Starting XI vs Kazakhstan - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting XI vs Kazakhstan

csinclair

18 minutes ago, GraemeTA said:

I wouldnt change too much from last game. Maybe freshen it up slightly, armstrong/fleck for mcgregor and burke for forrest. Burkes frustrating but i'd give him another go, forrest can be just as frustrating in a scotland shirt. 

I feel there’s a player in there in Burke. Feel though he needs to be on the right which would mean Christie would have to go left which I don’t think suits him as much.

I think he’ll keep largely the same team with a few changes to give games to players. Something like

marshall

palmer, Gallagher, McKenna, Taylor 

fleck, mcgregor

christie mcginn armstrong

mcburnie

45 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Absolutely. No point in changing it up just for the sake of it. Time to start getting a settled team.

Clarke pretty much said in his last interview he’ll always make a few changes in the 2nd game of a double header to utilise fresher players

18 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Clarke pretty much said in his last interview he’ll always make a few changes in the 2nd game of a double header to utilise fresher players

Aye, I can appreciate a couple of changes if he deems it necessary. The likes of McGregor and Forrest look fairly jaded. I'm just against wholesale changes with no real purpose.

Guest ElChris04

Marshall

Palmer-Gallagher-Porteous-Taylor

McGinn-Jack-Fleck

Christie-McBurnie-Forrest

why we would call up Porteous from an important U21 game and not play him would be a waste for me. He deserves his first call up against Kazakhstan over a glorified Hanley, Give McGregor a rest and bring in fleck who knows McBurnie and could be key to getting the best out him. As for that no other changes. Need to steady the ship now and build on from that win.

Also anyone wanting Forrest dropped for Oliver Burke are absolutely mental. He might be jaded but he shouldn’t be needing to do heaps of running around at home against Kazakhstan. 

Gonna go with a nice 2-0 win.