Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll) - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll)

The_Dark_Knight

Where will we finish in the Euro 2020 playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will our fates be in the Euro 2020 Playoffs?

• Winner of the final
    • Runner up in the final
    • Semi-final loser

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

But you never explained away them labouring to a 2-1 win against Malta? I could run through tonnes of matches in international football where supposed stronger teams have struggled against lesser teams or sometimes have even drawn or lost. That is evidence in itself that Scotland has far more than the chances Dark Knight is giving us.

Do not get me wrong I think we will probably just miss out in the final but Dark Knight is very clearly on the wind-up with his so called 0.0002% chance.

That's why it's better to look at the rankings instead of judging based on one match.

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Well, the lad has made a claim, let's see whether or not he can back it up.

I can back up my claim.

Scotland have a better chance of qualifying than 0.002%.

Show me odds which give me profit if we qualify 0.02%, or 0.2%, or 2%, or 10% of the time, and I will place £1,000 on us qualifying.

7 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I can back up my claim.

Show me odds which give me profit if we qualify 0.02%, or 0.2%, or 2%, or 10% of the time, and I will place £1,000 on us qualifying.

This is a great deal for you TDK. He's basically offering you free money, since you know Scotland will absolutely not qualify. 

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's why it's better to look at the rankings instead of judging based on one match.

Even rankings do not ordain what a result will be in an international football match. I would hazard a guess that during every round of Euro Qualifiers a lesser ranked team has beaten a higher ranked team.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

6 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I can back up my claim.

Hold on a minute.

When i asked you about eight hours ago to give me the odds of Scotland winning the final, you claimed that you didn't know how to quantify such odds. Now, as f by magic, you're saying that we have a 20% shot. Explain how you got to those odds.

And no. It's £1k v £1k. Take it or leave it.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

But you never explained away them labouring to a 2-1 win against Malta? I could run through tonnes of matches in international football where supposed stronger teams have struggled against lesser teams or sometimes have even drawn or lost. That is evidence in itself that Scotland has far more than the chances Dark Knight is giving us.

Do not get me wrong I think we will probably just miss out in the final but Dark Knight is very clearly on the wind-up with his so called 0.0002% chance.

I take no interest in what that troll says. I suggest you should do the same. His only reason for being on here is to wind folk up and it would seem that he is doing a good job of it.

Your post implied that because Norway failed to beat Romania twice, that should mean it's more likely that we could beat them. If you look at it properly Norway avoided defeat twice against a Romania team that are ranked 25 places above them. For me, that is something we should be concerned about and not something to provide optimism.

Just now, Orraloon said:

I take no interest in what that troll says. I suggest you should do the same. His only reason for being on here is to wind folk up and it would seem that he is doing a good job of it.

Your post implied that because Norway failed to beat Romania twice, that should mean it's more likely that we could beat them. If you look at it properly Norway avoided defeat twice against a Romania team that are ranked 25 places above them. For me, that is something we should be concerned about and not something to provide optimism.

There is always reason for optimism somewhere. Malta 1 Norway 2. I know we have fallen far but I would certainly say we are better than Malta.

Just now, The_Dark_Knight said:

Hold on a minute.

When i asked you about eight hours ago to give me the odds of Scotland winning the final, you claimed that you didn't know how to quantify such odds. Now, as f by magic, you're saying that we have a 20% shot. Explain how you got to those odds.

And no. It's £1k v £1k. Take it or leave it.

I didn’t claim that I don’t know how to quantify them. I DO know how to quantify them. I asked you how to calculate the odds, because I wanted to hear your explanation.

We are not debating whether Scotland have a 50/50 chance of qualifying. You know that.

We are debating 1 in 5 chance versus 1 in 50,000 chance. The odds which are in the middle of that debate are 500/1. Those are the odds which solve debate, as any other poster on here will confirm. Let me know the maximum bet you will allow me at those odds.

Your original claim of 50,000 to 1 will clearly be proved to be a lie, if you are unwilling to be handed money on us qualifying, at odds of 500/1.

I actually made a good earlier.

In this thread people have said that I'm a time traveller, because i can "predict the future", someone has went on a mad rage, citing odds as the reason, someone also said I've lost my mind. Now I've been called a Troll and i was banned, for some reason. Also that I'm an attention seeker.

If anyone thinks one, or more, of the above are true, kindly do us both a favour and put me on " ignore".

Thank you.

Just now, dohadeer said:

I didn’t claim that I don’t know how to quantify them. I DO know how to quantify them. I asked you how to calculate the odds, because I wanted to hear your explanation.

We are not debating whether Scotland have a 50/50 chance of qualifying. You know that.

We are debating 1 in 5 chance versus 1 in 50,000 chance. The odds which are in the middle of that debate are 500/1. Those are the odds which solve debate, as any other poster on here will confirm. Let me know the maximum bet you will allow me at those odds.

Your original claim of 50,000 to 1 will clearly be proved to be a lie, if you are unwilling to be handed money on us qualifying, at odds of 500/1.

Either you want to want to make the bet or you don't. It's not a difficult one.

Winner takes all, and all that.

6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ok?

Put me on ignore as you're obviously (i don't like calling people Trolls, as it's too simplicity) not adding to the conversation.

I was contributing to the conversation and then you interjected to ask me about being done. 

Perhaps you should put me on ignore if you don't like my contributions? 

I'm not one to ignore people just because I don't like what they have to say. Also, I'd miss this banter we have. 

Edited by mrniaboc

1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Are you not getting this?

Ok. There's a pot containing £2k. The winner wins it.

No odds. No bookies. No variables. Just old fashioned winner takes all.

Yes or not? Last time i'm going to offer it.

Stop changing the subject. We are not debating 50/50. We agree on 50/50. That is a non-existent debate.

We are debating 20% vs. 0.002%. Will you offer the 500/1 odds which solve that debate?

Just now, dohadeer said:

Stop changing the subject. We are not debating 50/50. We agree on 50/50. That is a non-existent debate.

We are debating 20% vs. 0.002%. Will you offer the 500/1 odds which solve that debate?

I'll take that as a solid "no"

Wow. Ok. At least i was willing to put my money where my mouth is.

You must think Scotland have zero chance, too.