Squad for Kazakhstan - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad for Kazakhstan

csinclair

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I would've taken this opportunity to call up George Johnston, Gilmour, Middleton, Hornby, McPake, Kennedy, King and Morrison.

Steve Clarke has to think about building for the future, now. He can do that by assimilation some of our best kids with the seniors. Even if it's just traiing, it would be a good experience.

I thought Gilmour and Hornby might have had an outside chance as they are playing first team football now. Bit early for the others I think. 

Just now, mrniaboc said:

I thought Gilmour and Hornby might have had an outside chance as they are playing first team football now. Bit early for the others I think. 

Even if it was to train with the seniors. It would been good experience and it would show them the level they have to get to... But enough about the senior players... :P

6 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Clarke has established premier league centre midfielders in Armstrong and fleck out the team so as much as I’d love to see Gillmour ASAP, must seem like a bit of an unnecessary call up at this point.

How is Armstrong "established"? He's in and out of an awful Southampton team, meanwhile, young Gilmour is making the bench of an exciting Chelsea team.

Besides, it's at home to Kazakhstan, in a glorified friendly. If this isn't the chance to blood a youngster then when is? 

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

23 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

How is Armstrong "established"? He's in and out of an awful Southampton team, meanwhile, young Gilmour is making the bench of an exciting Chelsea team.

Besides, it's at home to Kazakhstan, in a glorified friendly. If this isn't the chance to blood a youngster then when is? 

I more meant them as being established Scotland players who play in the premier league.

im a huge fan of gilmour, think he’ll be the best player produced in Scotland in decades. I’m just saying I can understand how it may be difficult to call him up just now with our strength in his position.

6 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

I more meant them as being established Scotland players who play in the premier league.

im a huge fan of gilmour, think he’ll be the best player produced in Scotland in decades. I’m just saying I can understand how it may be difficult to call him up just now with our strength in his position.

I'd actually have Gilmour higher in the pecking order than Christie, Armstrong, McLean, etc.

It's time for long term planning we need now. The sooner we begin introducing the kids, the better. I know that the u21s are struggling, with not scoring in three matches, but one are two are ready to step up.

56 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'd actually have Gilmour higher in the pecking order than Christie, Armstrong, McLean, etc.

It's time for long term planning we need now. The sooner we begin introducing the kids, the better. I know that the u21s are struggling, with not scoring in three matches, but one are two are ready to step up.

Don’t agree with that ....... yet.

Although he undoubtedly has a higher ceiling than all 3, he has much to prove at first team level before being considered above any of them. In time I’ve no doubt he will. 

I think Christie is an excellent player and will be a mainstay alongside Gilmour in the future