Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll) - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll)

The_Dark_Knight

Where will we finish in the Euro 2020 playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will our fates be in the Euro 2020 Playoffs?

• Winner of the final
    • Runner up in the final
    • Semi-final loser

Reasonably happy with Israel - 6 defeats out of 8 ; we've beat them recently , it's at home and hopefully we can do the same again. The last game had its moments though and if it wasn't for McGregor - well we might have been going to Tel Aviv in the Playoffs rather than hosting them again. I hope we can do it.

A bit deflated about the away game. So much for the UEFA conspiracy and heated balls!

Also, Bulgaria potentially  have two home games to qualify for the Euros - after that hullabaloo about their racism.

I think we'll sadly bow out in the final ; but come on Scotland, please change the script! Three months is a long time in football and players may be injured, or out of form so possibly all four of teams in the C Playoff may have issues come March. It'll be Oh So Scottish to put in a magnificent performance against Israel, say 3-0 win and then go to Belgrade 1-0 up before conceding in the 94 minute and then 3-0 on penalties!

Having a quick peak of flights and quite tempted to book to Oslo with Norwegian - Monday to the Wednesday is quite cheap ; and if we don't make it ; or they don't make it then go to an Irish or Scottish bar and watch the final from there! Read somewhere that Lagerback is undefeated in 15 games at home! So have a feeling they'll see off Serbia either in ET or penalities ; then again the Serbs have some world class players and surely under achieving at the moment  somewhat.

I still think UEFA giving fans 5 days to book flights is a bit shit. Possibly considering the Nations League was a round robin, the best solution to this would have been the top seeds host a mini tournament (although a game too many for most clubs/international break if there was to be 3 games?) or the top seeds hosted all three matches. Could have had Easter Road hosting Serbia and Norway ; Hampden for us and then the final at Hampden.

Edited by weekevie04

9 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Since, apparently, the draw has taken place, I'll reopen the poll and give people who haven't voted, a chance to vote.

I'm nice that way.

(I don't know who we have in the semi-final and I don't want to know)

Really, you do not do yourself any favours with statements like this.

Do your tattered reputation a favour and take a long, long holiday from this fans' forum, please.

It would be the best for you, and for the rest of us who wish to attempt a semblance of sensible debate on here.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Do your tattered reputation a favour and take a long, long holiday from this fans' forum, please.

It would be the best for you, and for the rest of us who wish to attempt a semblance of sensible debate on here.

Uh oh.......

Don't prod the dragon like that.....

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

image.gif.6ef931bcac0627cfb4412d660f6c7142.gif

People, if you Report a post to us and can't take the time to tell us why you've reported it, chances are we'll ignore it.

We've had several reports from one individual in the past couple of days and when we look at the posts concerned, it's not immediately obvious to us why they've been reported.

33 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Thanks, I've been waiting for those odds to be released.

So they think that we have around a 15-20% chance of qualifying. Which is pretty much exactly what was predicted by everyone on here with a brain, or who don't live under a bridge near to the Billy Goats Gruff.

Are Norway not at home to Serbia?

Surprised Serbia are the favourites, if anything the value almost lies with Scotland in my opinion, I rate our chances as better than the 20% required to make a profit, slightly closer to 25% after drawing Israel at home in the semi finals.

Hungary 21/10

Iceland 21/10

Romania 5/2

Bulgaria 9/2

Group A path looks easier

Sorry for that previous outburst folks.

On a day when there is lots to be enthusiastic about and also lots to discuss, for one individual to come on here and say that he doesn't even care/know/is interested in whom we have drawn in our best chance of qualifying this century doesn't sit well.

I tried to be as polite as possible.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

On a day when there is lots to be enthusiastic about and also lots to discuss, for one individual to come on here and say that he doesn't even care/know/is interested in whom we have drawn in our best chance of qualifying this century doesn't sit well.

You were perfectly polite. Don't worry about it, you did the right thing, nobody is criticising you. The more people that make clear their grievances and issues with this person's childish and attention-seeking behaviour, the sooner the problem will be resolved!

Just now, dohadeer said:

You were perfectly polite. Don't worry about it, you did the right thing, nobody is criticising you. The more people that make clear their grievances and issues with this person's childish and attention-seeking behaviour, the sooner the problem will be resolved!

Indeed.

The Board is now one bawbag lighter.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Nothing to apologise for mate. 👍🏼

Today has been a relatively exciting day for us scotland fans, there will always be one or two desperate to piss on that

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Beat me to it 

Popcorn at the ready 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Looks like we won’t get a reply noo. I was looking forward to that as well. 

Still, we can get back to the football chat until his new profile turns up. 

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Thanks everyone - much appreciated!!

It looks like he reported your post and got himself banned again so thank you. 

I think I can hear the sound of a new profile being created in the distance so I’m sure he’ll be back but we’ll get a wee break at least. 

4 hours ago, Farcity said:

Clearly not completely. 

Haha are you still insinuating I'm Chripper/TDK? 

If you look back at my interactions with him I think it's clear that I'm not! Just because I actually talked to him doesn't mean he didn't drive me as crazy as everyone else on here. Hat's off to Barney Rubble. 

But if you want to be sure, the admin could probably do an IP lookup for you. 

15 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Well said mate. 

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

What did Chripper get banned for this time? 

Missed the whole event

It's hard to say, but it looks like @TAMB2 looked at multiple reported posts and got the gist that he was rubbing everyone up the wrong way all the time. Took long enough considering he's been banned before!

6 hours ago, Farcity said:

Clearly not completely. 

See?! I'm agreeing with people and suggesting that it was about time TDK was banned!

Besides, the evidence is there, In black and white, I disagreed with him as much as anyone, maybe even moreso!

I have a PhD and I'm in London. All the mods have to do is do a simple IP check. TDK is just an attention seeking troll.

Edited by StarMan

7 minutes ago, StarMan said:

See?! I'm agreeing with people and suggesting that it was about time TDK was banned!

Besides, the evidence is there, In black and white, I disagreed with him as much as anyone, maybe even moreso!

I have a PhD and I'm in London. All the mods have to do is do a simple IP check. TDK is just an attention seeking troll.

Who the hell are you though? You joined 43 minutes ago and this is your first post. 

This place is getting out of hand.