Scotland vs Kazakhstan match thread - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Kazakhstan match thread

ceudmilefailte

4 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Not sure I completely agree with all the pessimism tonight. They've had very few chances and, despite the fact McKenna backed off, scored a beauty. We've had the vast majority of the possession and clear chances for Jack, Naismith, Forrest and McGinn. 

Ok, Kazakhstan are a team we should beat and we should be creating more but I don't buy the complete gloom

People aren’t being pessimistic over tonight. It’s the build up of the last 10-15 years that’s done it. 

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Should never have stood

I disagree to an extent. McGinn wasn’t looking at the keeper, his eyes were on the ball. It was an accidental collision with a keeper that was already off balance from being down a second before. Keepers are too protected. 

Edited by dandydunn

44 minutes ago, macy37 said:

And by the way McGregor...what has happened with him? He’s up there with McKenna for bad man of the match...again.

Not often I agree, but McGregor is rotten. He is a complete ghost. I've no idea what he offers and I've no real idea what kinda role he is meant to carry out. He would be about 6 or 7th choice on my list at best 

Was like the kids football on Sunday. Night and day performances in the 2 halves, but got the win, that’s all that really matters in the end. 

Palmer deserves special credit for his performance, thought he was excellent tonight. 

Edited by dandydunn

54 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Maybe this is just me but after watching this qualification campaign Callum McGregor has been in my opinion one of the worst players, what does or has he actually done., considering the slagging off of others.( cut to the end of 90 mins him scoring a hat trick.) 

He put in his best 45 minutes in the second half tonight , we looked a lot better

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Right - now where are all those folk who wanted McGinn binned? This generation's McFaddy.

Eh, me then 😂

I still don’t think he looks that good, but boy does he score. I also don’t think Harry Kane looks like a player, so...

Finished the group well, hopefully can go into the playoffs with some hope, spirit and belief.