Twenty is plenty - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Twenty is plenty

Blackpool78

I think the prices this campaign have been pretty fair, and would expect play off's to be around the £25 mark also.

Poor attendances have been more down to the product on the park, rather than the price of tickets.

The dates of the semi and finals make it hard to get a full sell out, but imagine getting 45k, and maybe scraping 50k is very possible if marketed correctly.

58 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I think the prices this campaign have been pretty fair, and would expect play off's to be around the £25 mark also.

Poor attendances have been more down to the product on the park, rather than the price of tickets.

The dates of the semi and finals make it hard to get a full sell out, but imagine getting 45k, and maybe scraping 50k is very possible if marketed correctly.

Will it be the SFA or UEFA setting prices though?

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Will it be the SFA or UEFA setting prices though?

Is it not FIFA that set ticket prices for their events rather than UEFA? Was it not FIFA who upgraded two of the stands at Hampden to a bigger category (and thus priced more).

Just now, wanderer said:

Is it not FIFA that set ticket prices for their events rather than UEFA? Was it not FIFA who upgraded two of the stands at Hampden to a bigger category (and thus priced more).

Why would FIFA be involved in play-offs for a UEFA competition?

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

The prices should be low and free tickets given to school kids, get a full house and gain abit of goodwill with the fans who have had to watch such brutal performances in recent years.

I doubt there will be many free tickets given to schools.

I imagine after Friday there will be a big campaign with SSC membership renewals in coming weeks (as these games do not fall within the current membership) and depending on the draw, will be some sort of double match package (talk on radio last night was we are playing two games in March regardless if we make final or not).

Think once the semi-final opponent is know on Friday and venue for the final, we will start to get a better idea on SFA plans, but SSC renewals will be out soon. 

16 minutes ago, G65 said:

I think every-one who was there last night should be given first dabs on a ticket for the play offs as you would need to be considered a die-hard to turn up in the freezing cold to watch what was essentially a friendly.

Think any supporters club member who has been at all the home games (sure the SFA have some sort of data base) and the season ticket holders should get in for nothing. 

Partial refund for all the shite that has been served up

33 minutes ago, G65 said:

I think every-one who was there last night should be given first dabs on a ticket for the play offs as you would need to be considered a die-hard to turn up in the freezing cold to watch what was essentially a friendly.

Here Here !!  👏👏👏🥶🥶🥶

44 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

The prices should be low and free tickets given to school kids, get a full house and gain abit of goodwill with the fans who have had to watch such brutal performances in recent years.

Was standing on the platform  at Mount Florida station after the game , absolutely baltic ,when a group of about  20 young kids all in high vis jackets were being shepherded down the stairs and belting out ‘we’ll  be coming’ . 

😢 would have brought an uplifting  tear to my eye if the tear ducts hadnt already been frozen solid. 

Edited by TDYER63

53 minutes ago, G65 said:

Half those there last night were on freebies.

The other half were on SSC and were daft like me and bought the season tickets.

2 hours ago, G65 said:

There is already a loyalty scheme in place. You can’t give people priority for the playoffs just because they went to one match.

In any case, whilst I think the first playoff game will be more or less a sell out I don’t think the tickets will go in an hour or anything like that so anyone who wants to go will likely be able to get a ticket.