Oliver McBurnie - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver McBurnie

weekevie04

He’s fuckin guff. I was always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but a chance last night around 75 mins when he was played though and he didn’t have the pace to leave the closing defender, he slowed up and played a shite cross/pass behind Burke coming in on the other side. Pish. If that was Griffiths in that situation he’d have taken a touch to get it out his feet, create a bit space and get a shot away. 

He’s had multiple chances and shown nothing. Oot please. 

9 hours ago, gonzohiggy said:

He does have uses, he's useful in the air. 

Actually think the Kazakhstan game would be the right sort of game for him. We should dominate and if we play 2 wingers will put plenty of balls in the box and he wouldn't look so out of place in that setup. 

Think shankland will start tho and as said before he looks a far more refined player 

That's the trouble - as a team we don't create enough chances. Off the top of my head only two of our goals in this group have been scored by the centre-forward. If we could create the chances I think McBurnie would score for us, going by his goalscoring record last season.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He’s crap, not Scottish and has said on national tv (albeit by accident) that he doesn’t want to play for Scotland.

Shankland should 100% play in his place. 

Shankland's injured.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He’s crap, not Scottish and has said on national tv (albeit by accident) that he doesn’t want to play for Scotland.

Shankland should 100% play in his place. 

So he's played from under 19 to the senior side for 6 years as well as coming from a Scottish family but still not considered 'Scottish' by some on here. What a joke.

Guest ElChris04

McBurnie turns up when he doesn’t need to, apologised with it being friendly banter. Is he a bit of a wanker? Probably is, but we all have that mate who says they hate international fitbaw then show there passion when the games are on. McBurnie falls into that category. I think the hate wagon needs to get off him and more into the Micky mouse pre Madonna’s who can’t be arsed to turn up or pull out with little excuse.

Also, Not saying McBurnie is a out and out striker because he’s not. He needs a man up top to link up play with him as he does for Sheffield. but if we can find that shape I feel he’ll be a useful player for us. 

3 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

McBurnie turns up when he doesn’t need to, apologised with it being friendly banter. Is he a bit of a wanker? Probably is, but we all have that mate who says they hate international fitbaw then show there passion when the games are on. McBurnie falls into that category. I think the hate wagon needs to get off him and more into the Micky mouse pre Madonna’s who can’t be arsed to turn up or pull out with little excuse.

Also, Not saying McBurnie is a out and out striker because he’s not. He needs a man up top to link up play with him as he does for Sheffield. but if we can find that shape I feel he’ll be a useful player for us. 

‘Pre Madonna?!??’

Please let that be a joke. If it’s not, then I’m extremely worried about you.

8 hours ago, csinclair said:

So he's played from under 19 to the senior side for 6 years as well as coming from a Scottish family but still not considered 'Scottish' by some on here. What a joke.

He’s not considered Scottish because he’s said he doesn’t want to play. 

He’s also rank rotten. 

27 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He’s not considered Scottish because he’s said he doesn’t want to play. 

He’s also rank rotten. 

Spot on.

Id be happy capping someone with absolutely no family link, blood line, heritage, or whatever one would call it, as long as he wanted to play for us, was good enough and qualified. If a Chilean / Ugandan / Indonesian etc moved here at 10, qualified through the schooling rule or residency etc, and wanted to play for us, get him capped, much better that than some uninterested son of a Scottish bloke who clearly doesn't care.

A shame Shankland is out for tomorrow. I'd loved to have seen him start and hopefully get another goal/cap ; what we would give for a goal scorer.

One positive - I assumed Naismith was 34 and he's only just turned 33 - so we may well hopefully get another 18 months out of him in a Scotland shirt. He's getting older, but he proved his worth on Saturday with a decent performance. He's the perfect player to throw on for 20 minutes if we are trying to hold on or chase a lead. Only wee issue with him is his niggling at the ref/players ; he's never going to change now, but it ends up in pointless yellows then again take that away and he's probably a different/lesser player.

Guest ElChris04
11 hours ago, dohadeer said:

‘Pre Madonna?!??’

Please let that be a joke. If it’s not, then I’m extremely worried about you.

Made my night that, thank you for someone clocking 🤣

Far too early to write him off yet. He's 23 and, at a time when we're desperately short of options up front, has scored a lot of goals at a decent level. 

Also the stuff about him not wanting to play is clearly nonsense. He's turned up for squads that plenty of others have ducked out of (Peru and Mexico for a start).

6 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

I'd say his biggest problem, in addition to not being a particularly good footballer, is that he is absolutely wild on the drink.  Something that shows no sign of improving at present.

Source?

I assumed that modern footballers at that level were teetotal, but perhaps that’s naive of me!

8 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Source?

I assumed that modern footballers at that level were teetotal, but perhaps that’s naive of me!

He’s hardly teetotal as he was arrested for drink driving a few weeks ago. 

No idea if the allegation that he’s ‘wild on the drink’ is true though. Could’ve been a one off. 

From the reports that came out wasn't he hardly over the limit and had like 1 or 2 beers and risked taking his car home?

Not making excuses, as any form of drink driving is abhorrent, however I don't think that can reasonably equate to him being wild on the drink. If it does, then I'm an alcoholic as I drink on average 2/3 times per week!