Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll) - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll)

The_Dark_Knight

Where will we finish in the Euro 2020 playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will our fates be in the Euro 2020 Playoffs?

• Winner of the final
    • Runner up in the final
    • Semi-final loser

22 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Also interesting to see who voted for what. Wasn't too hard to guess who the people who voted for option 3 were haha, but I'm a little surprised by some of the names who are being so optimistic about our chance of qualifying. Let's hope they are right! 

Honestly? I kept the poll public because i wanted to be able to give the list to the men in white coats...

;)

15 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'm not surprised, to be honest. I knew a fair chunk of people would vote that we'd qualify... Didn't know that it was would so much, though. 

86.48% think we'll be in the final.

Cripes...

When was the last time we lost at Hampden to a pot 3 team? I genuinely don't know, but I think it's been a long time. 

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

Haha, I know. It’s really not that difficult.

If you can’t understand it, you shouldn’t be allowed to take part in the discussion. Or the supporting of the team!

Oh really? I can accept I should have looked it up, and If you read the thread you'll see that I looked up the rules but a few minutes afterwards but you insinuating I or anyone else who was mistaken should not take part of discussing topics or.... supporting the team is disgusting and extreme. I value freedom of expression, and your entitled to your belief as much as I am mine that Scotland welcome all as fans regardless how smart or knowledgeable they are.

Edited by romanticscot

3 hours ago, dohadeer said:

I’ve researched this a bit further, and the gap between our level and Serbia’s level is more vast and frightening than I previously thought!

The 14 players who got on the pitch for Serbia during today’s game play for the following clubs:

Crystal Palace; Sevilla, Getafe; Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina; Eintracht Frankfurt; Marseille, Reims; Ajax; Red Star Belgrade; Besiktas; Fulham.

Now, whilst not quite in the A-league of world football, that’s a very strong set of players from the B-league of world football, if you know what I mean. Those are nearly all teams from the Champions League or top halves of the biggest leagues in the world.

Our midfield is slightly below that level, but close enough to perhaps be competitive. Our defence and attack however, even with all players available, and obviously excluding our left-backs, are nowhere near that level. I don’t think non-Old Firm SPL players and English Championship players are at a high enough level to compete with players from the teams mentioned above.

Yes, in a one-off match we could edge/fluke it, but percentage-wise, it’s probably at least 75/25 in favour of Serbia.

I’m confused as to why people on here are predicting that we will progress ahead of Serbia?

I agree with what you have said there. Serbia are a strong side on paper and we would have a small chance against them even if we were playing well and looked like a solid unit.

2 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'm not surprised, to be honest. I knew a fair chunk of people would vote that we'd qualify... Didn't know that it was would so much, though. 

86.48% think we'll be in the final.

Cripes...

Tbf the teams we could face in the semi are beatable, but there isn't much chance of us beating Serbia or even Norway in the final. That's why I have said we will reach the final. Of course this is probably a more optimistic outlook as we could easily still get beat in the semi going by our recent form.

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

When was the last time we lost at Hampden to a pot 3 team? I genuinely don't know, but I think it's been a long time. 

I mean, I don’t think you’d find a large sample size of competitive Hampden games between us and our potential play-off opponents.

Also, we’re clearly on the decline, so previous results are a bit more irrelevant than usual.

7 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Haha, I know. It’s really not that difficult.

If you can’t understand it, you shouldn’t be allowed to take part in the discussion. Or the supporting of the team!

:lol:

Well, I wouldn't quite go that far, our crowds are low enough as it is.

7 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Also interesting to see who voted for what. Wasn't too hard to guess who the people who voted for option 3 were haha, but I'm a little surprised by some of the names who are being so optimistic about our chance of qualifying. Let's hope they are right! 

I went to check what I voted for because I couldn't remember. Couldn't find my vote. Pretty sure I've voted for this six times already.

14 hours ago, jailender said:

If it doesn't interest you, why fucking bother starting a thread?

Three threads, where he has said the same thing in each one. 

Anyway, I believe we'll win the playoffs if we get two Hampden games. Don't have much confidence in us going to Belgrade or Oslo and winning though.

Edited by Terry Munro

8 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

A day or so ago I was lambasted/mocked for not watching the SPL. Some people truly do think that the SPL is the zenith of football.

They watch McGregor, Christie, Forrest, etc, tear SPL teams to shreds and it clouds their judgment. 

You're clearly not a Scotland fan so why are you on here you boring bastard? 

I agree that it’ll probably come down to the toss of a coin to see if we have a decent chance of qualifying or not.

Just like we wouldn’t like to have to go to Norway or Serbia, they certainly wouldn’t fancy a one off game at Hampden especially as it would be a sell out.

If it’s at Hampden and we have most of our best players available, there’s no reason why we couldn’t beat Norway or Serbia. 

It would be great if Griffiths got some good game time between now and March because if he can get back to his best, he’d be a great asset at Hampden.

Let’s just hope luck is on our side on 22 November!

39 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

You're clearly not a Scotland fan so why are you on here you boring bastard? 

Alright. How is it "clear" I'm "not a Scotland fan" ?

Because I think the playoffs are a complete dead-rubber? And that we'd be better spending our time promoting a few kids from the youth teams instead of struggling on with players that have failed us, yet again? Because I want to SFA to get tough with domestic clubs in Scotland by introducing a homegrown rule? Because I think our second-rate central defenders are cannon fodder when they play in a two, at this level?

Yes. Clearly not a Scotland fan. Well deduced.

"Boring"!?!?!? MOI?!?! How DARE you insult my honour! I'll never get over that one.

Ever....

Ok. I'm now over it.

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Clearly it isnt, with you here.

Bang goes the ceasefire, eh?

Didn't last long.

What ceasefire? No offence but you were the one who stooped to very low levels about two months ago. Others pointed it out to you and you didnt have the balls to hold your hand up and apologise. 

Not one person on here has ever remotely came close to saying the spfl is a zenith of football, in fact its heavily criticised more than anything. 

I know you are incapable of this but why not admit you got that wrong or you meant something different. Its not difficult. 

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What ceasefire? No offence but you were the one who stooped to very low levels about two months ago. Others pointed it out to you and you didnt have the balls to hold your hand up and apologise. 

Not one person on here has ever remotely came close to saying the spfl is a zenith of football, in fact its heavily criticised more than anything. 

I know you are incapable of this but why not admit you got that wrong or you meant something different. Its not difficult. 

Yes. So says the guy who entered the thread of a newbie with the sole purpose of trolling it and spamming it, and oh yes, suggesting that I was that guy. Wasn't the first time, either. Did you apologize or admit that you were in the wrong? Not really. You entered a thread with little interest of contributing (which is very unlike you...) and yet you got a lot of petted lip when he called you on it.

Did you have the "balls to hold your hands up to apologise"?

Also, when i got "personal", it was very much in line with your behaviour. You were calling me every single insult under the sun. Did i fight fire with fire? Nah. There's lots of ways to skin a cat, unfortunately, for you, you did it with the subtlety of someone who had a glass of liquid protection.

Really? On the weekend someone said "Ourr resident tactical expert admits to not watching Scottish football.. It shows". Which pretty much means that that person thinks Scottish football is tactically based. It's not.

I agree. It's not difficult. Or are you sticking to your guns that you think he's one of my aliases? You spammed his thread, too. So that's two things you should apologize for.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not going to apologize to Rscot and I, for this one? https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/14627-today%E2%80%99s-starting-xi/&do=findComment&comment=550452

Your seventh comment (none of them on topic. All offensive)

"I know he is TDK. It wouldn't surprise me if he or she had more profiles. Whether it's a he or she, it's still an arsehole"

So tell me, how do you "know" that Rscot is me? Why wouldn't it surprise you if i had "more profiles"? And who is an "arsehole"? Rscot or me?

That's three accusations in one sentence. Do you have any evidence to back any it up? I assume that you have evidence for me being Rscot, as you "know Rscot is TDK". 

Show me.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

12 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Yes. So says the guy who entered the thread of a newbie with the sole purpose of trolling it and spamming it, and oh yes, suggesting that I was that guy. Wasn't the first time, either. Did you apologize or admit that you were in the wrong? Not really. You entered a thread with little interest of contributing (which is very unlike you...) and yet you got a lot of petted lip when he called you on it.

Did you have the "balls to hold your hands up to apologise"?

Also, when i got "person", it was very much in line with your behaviour. You were calling me every single insult under the sun. Did i fight fire with fire? Nah. There's lots of ways to skin a cat, unfortunately, for you, you did it with the subtlety of someone who had a glass of liquid protection.

Really? On the weekend someone said "Ourr resudent tactical expert admits to not watching Scottish football.. It shows". Which pretty much means that that person thinks Scottish football is tactically based. It's not.

I agree. It's not difficult. Or are you sticking to your guns that you think he's one of my aliases? You spammed his thread, too. So that's two things you should apologize for.

Accusing someone of being someone else on here is hardly the crime of the century, my intentions were not to spam anything, anyway that's fucking rich coming from you considering you start multiple threads despite there being thread of the same topic available. The poster in question completely lost the plot and threatened other posters, he should have been banned. He was either drunk or having a really bad night, regardless his reaction was OTT. Its funny when you accuse others of spamming, you have had a dig at me and others for having a substantial level of posts in the past, you have almost half the number of posts I have but in less than 10% of the time. You are by far the worst for spamming this board

Nope, you are wrong again. You were told by other people that you took it too far and you disappeared off the thread. I laughed at how serious you take this place and you took it to another level with accusations of alcoholism and fearing for my wife's safety. You accused me of threatenting you, there is no threat in that argument, go and have a look.for yourself. You took it to a very low level, it was pointed out to you at the time. 

That doesn't in anyway come close to that one person thinking the SPFL is a zenith of football. Thats what you said. 

I have no idea if Rscot or any other poster is you, it wouldn't surprise me though. To equate that type of accusation to what you said to me a few months back shows the type of person you are.

3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Not going to apo

Your seventh comment (none of them on topic. All offensive)

"I know he is TDK. It wouldn't surprise me if he or she had more profiles. Whether it's a he or she, it's still an arsehole"

So tell me, how do you "know" that Rscot is me? Why wouldn't it surprise you if i had "more profiles"? And who is an "arsehole"? Rscot or me?

That's three accusations in one sentence. Do you have any evidence to back any it up? I assume that you have evidence for me being Rscot, as you "know Rscot is TDK". 

Show me.

I was replying to farcity in that thread, you have taken that out of context

see below

Chripper is alive and well on here. He has at least 3 profiles on the go, I think 5 though, and they all respond to one another. It is 100% the same sad fucker. 

I replied with 

I know he is TDK. It wouldn't surprise me if he or she had more profiles. Whether it's a he or she, it's still an arsehole

I can see why that would be misunderstood but when I said he I meant Chripper as in I know Chripper is you.

And absolutely no way will I apologise to anyone who threatens to rip my face off or accuses me of what you did. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I was replying to farcity in that thread, you have taken that out of context

see below

Chripper is alive and well on here. He has at least 3 profiles on the go, I think 5 though, and they all respond to one another. It is 100% the same sad fucker. 

I replied with 

I know he is TDK. It wouldn't surprise me if he or she had more profiles. Whether it's a he or she, it's still an arsehole

I can see why that would be misunderstood but when I said he I meant Chripper as in I know Chripper is you.

And absolutely no way will I apologise to anyone who threatens to rip my face off or accuses me of what you did. 

You’re an arsehole mate, you’ll always be one, apologises or not.