Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll) - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll)

The_Dark_Knight

Where will we finish in the Euro 2020 playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will our fates be in the Euro 2020 Playoffs?

• Winner of the final
    • Runner up in the final
    • Semi-final loser

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

They. 😂

Well we dont know whether its Male or female. I'm glad they are gone, I was stupid to get involved with them again.

This latest argument about odds was hilarious reading, doahdeer made an ass of them.

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think they lasted about 5 days. Can't remember who they had the bet with?

I think the best was with @Lairdyfaeinverclyde but in sure they did last 30 days. 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I thought you might have been referring to the multiple profiles. 😂

Pretty sure he’s a he based on our numerous debates/conversations and his bla

It wouldn't surprise me if he did have multiple profiles. Hes a crazy fucker

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Well we dont know whether its Male or female. I'm glad they are gone, I was stupid to get involved with them again.

This latest argument about odds was hilarious reading, doahdeer made an ass of them.

I think the best was with @Lairdyfaeinverclyde but in sure they did last 30 days. 

Thanks vanderark.

I hoped that people could see that I was talking sense, and it wasn’t just two morons arguing, who are on the same level as each other!

I can’t believe that poster drew me into arguing until 3am the past few nights, but as someone who works with numbers and statistics a lot, I hate seeing them blatantly being used incorrectly!

I don’t understand deliberately posting lies and inaccuracies though, but I guess that’s just par for the course of being a troll/attention seeker!

5 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Thanks vanderark.

I hoped that people could see that I was talking sense, and it wasn’t just two morons arguing, who are on the same level as each other!

I can’t believe that poster drew me into arguing until 3am the past few nights, but as someone who works with numbers and statistics a lot, I hate seeing them blatantly being used incorrectly!

I don’t understand deliberately posting lies and inaccuracies though, but I guess that’s just par for the course of being a troll/attention seeker!

It was pure winding up for me. That is what he  was doing. I mean 0.002% chance of qualifying? We will be playing teams no better than us (or perhaps) even worse in tge semis. If we reach the final it is a one game shoot-out against teams slightly better than us. If Luxembourg and Malta can run them close then we cannot be ruled out.

30 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It was pure winding up for me. That is what he  was doing. I mean 0.002% chance of qualifying? We will be playing teams no better than us (or perhaps) even worse in tge semis. If we reach the final it is a one game shoot-out against teams slightly better than us. If Luxembourg and Malta can run them close then we cannot be ruled out.

Yeah, I can't understand why the moderators didn't step in and deal with such blatant nonsense being posted. It was clearly trolling.

I don't think there is much between the 4 teams we can get in the semi-final.  All 4 are beatable at home but equally, we could lose to any of them.  I personally think we will get to the final if we most of our squad fit.

To have a chance in the final, we need to be at home.  Both Serbia and Norway have good home records and I can't see us beating either of them away. 

Only just dawned on us on the way back from Hampden that we could be facing up to extra time or penalties in either game. Imagine the fucking tension. 

Horrific thought. 

I think the poll result reflects reality; odds are we will win our semi and fall short in the final. However, a home draw for the final and the momentum off the back of four wins on the trot and knowing we are one win away could be enough to push us, especially if we are relatively unscathed from semi and the winner of the other is off the back of an exhausting slobberknocker. 

If they'd like to go extra time in their semi that would be absolutely fine and dandy. Maybe kick lumps out each other anawl. 

7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I don't think there is much between the 4 teams we can get in the semi-final.  All 4 are beatable at home but equally, we could lose to any of them.  I personally think we will get to the final if we most of our squad fit.

To have a chance in the final, we need to be at home.  Both Serbia and Norway have good home records and I can't see us beating either of them away. 

Norway unbeaten at home since Sep ‘16! 😳

21 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Norway unbeaten at home since Sep ‘16! 😳

They aren't in the same league as the likes of Belgium and Russia though.

Reasons for hope? Well in this campaign in the Euro Qualifiers they had this far from inspiring result:-

Malta 1 Norway 2

In the 2018 World Cup qualifiers they had from inspiring results such as:

Azerbaijan 1 Norway 0

Northern Ireland 2 Norway 0