpool, Arsenal or anyone else play that week. If a player wants to represent his country he will. If he doesn’t then fuck him. 

8 hours ago, WCTA said:

Of course that would never happen and neither it should from a foreign league. Point is that it should not matter who Liverpool, Arsenal or anyone else play that week. If a player wants to represent his country he will. If he doesn’t then fuck him. 

Would say that to his face?

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wise up.

You think there’s something unwise about me seriously wanting players never called up again if they are going to cherry pick when they can be arsed turning up for us? 

I’d rather have a team full of Stephen O’ Donnells and Greg Taylors who feel nothing but respect for being asked to represent us. 

Edited by WCTA