Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll) - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll)

The_Dark_Knight

Where will we finish in the Euro 2020 playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will our fates be in the Euro 2020 Playoffs?

• Winner of the final
    • Runner up in the final
    • Semi-final loser

4 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

How does the poster in question get away with the behaviour they display here and not get banned? I’ve been back and forth with the moderators, trying to persuade them to ban this poster.

Mate, you corrected a guy on his grammar, twice. And you're a newbie. That isn't how you should act.

And you told on me? Thanks for the declaration.

9 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

How does the poster in question get away with the behaviour they display here and not get banned? I’ve been back and forth with the moderators, trying to persuade them to ban this poster.

I'm no bothered about getting the daft fella banned. The forum is obviously a big part of his day. A simple ignore would suffice.

10 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ah. Then I suggest sleeping it off (I'M NOT CALLING YOU A DRUNK). Last few times they give me the gas (assuming that you got gas) i got severe migraines... Vomit inducing migraines.

Ahhh! So you've seen "Frasier"?! Good stuff. And here was thinking you spend the 80s/90s in a cave.

Ummm... Was the topic sitcoms? "it's always sunny in Philadelphia" is great. Just avoid seasons 13 and 14.

Nah man, it was two jags, but they have numbed my entire head hahaha. 

You realise the my Frasier comment was a Cheers reference right? 

And did you love my Happy Days reference or what? I was proud of that one. 

Right, now I'm off to catch up with my boy Cliff at Paddy's Pub. Efter! 

Edited by mrniaboc

4 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Nah man, I was two jags, but they have numbed my entire head hahaha. 

You realise the my Frasier comment was a Cheers reference right? 

And didn't you love my Happy Days reference or what? I was proud of that one. 

Right, now I'm off to catch up with my boy Cliff at Paddy's Pub. Efter! 

Yeah. The jags do it to me, too, I'm afraid. Always been susceptible to migraines, so doesn't take much.

lol. Oh. Thought you meant the spin-off.

No.

Yay! A bit of a mixed metaphor, but I'll allow it.

Can you believe this guy? He's been here for five minutes, pulls a guy up for grammar, twice, bores me to tears because he wants the scientific reasons behind a throw-away line about odds.. And HE reports ME. Bloody hell.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Yeah. The jags do it to me, too, I'm afraid. Always been susceptible to migraines, so doesn't take much.

lol. Oh. Thought you meant the spin-off.

No.

Yay! A bit of a mixed metaphor, but I'll allow it.

Can you believe this guy? He's been here for five minutes, pulls a guy up for grammar, twice, bores me to tears because he wants the scientific reasons behind a throw-away line about odds.. And HE reports ME. Bloody hell.

Oh, I can believe him.

34 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

He’s already been banned. He used to be Chripper. 

There’s no point in banning him again as he’ll just come back as the Caped Crusader or something. 

52 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think they would destroy us by I'm pretty sure they are a better team than us right now. If we get home advantage we might be in with a shout. They are an improving side and their recent results are showing that. We might be on the verge of improving as well, but we need a few more good results before anybody will be convinced of that. Clarke needs to show some strong management by sticking by the players who have got these last two good results if he can. 

Norway aren’t terrible but they’re hardly world beaters. If we were to play them at Hampden I think the bookies would have us as slight favourites. They won fewer games than us in their qualifying group which was of a similar standard. They are not to be feared. 

Serbia have a better ranking than Norway but they are not in great form at the moment and will not get an easy game in Oslo. Home advantage will be incredibly important in these playoffs.

If fit, Robertson, Fraser and McTominay will start the first playoff match. I don’t think Clarke should leave them out just because they were not in the teams that beat Cyprus and Kazakhstan. I would imagine Cooper will also start if he’s in the squad. 

1 minute ago, saintydave said:

Some immense trolling in here. No odds out yet to qualify but you can get 750/1 on us winning the whole thing. Weirdly enough, we could probably do that without even winning a football match, excluding penalties. 

I'll have a bit of that 50,000/1 anaw please. 

Since did an "opinion" equate to "Trolling"?

If people genuinely think Scotland have a chance of qualifying for Euro 2020.

Well, fair enough. I'm not calling those people Trolls just because i disagree with them.

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

Are you being serious?

And another thing, the longer you stay here, the greater the odds (excuse the pun) of you being accused of being one of my so-called aliases.

And the "I reported you" will appear to be a smokescreen...

Enjoy that. Last time it happened, a few days ago, and the accused threatened the accuser with a good "face being ripped off".

And that's me gone. See you all in September (or when the World Cup qualifers begin)

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

58 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Norway aren’t terrible but they’re hardly world beaters. If we were to play them at Hampden I think the bookies would have us as slight favourites. They won fewer games than us in their qualifying group which was of a similar standard. They are not to be feared. 

Serbia have a better ranking than Norway but they are not in great form at the moment and will not get an easy game in Oslo. Home advantage will be incredibly important in these playoffs.

If fit, Robertson, Fraser and McTominay will start the first playoff match. I don’t think Clarke should leave them out just because they were not in the teams that beat Cyprus and Kazakhstan. I would imagine Cooper will also start if he’s in the squad. 

Norway only lost one game in the whole campaign and that was a narrow defeat away to Spain. Sweden are ranked about 15 and Romania about 25. They had a far better campaign than we did.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Norway only lost one game in the whole campaign and that was a narrow defeat away to Spain. Sweden are ranked about 15 and Romania about 25. They had a far better campaign than we did.

They drew a lot of games though. 

People seem to be running scared of Romania as well who finished fourth in their group. 

My main point is, regardless of who we face in the playoffs, we will not be playing anyone who is unbeatable or who should be feared. 

The last two times we were in the playoffs we faced the Netherlands and England. The teams we are looking at are nowhere near that level. 

We should be looking at this as a fantastic opportunity and not cowering in fear at teams who were about as close to qualifying through their groups as we were, with the possible exception of Serbia.