Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll) - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll)

The_Dark_Knight

Where will we finish in the Euro 2020 playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will our fates be in the Euro 2020 Playoffs?

• Winner of the final
    • Runner up in the final
    • Semi-final loser

8 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

This conversation is classic TDK. Hats off to you sir. :lol:

"I understand Munchhausens Trilemma. Betting odds and value? No sorry, that's too complicated for me."

It's not even about that, though, is it?

I do understand odds.

If you're sitting around with your mates, playing poker, you don't apply odds to the mix. Not that he's my mate or anything.

PS: People can say what they like about me, at least i keep the conversation kickin! ;)

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's why it's better to look at the rankings instead of judging based on one match.

The world rankings are often misleading. I bet we jump up a good few places when the new rankings are released next week. We may end up quite a bit closer to Norway, maybe only 3 or 4 places behind them.

Most folk on here reckon Norway would destroy us.

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

It's not even about that, though, is it?

I do understand odds.

If you're sitting around with your mates, playing poker, you don't apply odds to the mix. Not that he's my mate or anything.

Absolutely relentless. My cap is genuinely doffed to you. :lol:

Subtly wilfully misunderstanding stuff in order to wind folk up is elite level trolling. :ok:

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Drink?! 

Ooooh, calling me names. Calling me drunk. This isn't going to look great when you release your next post about how you always keep it respectful hahaha. 

Have you ever watched Cheers?

Norm usually walks into the bar, they ask him if he wants a beer, he then makes a funny quip

I'm guessing that reference went over your head.

I'm not calling you a drunk. Are you a snowflake?

5 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Absolutely relentless. My cap is genuinely doffed to you. :lol:

Subtly wilfully misunderstanding stuff in order to wind folk up is elite level trolling. :ok:

In my experience, one can only be wound us as much as one wants to be wound up.

Be a nice chap, see that "ignore" button? Tap it.

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The world rankings are often misleading. I bet we jump up a good few places when the new rankings are released next week. We may end up quite a bit closer to Norway, maybe only 3 or 4 places behind them.

Most folk on here reckon Norway would destroy us.

I don't think they would destroy us by I'm pretty sure they are a better team than us right now. If we get home advantage we might be in with a shout. They are an improving side and their recent results are showing that. We might be on the verge of improving as well, but we need a few more good results before anybody will be convinced of that. Clarke needs to show some strong management by sticking by the players who have got these last two good results if he can. 

16 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Drink?! 

Ooooh, calling me names. Calling me drunk. This isn't going to look great when you release your next post about how you always keep it respectful hahaha. 

Guess not.

Wow. I thought everyone watched Cheers.

So, here are the tracks: I quote a HEAVY 80s popular-culture reference. You don't get the refence. So, instead of asking me what I meant, you jump to the conclusion that I insulted you by insinuating that you're an alcoholic.

Yeah. I can't banter with people that thin skinned. I'll end up eviscerating you.

19 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Have you ever watched Cheers?

Norm usually walks into the bar, they ask him if he wants a beer, he then makes a funny quip

I'm guessing that reference went over your head.

I'm not calling you a drunk. Are you a snowflake?

Well, I am pretty unique.

Was Cheers the one with The Fonz? 

3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Guess not.

Wow. I thought everyone watched Cheers.

So, here are the tracks: I quote a HEAVY 80s popular-culture reference. You don't get the refence. So, instead of asking me what I meant, you jump to the conclusion that I insulted you by insinuating that you're an alcoholic.

Yeah. I can't banter with people that thin skinned. I'll end up eviscerating you.

Apologizes for the delayed response. I actually had to take 40 mins out to get two fillings. I'd now love a cold one, though my entire mouth and face is numb so it would probably spill all over me.

Geez, calm down mate! Now you're talking about disemboweling me because I missed a Cheers reference! What would Frasier have to say about that? 

Hold on, are we off topic here? 

27 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Just stick the rocket on bloody ignore. Save us all the hassle.

How does the poster in question get away with the behaviour they display here and not get banned? I’ve been back and forth with the moderators, trying to persuade them to ban this poster.

42 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'll take that as a solid "no"

Wow. Ok. At least i was willing to put my money where my mouth is.

You must think Scotland have zero chance, too. 

Can you answer my question please.

Will you offer the odds of 500/1 which back up your claims? Not irrelevant odds of 50/50 which intetest neither of us.

Just now, mrniaboc said:

Apologizes for the delayed response. I actually had to take 40 mins out to get two fillings. I'd now love a cold one, though my entire mouth and face is numb so it would probably spill all over me.

Geez, calm down mate! Now you're talking about disemboweling me because I missed a Cheers reference! What would Frasier have to say about that? 

Hold on, are we off topic here? 

Ah. Then I suggest sleeping it off (I'M NOT CALLING YOU A DRUNK). Last few times they give me the gas (assuming that you got gas) i got severe migraines... Vomit inducing migraines.

Ahhh! So you've seen "Frasier"?! Good stuff. And here was thinking you spend the 80s/90s in a cave.

Ummm... Was the topic sitcoms? "it's always sunny in Philadelphia" is great. Just avoid seasons 13 and 14.