Oliver McBurnie - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver McBurnie

weekevie04

5 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

I agree he looks awkward and uncoordinated. I really don’t particularly like 95% of his game but put the ball in the box and he’ll score goals. Last 20 chasing a game, he’ll be useful. 

Yeh perhaps, end of the day we can't turn up our noses at a striker playing in the epl so he will probably be a mainstay of our squad. 

This is purely from memory, so probably bollocks, but did Griffiths not make most of his appearances as a late sub under the ginger one. He took an eternity to understand that maybe playing players who were winning every week with Celtic, as opposed to some cunt playing Championship fitba in England would be a good thing, it wasn't only Griffiths that suffered this IMO. Strangely, once he figured this out, we had an upturn in fortunes.

Griffiths > Naismith > Shankland > Burke > Me > Michelle McManus > McBurnie

McBurnie might turn out to be good, but everything about him stinks currently, honking, with a shit attitude, not a great combination.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

This is purely from memory, so probably bollocks, but did Griffiths not make most of his appearances as a late sub under the ginger one. He took an eternity to understand that maybe playing players who were winning every week with Celtic, as opposed to some cunt playing Championship fitba in England would be a good thing, it wasn't only Griffiths that suffered this IMO. Strangely, once he figured this out, we had an upturn in fortunes.

Griffiths > Naismith > Shankland > Burke > Me > Michelle McManus > McBurnie

McBurnie might turn out to be good, but everything about him stinks currently, honking, with a shit attitude, not a great combination.

Going by my count on the SFA's website, Griffiths actually started 10 times under Strachan, out of his 19 caps total. 1 of those 19 caps was Stark's game and two were McLeish. So of his 16 appearances in the Strachan era, only 6 were from the bench. Surprising, that. 

My memory is that as soon as he started adding more hold up play to his game under the tutelage of the Rodgers era of Celtic, he was starting. Something that I think was missing from his game before then, when Deila was his club manager. Griffiths improved under Rodgers, for sure.